Academia.edu no longer supports Internet Explorer.
To browse Academia.edu and the wider internet faster and more securely, please take a few seconds to upgrade your browser .
Enter the email address you signed up with and we'll email you a reset link.
- We're Hiring!
- Help Center
Poultry Farming Project Proposal
The Poultry keeping abbreviated as PKP, is a project proposed specifically to solve unemployment and income related problems affecting the youths. The project is intended to transform the life of the youths in terms of social, economic and behavioral as well as domestic well being of the community at large. This project is therefore being sought for through writing a project proposal and the project viability due to the analytical investigation that will be conducted by the team leader and the representatives of a team of business experts due to the positive impact of the project that will impact the community at large.
Sorry, preview is currently unavailable. You can download the paper by clicking the button above.
- We're Hiring!
- Help Center
- Find new research papers in:
- Health Sciences
- Earth Sciences
- Cognitive Science
- Computer Science
- Academia ©2023
Business Plan for Investors
- Bank/SBA Business Plan
- Strategic/Operational Business Plan
- L1 Visa Business Plan
- E1 Treaty Trader Visa Business Plan
- E2 Treaty Investor Visa Business Plan
- EB-1 Business Plan
- EB-2 NIW Business Plan
- EB-5 Business Plan
- Innovator Visa Business Plan
- Start-Up Visa Business Plan
- Expansion Worker Visa Business Plan
- Manitoba MPNP Visa Business Plan
- Nova Scotia NSNP Visa Business Plan
- British Columbia BC PNP Visa Business Plan
- Self-Employed Visa Business Plan
- OINP Entrepreneur Stream Business Plan
- LMIA Owner Operator Business Plan
- ICT Work Permit Business Plan
- LMIA Mobility Program – C11 Entrepreneur Business Plan
- USMCA (ex-NAFTA) Business Plan
- Franchise Business Plan
- Landlord business plan
- Nonprofit Start-Up Business Plan
- Cannabis business plan
- Ecommerce business plan
- Online boutique business plan
- Mobile application business plan
- Daycare business plan
- Restaurant business plan
- Food delivery business plan
- Real estate business plan
- Business Continuity Plan
- Buy Side Due Diligence Services
- ICO whitepaper
- ICO consulting services
- Confidential Information Memorandum
- Private Placement Memorandum
- Feasibility study
- How it works
- Business Plan Examples
Poultry Farming Business Plan Sample
Do you want to start a Poultry Farming business plan?
Starting a business in the food sector requires an ambitious plan. For a poultry farm business, a good business plan for poultry farming will be needed to make it successful.
The primary step to starting this business is to learn how to write a business plan for poultry farming. You can go for food delivery service business plans if the major focus of your startup will be to deliver poultry products.
However, if you are looking to open a farming business in the poultry sector, reading an organic farm business plan or reading this example is a great start. Just like any other business, you will need to develop a solid business plan for a poultry farm. It can help you get required permits as well as investors in situations of need. Here, we will be presenting the business plan for Chuck’s Produce Farm.
2.1 about the farm.
Chuck’s Produce Farm will be a poultry farm started by Henry Chuck. The primary objective of the business will be to provide poultry products such as chicken meat and eggs to supermarkets as well as nearby restaurants.
2.2 How will the Farm be Managed?
According to its Chicken Farming business plan , Chuck’s produce farm will be managed through a detailed plan. The business plan of the poultry farm will include management guides for all aspects of the business, from finances to operations. Henry read through many business plan poultry farming samples to ensure that his chicken poultry farm business plan address all the possible tricky aspects of the business.
In this business plan online template, we will show you how to make a poultry farm business plan for your business.
2.3 Customers of Poultry Farming Company
Our customers will primarily be other businesses to whom we will provide our products and services to be transferred to the general public. Thus, our main customer groups will include:
- Supermarket Chains
- Small Produce Businesses
- Food Factories
2.4 Business Target
The target of Chuck’s Produce Farm will be to become the major supplier of poultry products to businesses in and around Dallas. The business will aim to gain at least a 60% share in the local market by the end of the second year.
The financial targets that the business is aiming to achieve are demonstrated below:
3.1 farm ownership & management.
Henry Chuck will be the owner and primary manager of Chuck’s Produce Farm. He studied biology and biochemistry as a student and then worked with many organizations to manage product dissemination operations. His father had a farm, and it was always his dream to make use of the farm to create an organic business.
3.2 Why is the Farm Being Started?
Henry noticed that with an increase in the consumption of food, especially poultry products, industries had started to resort to harmful chemicals just to meet demands. He wanted to change the narrative by providing organic and healthy poultry substitutes so that local people could consume poultry products without the added harm of chemicals.
3.3 Basic Steps to Start Poultry Farm Business
Step1: Refine Your Idea
The first step to the start of anything new is an idea. So, before Henry even thought about how to set up a poultry farm , he needed a basic business idea. Refining the idea before he developed a business plan on poultry farming was a great advantage as it helped him limit the scope of his planning.
Step2: Develop the Uniqueness
The next step before writing a poultry farming business plan is to develop the unique areas of your business. Henry used this step as a build-up of the idea. He knew the importance of marketable businesses and products, so he created a brand around the unique propositions of his farm.
Step3: Location Selection and Permits
Henry already had a location for starting Chuck’s Produce Farm. However, since one cannot start a commercial farm on a whim, he worked to get the required permissions from local authorities. This will allow him to run his business smoothly without any legal complications.
Step4: Online Presence
Since Henry’s business idea is focused on commercial customers instead of the public, so most of the orders will be in bulk. In order to manage such orders and keep up to date with customers and their demands, Henry decided to invest in the development of an online portal with which his customers could put in orders. Henry also decided to develop social media profiles for his business for a greater audience reach about organic products.
Step5: Follow the Plan
One cannot learn how to run a poultry business or any other business without dedicating research to a developed plan. After developing the business plan for poultry farm pdf, Henry will follow the guidelines to establish a sustainable farming business.
When thinking about how start a poultry farming business , Henry zoned in on the services he would be providing to his customers. This helped him filter out what operations needed planning and which ones didn’t. To start a poultry farm business or any other business for that matter, a refined list of marketable products and services is needed. In his small scale poultry farming business plan, Henry decided to add all the services that his produce farm aimed to provide. To learn how to open a poultry farm, you can look at the list of services we are providing in this poultry farm business plan. You can also refer to a cattle farming business plan to understand what scale of services is best to start a business.
- Chicken and Turkey Products
The first set of products offered by Chuck’s Produce Farm will be chicken and turkey. We will offer clean meat that is processed in different ways. Our customers will be able to buy full chickens or turkeys ready for roast, boneless meat, and so on.
Chuck’s Produce Farm will also rear chickens for laying eggs. This will be an added facet to Henry’s pdf on poultry farming business plan. The farm will provide these eggs to our customers regularly at a wholesale price.
- Poultry Rearing Services
The farm will also aid other smaller poultry farms with proper rearing of poultry and chickens for both eggs and meat. In this regard, our farmers will give training sessions and tips to the locals.
- Chick Shipments
Our last service will be to provide chicks to poultry farms in other parts of the country. This is to promote the development and rearing of own meat and poultry in all parts of the country. This service will help in the sustainable consumption and rearing of poultry in the industry.
Marketing Analysis of Poultry Farming Company
excellent work, competent advice. Alex is very friendly, great communication. 100% I recommend CGS capital. Thank you so much for your hard work!
Starting a poultry farm business requires the collection and use of a lot of information. No business can be started without knowing about your target market. Whether you are developing a dairy farm business plan or a business plan for a poultry farm pdf, you need to learn about the target market.
Therefore, Henry decided to do some research into the poultry farm industry when learning how to set up a poultry farm business. He learned that the business plan of poultry farming should include its products and services along with its unique propositions over the market. It should inquire into the previous trends and predicted future trends to invest in operations that are useful in figuring how to establish a poultry farm.
After looking into the industry, Henry knew the major trends which he decided to utilize in developing his business plan for poultry farm . Through these trends, Henry identified the target customers for his business as presented in the poultry farming business plan template below.
5.1 Market Trends
According to IBISWorld, chicken and turkey meat production has a market share of around $30 Billion in the United States alone. And according to Reportlinker’s “Poultry Global Market Report 2021: COVID-19 Impact and Recovery to 2030” report, the industry has a growth rate of 3.8%. This means there is significant room in the industry for another player like Chuck’s Produce Farms.
5.2 Marketing Segmentation
The target customers of Chuck’s Produce Farm are as follows:
5.2.1 Supermarket Chains
Our primary customers will be the supermarket chains in Dallas. We will provide the products for their meat and produce sections. We will also provide eggs and other meat options for these chains. Thus, they will be our indirect link to the public.
5.2.2 Small Produce Businesses
The second set of customers we expect to serve will be small produce businesses. Smaller businesses have a harder time setting up their operations and properly rearing poultry. Thus, Chuck’s Produce Farm will offer training and shadowing services to these new businesses to promote the production of poultry on a local scale.
5.2.3 Food Factories
Our third target group of customers will be food factories in the nearby areas that need poultry like chicken and turkey along with eggs to create their products. We expect to have contracts with quite a few of these factories.
Our final target group will be restaurants in Dallas. Usually, restaurants look for the wholesale rate of poultry products to save expenses. Therefore, Chuck’s Produce Farm will reach out to many restaurants for an exclusive contract to supply organic poultry products.
5.3 Business Target
- To achieve the status as the best organic poultry farm in Dallas.
- Promote the production of clean poultry products across the country.
- To provide chemical-free meat and poultry products to our customers.
- To increase the preference for organic, chemical-free poultry over regular one.
5.4 Product Pricing
Since our products have to compete with industrial products at a commercial level, our prices will be similar to the market competitors. However, at the same price, we will be providing chemical-free products that can be checked for health benefits against competing products.
To write a business plan on poultry farming, Henry ventured to search for his target market. This allowed him to develop a business plan sample for poultry farm that could focus on marketing for these particular customers.
A marketing plan is an essential element of a farming poultry business plan. In fact, it is a very important part of every business plan, whether it is a pig farm business plan or a broiler poultry farming business plan.
Therefore, in this business plan, we are presenting the marketing plan and strategies for Chuck’s Produce Farm.
6.1 Competitive Analysis
- We will provide meat that is free of chemicals usually used to increase the growth rate or size.
- We will offer organic products that stem from proper poultry grooming.
- We will aid local poultry farms and focus on a helping business model.
- We will use organic and eco-friendly feed and products that harm neither the poultry nor its consumers.
6.2 Sales Strategy
- We will offer organic products as compared to the chemically treated ones in the market.
- We will reach contracts with local restaurants and businesses.
- We will advertise through word of mouth and local training and guide sessions held throughout Dallas.
Any questions? Get in Touch
6.3 sales monthly.
6.4 Sales Yearly
6.5 Sales Forecast
If you have hen business ideas or something of the like, you may be trying to learn how to start a small poultry farm. Henry had the idea of an organic farm business plan which is how he developed the idea of Chuck’s Produce Farm. To ensure the success of his business, Henry added an employee section in his business plan for a poultry farm . The workforce needed to start Chuck’s Produce Farm can be found below for reference.
7.1 Company Staff
- 1 Co-Manager to help in overall operations
- 10 Trained Poultry Farmers
- 8 General Cleaners
- 1 Technician to maintain machines
- 3 Sales and Marketing Executives
- 1 Accountant
7.2 Average Salary of Employees
Starting a poultry farm requires much more than a food idea. It requires consistent effort and planning to maintain the business. In order to develop a successful business plan for poultry farming, Henry put in a significant amount of effort in the financial analysis section.
To start and run a sustainable business, Henry planned out the costs for different operations of the farm along with expected sales and product prices. This kind of financial analysis is necessary for every business plan, may it be a goat farming business plan . For making a financial plan for your startup, you can follow the example below for guidance.
8.1 Important Assumptions
8.2 break-even analysis.
8.3 Projected Profit and Loss
8.3.1 profit monthly.
8.3.2 Profit Yearly
8.3.3 Gross Margin Monthly
8.3.4 Gross Margin Yearly
8.4 Projected Cash Flow
8.5 Projected Balance Sheet
8.6 business ratios.
- How do I start a poultry farm business plan?
You can start chicken farm by looking at poultry farming business ideas and developing a good business plan like the one above.
- How much profit does a poultry farm make?
According to ChickenFeedMachinery, a poultry farmer can make up to $2000/month for 300 egg-laying chickens, but it varies from one type of business to the next.
- Is poultry farming a profitable business?
A poultry farming business can be highly profitable if you have a commercial poultry farm business plan like the one shown above.
- Which poultry is most profitable?
The success of a poultry business depends more on its management than its type. So, you can download a poultry farm business plan like the one above to sharpen those skills.
Download Poultry Farm Business Plan Sample in pdf
OGSCapital’s team has assisted thousands of entrepreneurs with top-rate business plan development, consultancy and analysis. They’ve helped thousands of SME owners secure more than $1.5 billion in funding, and they can do the same for you.
E-mail is already registered on the site. Please use the Login form or enter another .
You entered an incorrect username or password
mentioned in the press:
Search the site:
OGScapital website is not supported for your current browser. Please use:
Poultry Project Proposal
Uploaded by, document information, available formats, share this document, share or embed document, sharing options.
- Share on Facebook, opens a new window Facebook
- Share on Twitter, opens a new window Twitter
- Share on LinkedIn, opens a new window LinkedIn
- Share with Email, opens mail client Email
- Copy Link Copy Link
Did you find this document useful?
Is this content inappropriate, reward your curiosity.
- Share on Facebook, opens a new window
- Share on Twitter, opens a new window
- Share on LinkedIn, opens a new window
- Share with Email, opens mail client
Financial forecasting, see how upmetrics works →, strategic planning, entrepreneurs & small business, accelerators & incubators, business consultants & advisors, educators & business schools, students & scholars.
- Sample Plans
Business Plan Course
Strategic canvas templates, e-books, guides & more.
- WHY UPMETRICS?
Customers Success Stories
- Sample Business Plans
- Agriculture, Farm & Food Production
Poultry Farming Business Plan
Are you thinking of starting a poultry farming business We have prepared a solid poultry farming business plan sample that guides you on every stage of your business plan writing
We’ll walk you through a sample chicken farming business plan so you can start writing yours right now with Upmetrics .
A business plan outlines your five-year growth strategy and a current picture of your poultry farm. It outlines your company’s objectives and your plan for achieving them.
Download the sample poultry farming business plan and get started with your business.
How to Write a Poultry Business Plan?
You need a business plan if you want to start a chicken farm or grow your existing one. We will go over each section of a detailed business plan for a chicken-raising company.
Poultry Farming Business Plan Outline
This is the typical structure for a business plan for a poultry farm, and it includes all the key elements that you should have in your plan.
Business Plan Outline
- Keys to success
- Location and Facilities
- Industry Analysis
- Challenges facing the poultry industry
- Market segmentation
- Target market segment strategy
- Market trends
- Startup costs
- Product Description
- Future products
- Service Description
- Future services
- Competitive edge
- Marketing strategy
- Pricing and promotion strategy
- Web Strategy
- Sales strategy
- SWOT analysis
- Management team
- Faustin Hategekimana
- Aisha Alimi
- Khadijah Khalid
- Asmau Abubakar
- Eric Hagenimana
- Lawal Nura Bada
- Hiring Plan
- Projected Profit and Loss
- Projected Cash Flow
- Projected Balance Sheet
- Financial risks
- Health risks
- Technological risks
Although it is typically the last piece you write because it summarises each important element of your poultry farm business plan , your executive summary serves as an introduction to your business plan.
The investor’s attention should be quickly captured by your executive summary . Inform them of the type of poultry farm you manage and its current condition.
For instance, do you operate poultry farm businesses across the country, are you just starting, or do you already have one and want to grow it?
Define all the purposes of the chicken business plan . Business objectives are the precise and quantifiable outcomes that organizations seek to maintain as they expand.
Keys To Success
Mention all the unique selling propositions of your business. Also mentions all principles you are going to follow in the poultry farming business.
Projected costs at the moment, or in the upcoming five years, mention them all. Attach all the financial statements.
- Net Income : The profitability indicator is known as net income and is calculated by subtracting total business expenses , interest costs, taxes, and depreciation from the total money your company generated over a given time.
Your business overview’s opening line should serve as a kind of elevator pitch for your organization. A succinct statement outlining who you are and what you do.
Name all the owners and the part of their roles they will be playing in your firm. If you are confused, then to get the exact idea about how to write it download our sample chicken farming business plan template
Describe the location in your chicken business plan , and also what facilities you are going to provide.
You must give a general summary of the poultry farm industry in your industry analysis as given in our poultry farm business plan template.
Although it may appear unneeded, this provides several functions.
You gain knowledge by researching the poultry farm sector. It helps you gain a better understanding of the field in which you work.
Your plan can be improved with the help of market research , particularly if you discover market trends .
Define your target industry and all the challenges possible in your broiler chicken farming business plan.
A start-up summary in a business plan includes a description of your goods and services, the organization of your company, your target market, your marketing approach, the necessary funding financial predictions, and licensing requirements.
It functions as a road plan for your company.
Products And Services
Give details about the products and services you provide in this section. Whatever your future plans about all the services and products are, mention them too.
If there are any additional services you want to provide, then mention them too in your poultry farm business plan. For instance, “We want to offer home delivery as a manner of providing for our customers for clients willing to purchase at least a specified quantity of our things.”
Before focusing on the latter, your competitive analysis should list your company’s direct and indirect competitors.
The other poultry farms with whom you compete should be listed in terms of direct competition. You’ll likely face the most competition from nearby poultry farms.
List the benefits and drawbacks of each of these rival companies in a concise description. If you haven’t previously worked there, it won’t be possible for you to know everything about your competitors’ businesses.
Your areas of competitive advantage should be listed as the last component of your competitive analysis. For instance:
- Will you employ better production techniques?
- Will you offer services that aren’t offered by your rivals?
- Will your customer service improve?
- Will you provide lower prices?
Consider strategies to beat the competition and list them in this portion of your poultry farm business plan template.
Market Strategy And Implementation
Your marketing team has a roadmap thanks to a marketing implementation in your chicken farming business plan. It also demonstrates how marketing will appear in the future.
In essence, a marketing implementation strategy uses methods like marketing processes, sprints, checklists , and marketing templates to transform everything into a clear process.
Do the SWOT analysis here, and share your sales strategy, pricing & promotion strategy in this section.
Download the template and get started with your business plan-making process.
Management And Organization Structure
Solid management staff is crucial to proving the viability of your poultry farm.
Highlight the information and experience that show your key players’ ability to grow a business and draw attention to their backgrounds.
You and/or your team members should ideally have first-hand knowledge of running a chicken farm. If so, emphasize your experience and knowledge in the broiler farming business plan.
Highlight any experience you believe will assist your firm in succeeding.
Your 5-year financial statement, broken down into monthly or quarterly segments for the first year and then annually after that, should be included in your financial plan.
Your cash flow , balance sheet , and income statement are all components of your financial statements .
Through the process of risk assessment, it is possible to examine potential consequences if a risk arises.
A business impact analysis (BIA) is a technique for evaluating the effects of potentially interrupting time-sensitive or important company processes. There are various risks to take into account, here below are some:
Include all of your financial estimates in the appendix of your poultry farm business plan template , along with any additional materials that can strengthen your case.
You may, for instance, provide the lease or title to your farm, as well as the production facility’s plans.
Business Planning Resources
We have plenty of free business planning resources available to help you with your planning. You can download our resources to learn all about business planning.
Not found what you are looking for? Explore our 200+ sample business plans to find match for your business.
DISCLAIMER: The business plans, templates, and articles contained on upmetrics.co are not to be considered as legal advice. All content is for informational purposes, and upmetrics makes no claim as to accuracy, legality or suitability. The site owner shall not be held liable for any errors, omissions or for damages of any kind.
Plan your business in the shortest time possible
No Risk – Cancel at Any Time – 15 Day Money Back Guarantee
Please fill out the form below and we'll contact you shortly.
Download Your Template Now
Complete Poultry Business Plan for Broilers and Layers (Download PDF/Doc)
This is a complete poultry business plan in Nigeria that you can download for either broilers or layers. You can present this poultry business plan to seek financial grant from various organizations and banks. You can also use it to set up your poultry business in Nigeria.
Therefore, in case you are searching for poultry business plan template, sample or proposal for commercial purpose, kindly read this document and download it immediately.
The Poultry business plan you are going to download here contains the following:
- Executive summary
- Business ownership
- Farm location
- Our vision statement
- Our mission statement
- Our business structure
- Our strength
- Market analysis
- Market trends
- Our target market
- Our competitive advantage
- Sales and marketing strategy
- Sales forecast
- Payment options
- Financial projections and costing
- Sources of startup capital
Godiya poultry farm is a farm focused on both egg and meat production that provides for a large market range. It also produces manure as a by-product. It is based in Kaduna, Kaduna State.
The founders have noticed the health implication of red meat and are creating a business to meet the increased demand for white meat and eggs. Chickens happen to be a great source of white meat and are also largely known for egg production.
Not only that we are interested in meeting the demands of the customer, we also plan to create utmost satisfaction for these customers. We also want to use this business as a means of creating employment within the community it is based in and to contribute to the economy of the country.
We plan on provide products with quality and maintain this supply efficiently. This is a partnership business that plans on distributing eggs, chicken, cat fish to restaurants, home delivery food centers, hotels, schools, clubs, bakery and catering businesses and supermarkets.
We also plan on doing this at very affordable prices. We will also distribute manure to farmers that are into crop production.
This business plan is meant to articulate the vision and future of our farm, and to appeal to investors and external stakeholders to get involved in this business and help with its funding as it is a capital intensive business. We also hope that it will serve as a guideline for the firm’s employees to move towards the goal of the farm.
Not only do we offer products, but we offer services as well. We plan on providing home delivery services to customers who order a certain amount of products.
This offer will mostly be used by the section of our target market that uses eggs, chickens or fish in large quantities like schools and bakeries.
500 chickens would be optimum for the initial operation of the business. Production site is in Kaduna, plenty open space, cheap labors, road connection, water availability and immediate access to markets.
Revenue for this will be gotten from personal saving, loan and grants. Investment in this business shall be allocated to the following purposes: Acquiring land, constructing fish ponds, buying chickens, buying fingerlings, building cage house, stocking the pellets, hiring the experts and other miscellaneous tasks. Fifty percent gross margin is expected within 6 months of its operations withholding the chances of any accidental or unexpected incidence and we hope to obtain the breakeven point within 2 years.
We have considered the risks, financial, health and technology wisely.
Download: Cat Fish Business Plan download in Nigeria
POULTRY FARM OBJECTIVES
Godiya Poultry Farm will measure its success by its ability to achieve the following objectives:
- Becoming the “Best and most hygienic poultry producer in the area” complying by the national standards for food and drugs.
- Turn in profits from the first six months of operations.
- Maintain 50% gross margin ratio.
- Winning the hearts and tastes of our beloved consumers and establishing a brand image of the company through heavy marketing campaigns in the first one year.
POULTRY FARM MISSION
Godiya poultry farm’s mission is to provide customers with quality, fresh, and valuable products. To respect all employees and enable everyone to have a say in company affairs. Quality and service are our number one priority. To provide investors with opportunities to receive a nice return on investment and high-quality growth.
To contribute to the community through physical and social programs. Our farm intends to have the largest poultry farm products. We plan to increase and expand our production of chicken, fish and eggs to challenge the evergrowing demand for these products.
The nutritious and protein rich products from our farm would always be the first choice of our consumers.
OUR KEYS TO SUCCESS
Godiya poultry farm will follow these principles in order to achieve success in its market:
- State of art cage framework accommodating optimum number of chickens with lessened possible hazards.
- Diverse slaughters network, market chain management, optimum inventory level and ‘customer is king’ policy.
- Regular visits by veterinary medical workers and hygienic poultry house environment.
How To Download The Complete Poultry Business Plan In Nigeria
The complete Business plan is N5,000 and you can download the complete poultry business plan in your email. Above is apart of the complete Poultry business plan. In case you the complete business plan, follow the procedures to download it or call 08030447894 or 08133717775.
BUSINESS PLAN DOWNLOAD LINK
For you to download the complete business plan straight to your email address, kindly Click on the>> DOWNLOAD LINK for immediate response. You’ll pay the sum of N5000
Bank: UBA Account name: AJETUNMOBI OLANIYI Account number : 2089760594
Thereafter, send us your email address through text message to 08133717775 or 08030447894 . The text must contain the title of the business plan you want and also your email address. Immediately after the confirmation of your payment, we will send the poultry business plan to your email address where you can easily download it.
YAM PRODUCTION BUSINESS PLAN DOWNLOAD IN NIGERIA
Cattle Rearing Business Plan (Download PDF/Doc)
CATFISH FARMING BUSINESS PLAN DOWNLOAD IN NIGERIA
SHEA BUTTER PROCESSING BUSINESS PLAN IN NIGERIA (DOWNLOAD)
Ginger Farming Business Plan Download (PDF/Ms Word)
Cassava Farming Processing Business Plan In Nigeria (Download)
Rice Cultivation and Processing Business Plan in Nigeria (Download Now)
Sachet/Bottled Water Business Plan Download
About The Author
He is an internet entrepreneur who finds pleasure in sharing useful tips to help others.
Leave a Reply Cancel Reply
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed .
Commercial Poultry Farm Project Proposal Pdf
Poultry farm project proposal pdf.
Poultry farm project proposal pdf is an essential point to start a poultry farm business. if someone starts a chicken farm business , you need to poultry farm project proposal pdf in your business plan. download the pdf file at end of the post.
There is a common question of farmers and poultry producers are how to build a poultry house? how to construct a poultry shed ? how to construct a layers house ? Requirements for chicken house construction etc.
MORE READ- HOW TO START A POULTRY BUSINESS
Objective of Poultry farm Proposal
Before starting a poultry farm project, you should fix the objectives of the Commercial poultry farm project proposal pdf. There are points about objectives of the Commercial poultry farm project proposal-
(i) To know all the technical details of starting a poultry farm.
(ii) To calculate expenditure for different heads.
(iii) To understand the assumptions underlying the project.
(iv) To evaluate the receipts and profitability of the project.
Procedure (Steps By Steps)
Now we can discuss the whole Commercial poultry farm project proposal according to farm operation
I. Working out of technical details and assumptions of the project.
11. Calculation of non-recurring (capital) expenditure by considering cost of
housing, equipment, store, supervisors, quarters, watering facility and land
development charges, etc.
Ill. Calculation of working capital – Capital needed to run the farm upto the
project completion period. It includes cost of chicks , feeds and miscellaneous
cost i.e., vaccination, medicine, labour, electricity etc. as applicable.
IV. Calculation of total project cost, share of promoter/farmer and bank finance
needed; usually farmer’s share will be 25% of project cost excluding cost of
V. Calculation of annual recurring expenditure – It includes the cost of chicks , feed, miscellaneous cost, etc. in each year.
VI. Calculation of annual gross return – Here total receipts from all sources of
income, viz., egg , broiler, manure, empty feed bags are calculated per year basis.
VII. Calculation of bank repayment schedule – Here yearly installment of bank
loan and interest are calculated.
VIII. THE Calculation of net return – It is arrived by subtracting the repaid annual
- bank loan and annual recurring expenditure from annual gross return.
- Here project reports for various categories of poultry are prepared, viz., broiler,
- layer , duck (free range system), duck (intensive system), quail (broiler type),
- turkey (free range system) and cockerel (all in all out system).
The project cost may vary depending on the prices prevailing in different Localities, but the method for preparation of project reports is same and the following project reports may be taken as guide.
PROJECT REPORT FOR A BROILER FARM
The broiler is the fastest growing industry in the world among the other poultry. Now, we are starting to explain, how to prepare a PROJECT REPORT FOR A BROILER FARM
Technical details and assumptions
1. House: Open sided, tile roofed, deep litter house.
2. Floor space: Half square feet per bird up to 25 days of age and one square
feet per bird there after.
3. Cost of poultry house: Rs. 50/- sq. ft.
4. Other building cost: Rs. lOO/-sq. ft.
5. Equipment cost: Rs. 10/- bird.
6. Cost of Medicine, Vaccine, Insurance
Labour, Electricity, Fuel, etc.: Rs. 4/ – bird.
7. Total number of birds in the farm: 7000
8. Total number of birds per batch
(including extra 5%) : 1050
9. Batch interval: 1 week
10. Down time: 1 week
11. Saleable broilers per batch per week: 980
12. Growing period: 45 to 50 days
13. Feed efficiency: 2.22 (average body weight = 1.80 kg)
It is the investment of the permanent in the poultry business for several years. the structure and construction are more important for a poultry farm building. Some points should be ignored which is mark out below-
(i) Orientation of poultry house
Houses are built east-west with long axis facing north and south, and short axis on east and west.
TO KNOW MORE – ESSENTIAL TYPES OF POULTRY HOUSE
(ii) Construction details
Houses are constructed with concrete pillars with brick and cement walls, and floor plastered with cement, elevated one foot above the ground level. The inside height at eves will be about 7/; while at ridge height will be around 121.
The two long sides are provided a one-foot high wall with a 60° inside slope at the top. The partition wall specification is like that of sidewalls. The remaining 51 height is covered with 111 G.1. 12 gauge chain link mesh throughout except at the doors. There will be 31 overhangs of roofs at eves. The doors are made up of an M. S. angle frame and 111 X 31 I mesh of 10
gauge thickness, with provision to lock from both sides. The two sides are made up of solid brick wall. Roof structure is built by seasoned wood and tiles. The house is provided with 3 phase power supply.
(iii) Other buildings
The feed room, store and workers, quarters will have brick side walls to the full height.
ALSO READ- POULTRY HOUSE DESIGNS
(iv) Specification of farm buildings for the project
(A) One shed will be 30 1 x 120 1 size outer to outer with 4 pens each of 500
sq. ft. area to accommodate 4 batches x 1000 birds from 0 to 25 days of
age with 1/2 sq. ft. /bird.
(B) (i) One 400 sq. ft. owner/supervision quarters
(ii) 200 x2 = 400 sq. ft. for two workers quarters
(iii) 600 sq. ft. feed room
(iv) 200 sq. ft. office-cum-store room.
(C) Another shed with 301 x 133.31 outer size, partitioned into 4xl000 sq. ft.
rooms to rear 4 batches of broilers from 26th day onwards = 4000 sq. ft.
Total area required for birds = 2000+4000 = 6000 sq. ft.
Total area required for other purposes = 400+400+600+200 sq. ft.=1600 sq. ft.
STATEMENT – III
Total capital investment, the share of the promoter (margin money), bank finance needed (amount in lakhs of Rs.)
STATEMENT – IV
STATEMENT – V
LESS: Annual expenditure (statement IV) : 23.92
NET RETURNS (before repayment of Bank loan) -32.48-23.92) : 8.56
STATEMENT – VI
- The annual gross returns during the first year will be Rs. 28.36 lakhs as there will be no sales during the first 7 weeks period; only 45 batches will be sold instead of 52 batches. Therefore, the net surplus before repayment will be Rs. 4.44 Lakhs.
Certified that this project is prepared by me taking into account the prevailing prices of various farm inputs and outputs and the latest technical and production standards. It appears that this project will be technically feasible and financially viable.
Enclosures: 1. Land ownership document.
2. Farm site map.
3. Blue print and estimates of farm buildings.
DIOWNLOAD THE PDF FILE ABOUT BROILER, LAYER AND DUCK PROJECT PROPOSAL IN THUS LINK
- Recent Posts
- ESSENTIAL POULTRY FEED INGREDIENTS AND THEIRCOMPOSITION - December 29, 2022
- Steps for Drinking Water Vaccination In Poultry - August 2, 2021
- Fowl Pox in Broiler And Layer - July 8, 2021
5 thoughts on “commercial poultry farm project proposal pdf”.
Dear sir/ madam, I need the proposal for the funding from my government. I would thank you for your great assistance and hope to see prompt response. Cheers Patrick Mongoma
Am so grateful with the information given to me which will help me to find funds from our government.
How I can start this work in Ethiopia?
Dear Sir/Madam I need this proposal for the funding from my governmen. I would like to thank you for your great assistant and like to get a promoted response.
Leave a Comment Cancel Reply
Your email address will not be published.
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Home » Business ideas » Agriculture Industry » Livestock Farming » Poultry Farming
How to Write a Poultry Farming Business Plan [Sample Template]
Are you about starting a poultry farm ? If YES, here’s a complete sample poultry farming business plan template & feasibility report you can use for FREE to raise money . There are quite a great number of things that are highly needed by man as a nutritious source of food that is gotten from the poultry. Chief amongst them is them the egg. Poultry farms all over the world has egg as one of its primary produce and that is why people will continue to look to poultry farms to churn this out.
To start a poultry related business, you will first need to learn the ropes. Undertaking a thorough and exhaustive research is also one of the tasks that you will be saddled with. Thereafter you might be required to do some apprenticeship so as to have firsthand experience on how to run a poultry farm.
A Sample Poultry Farming Business Plan Template
1. industry overview.
The agricultural industry of which poultry farming and egg production is a subset of is no doubt among the leading industry in most countries of the world; it is the industry that produces chicken and eggs for the populace.
Because of the significant role the agriculture sector plays, the government of most countries ensures that they go all the way to subsidize seedlings, fertilizers, and farming implements and machinery for farmers and also encourage entrepreneurs to go into commercial farming (poultry farming inclusive).
Hens, various birds, quails, guinea fowls, ducks et al are all birds that can be comfortably reared in a poultry farm. Chicken and birds are widely consumed in all parts of the world hence there is a large market for poultry farmers. If you are looking towards starting a livestock breeding business, then one of your options is to settle for poultry farming.
Poultry farming is a highly thriving and profitable business venture. Aside from the fact that people consume birds and chickens et al, supply of eggs is also a major source of revenue generation for poultry farmer. Players in the poultry farming and egg production industry basically raise chickens for meat, and egg production. The eggs produced may be sold for use as table eggs or hatching eggs.
The Poultry Farm and Egg Production Company Industry is indeed a very large industry and pretty much thriving in all parts of the world especially in developed countries such as United States of America, Canada, United Kingdom, Germany, Australia and Italy et al.
Statistics has it that in the united states of America alone, there are about 30,000 licensed and registered poultry farm and egg production company directly responsible for employing about 280,800 employees and indirectly responsible for employing roughly 1,339,900.
The industry rakes in a whooping sum of $10 billion annually with an annual growth rate projected at 6.1 percent. It is important to state that the establishments with a lion share of the available market in this industry are Cal – Maine, Land O’Lake, Inc., Michael Foods and Rose Acres Farms.
Statistics also has it that an estimate of about 35 companies are involved in the business of raising, processing and marketing chickens on a commercial level; they export chickens, processed chickens and eggs to other countries of the world.
It is on record that Americans consume more chicken than anyone else in the world – more than 90 pounds per capita in 2015 – the number one protein consumed in the United States. So also, in 2015, almost 9 billion broiler chickens, weighing 53 billion pounds, live – weight, were produced. More than 40 billion pounds of chicken product was marketed, measured on a ready-to-cook basis.
The United States has the largest broiler chicken industry in the world, and about 19 percent of egg and chicken production was exported to other countries in 2015.Research conducted shows that the top 5 broiler producing states in the US are Georgia, Arkansas, Alabama, North Carolina and Mississippi.
If you are looking towards leveraging on the agriculture industry to generate huge income, then one of your best bet is to start a poultry farm and egg production business.
One thing is certain about starting poultry farming and egg production business, if you are able to conduct your market research and feasibility studies , you are more likely not going to struggle to sell your eggs and chickens because there are always food processing companies and consumers out there who are ready to buy from you.
2. Executive Summary
Noble Ernest Poultry Farms, LLC is a world – class and licensed poultry farm and egg Production Company that will be based in the outskirt of Santa Fe, New Mexico – United States. We have done our detailed market research and feasibility studies and we were able to secure a hundred hectares of land to start our poultry farm and egg production business.
Our poultry farm is going to be standard commercial poultry farm hence will be involved in raising, processing and marketing chickens and eggs ( Table eggs produced by battery chickens (white ), Table eggs produced by battery chickens (brown), Hatching eggs, Specialty eggs, and Table eggs produced by free-range chickens ) on a commercial level; we export chickens, processed chickens and eggs to other countries of the world.
We are in the commercial poultry farm and egg production line of business because we want to leverage on the vast opportunities available in the agriculture industry, to contribute our quota in growing the U.S. economy, in national food production, and also to export chicken and eggs from the United States to other countries and over and above to make profit.
Noble Ernest Poultry Farms, LLC is well positioned to become one of the leading commercial poultry farms and egg production business in the United States of America, which is why we have been able to source for the best hands and machines to run the company with.
We have put process and strategies in place that will help us employ best practices when it comes to commercial poultry farms and egg production processes as required by the regulating bodies in the United States of America. At Noble Ernest Poultry Farms, LLC, our customer’s best interest will always come first, and everything we do will be guided by our values and professional ethics.
We will ensure that we hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards by meeting our client’s needs precisely and completely. We will cultivate a working environment that provides a human, sustainable approach to earning a living, and living in our world, for our partners, employees and for our clients.
Noble Ernest Poultry Farms, LLC is a private registered commercial poultry farm and egg production company that is owned by Mr. Noble Ernest and his immediate family members. The poultry farm will be fully and single handedly financed by the owner – Mr. Noble Ernest and his immediate family members at least for a period of time.
Before starting Noble Ernest Poultry Farms, LLC, and Mr. Noble Ernest was the Head of a renowned Agriculture Research Institute in The U.S. he worked in the industry for well over 10 years before resigning to start his own commercial poultry farm and egg production business. He is of course well experienced and highly qualified to run this type of business.
3. Our Products and Services
Noble Ernest Poultry Farms, LLC is a standard commercial poultry farms and egg production company that is committed to raising chickens and producing eggs for both the United States’ market and the global market. We are in the commercial poultry farms and production line of business to make profits and we are going to do all we can to achieve our business goals, aim and objectives.
These are the areas we will concentrate on in our commercial poultry farms. If need arises we will definitely add more poultry produce to our list;
- Raising, processing and marketing chickens on a commercial level; we export chickens, processed chickens and eggs to other countries of the world.
- Table eggs produced by battery chickens (white)
- Table eggs produced by battery chickens (brown)
- Hatching eggs
- Specialty eggs
- Table eggs produced by free-range chickens
4. Our Mission and Vision Statement
- Our Vision is to become one of the leading commercial poultry farm and egg production brands not just in the United States of America but also on the global stage.
- Noble Ernest Poultry Farms, LLC is a world class and registered commercial poultry farms and egg production company that is committed to raising chickens and producing eggs for both the United States’ market and the global market.
- We want our chickens and eggs to flood the nooks and crannies of the United States and other countries of the world.
Our Business Structure
Noble Ernest Poultry Farms, LLC is a privately owned and managed commercial poultry farms and egg production business that intend starting small in Santa Fe – New Mexico, but hope to grow big in order to compete favorably with leading commercial poultry farms and egg production companies in the industry both in the United States and on a global stage.
We are aware of the importance of building a solid business structure that can support the picture of the kind of world class business we want to own. This is why we are committed to only hire the best hands within our area of operations.
At Noble Ernest Poultry Farms, LLC, we will ensure that we hire people that are qualified, hardworking, and creative, result driven, customer centric and are ready to work to help us build a prosperous business that will benefit all the stake holders (the owners, workforce, and customers).
As a matter of fact, profit-sharing arrangement will be made available to all our senior management staff and it will be based on their performance for a period of five years or more as agreed by the board of trustees of the company. In view of the above, we have decided to hire qualified and competent hands to occupy the following positions;
- Chief Operating Officer
General Farm Manager
Human Resources and Admin Manager
- Accountant / Cashier
- Sales and Marketing Executive
- Field Employees
- Front Desk Officer
5. Job Roles and Responsibilities
Chief Executive Officer – CEO:
- Increases management’s effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining managers; communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; developing incentives; developing a climate for offering information and opinions; providing educational opportunities.
- Responsible for providing direction for the business
- Creates, communicates, and implements the organization’s vision, mission, and overall direction – i.e. leading the development and implementation of the overall organization’s strategy.
- Responsible for signing checks and documents on behalf of the company
- Evaluates the success of the organization
- Responsible for the planning, management and coordinating all farm activities across the various sections on behalf of the organization
- Supervises other section manager
- Ensures compliance during project executions
- Provides advice on the management of farming activities across all section
- Responsible for carrying out risk assessment
- Uses IT systems and software to keep track of people and progress of the growth of chickens and other birds
- Responsible for overseeing the accounting, costing and sale of poultry farm produce
- Represent the organization’s interest at various stakeholders meetings
- Ensures that farming goals desired result are achieved, the most efficient resources (manpower, equipment, tools and chemicals et al) are utilized and different interests involved are satisfied. Responsible for preparing financial reports, budgets, and financial statements for the organization
- Responsible for overseeing the smooth running of HR and administrative tasks for the organization
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Defines job positions for recruitment and managing interviewing process
- Carries out staff induction for new team members
- Responsible for training, evaluation and assessment of employees
- Oversees the smooth running of the daily office.
Accountant / Cashier:
- Responsible for preparing financial reports, budgets, and financial statements for the organization
- Provides managements with financial analyses, development budgets, and accounting reports; analyzes financial feasibility for the most complex proposed projects; conducts market research to forecast trends and business conditions.
- Responsible for financial forecasting and risks analysis.
- Performs cash management, general ledger accounting, and financial reporting for one or more properties.
- Responsible for developing and managing financial systems and policies
- Responsible for administering payrolls
- Ensures compliance with taxation legislation
- Handles all financial transactions for Noble Ernest Poultry Farms, LLC
- Serves as internal auditor for Noble Ernest Poultry Farms, LLC.
Sales and Marketing Manager
- Manages external research and coordinate all the internal sources of information to retain the organizations’ best customers and attract new ones
- Models demographic information and analyze the volumes of transactional data generated by customer
- Identifies development opportunities; follows up on development leads and contacts; participates in the structuring and financing of projects; assures the completion of development projects.
- Writes winning proposal documents, negotiate fees and rates in line with organizations’ policy
- Responsible for handling business research, market surveys and feasibility studies for clients
- Responsible for supervising implementation, advocate for the customer’s needs, and communicate with clients
- Develops, executes and evaluates new plans for expanding increase sales
- Creates new markets cum businesses for the organization
- Empowers and motivates the sales team to meet and surpass agreed targets
Field Workers / Contract Staff
- Responsible for daily collection of eggs
- Responsible for feeding chickens and other birds as instructed by the supervisor
- Responsible for cleaning poultry and the entire environment
- Changes the water for the birds as instructed by the supervisor on a regular basis
- Handles poultry farm implements and machines (hatchery) as instructed by the section manager / supervisor
- Assists in handling the chicken and other birds et al
- Carries out task in line with the stated job description
- Assists in transport working tools and equipment from the poultry farm and back to the designated store room
- Handles any other duties as assigned my the line manager
Front Desk / Customer’s Service Officer
- Welcomes clients and potential clients by greeting them in person, online or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Ensures that all contacts with clients (e-mail, walk-In center, SMS or phone) provides the client with a personalized customer service experience of the highest level
- Through interaction with clients on the phone, uses every opportunity to build client’s interest in the company’s products and services
- Manages administrative duties assigned by the creative director in an effective and timely manner
- Consistently stays abreast of any new information on the organizations’ products, promotional campaigns etc. to ensure accurate and helpful information is supplied to clients when they make enquiries
6. SWOT Analysis
Noble Ernest Poultry Farms, LLC do not intend to launch out with trial and error hence the need to conduct a proper SWOT analysis.
We know that if we get it right from the onset, we would have succeeded in creating the foundation that will help us build a standard commercial poultry farm and egg production company that will favorably compete with leading commercial poultry farms and egg production companies like Cal – Maine, Land O’Lake, Inc., Michael Foods and Rose Acres Farms in the United States of America and in the rest part of the world.
We engaged the services of a core professional in the area of business consulting and structuring to assist our organization in building a well – structured commercial poultry farm and egg Production Company that can favorably compete in the highly competitive commercial poultry farms and egg production industry in the United States and the world at large.
Part of what the team of business consultant did was to work with the management of our organization in conducting a SWOT analysis for Noble Ernest Poultry Farms, LLC. Here is a summary from the result of the SWOT analysis that was conducted on behalf of Noble Ernest Poultry Farms, LLC;
Our strength as a commercial poultry farm and egg production company is the fact that we have healthy relationships with loads of major players ( agriculture merchants ) in the industry; both suppliers of poultry feeds and medications and buyers of chickens and eggs within and outside of the United States of America.
We have some of the latest commercial poultry farming hatchery, tools and equipment that will help us raise and produce eggs in commercial quantities with less stress. Aside from our relationship ( network ) and equipment, we can confidently boast that we have some the most experienced hands in Santa Fe – New Mexico in our payroll.
Our weakness could be that we are a new commercial poultry farms and egg production company in the United States, and perhaps it might take us sometime to attract big time customers in the industry. We are aware of this and from our projection will overcome this weakness with time and turn it to a major advantage for the business.
The opportunities that are available to us as a standard commercial poultry farm and egg Production Company cannot be quantified, we know that there are loads of households, and businesses such as hotels and fast food restaurants that can’t do without daily supply of chicken and eggs. We are well positioned to take advantage of this opportunity
Some of the threats and challenges that we are likely going to face when we start our own commercial poultry farm and egg production company are global economic downturn that can impact negatively on household spending, bad weather cum natural disasters (draughts, epidemics), unfavorable government policies and the arrival of a competitor ( a commercial farm that engage in the rearing of chickens and other birds ) within same location.
There is hardly anything you can do as regards this threats and challenges other than to be optimistic that things will continue to work for your good.
7. MARKET ANALYSIS
- Market Trends
The Poultry and Chicken Egg Production industry has greatly benefited from campaigns advertising the health benefits of chickens and eggs as a good source of protein. No doubt, the increased demand of chicken and eggs from households and food related businesses and of course the growing popularity of specialty and processed eggs have rapidly improved revenue growth for the industry.
In the face of this growth, profit margin has suffered from rising feed costs and also regulations regarding animal welfare. As a matter of fact, one of the new trends is that with the recent advancement in technology, poultry farmers can now comfortably predict and produce the quantities of chickens / birds and eggs per time.
8. Our Target Market
Naturally, the target market of those who are the end consumer of commercial poultry farm produce and also those who benefits from the business value chain of the poultry farming and egg production industry is all encompassing; it is far – reaching.
Every household consumes produce from commercial poultry farms be it chicken or egg. So also almost all hotels and fast restaurants sell chicken and eggs. In essence a commercial poultry farmer should be able to sell his or her chicken and eggs to as many people as possible.
In view of that, we have positioned our business to attract consumers of chickens and eggs not just in the United States of America alone but also other parts of the world. We have conducted our market research and survey and we will ensure that we meet and surpass the expectations we set for the business.
Below is a list of the people and business that we will market our chickens and eggs to;
- Fast food eateries
- Agriculture merchants
Our Competitive Advantage
It is easier to find entrepreneur flocking towards an industry that is known to generate consistent income which is why there are more commercial poultry farmers in the United States of America and of course in most parts of the world.
For example, Statistics has it that there are 2.2 million farms in the United States of America, covering an area of 922 million acres. These goes to show that there are appreciable numbers of farmers in the United States of America but that does not mean that there is stiffer competition in the industry.
As a matter of fact, entrepreneurs are encouraged by the government to embrace commercial farming cum poultry farming and egg production business. This is so because part of the success of any nation is her ability to cultivate her own food and also export foods to other nations of the world.
Noble Ernest Poultry Farms, LLC is fully aware that there are competitions when it comes to selling commercial farm produce all over the globe, which is why we decided to carry out thorough market research so as to know how to take advantage of the available market in the United States and in other parts of the world.
We have done our homework and we have been able to highlight some factors that will give us competitive advantage in the marketplace; some of the factors are effective and reliable poultry farming and egg production processes that can help us sell our produce at competitive prices, good network and excellent relationship management.
Another competitive advantage that we are bringing to the industry is the fact that we have healthy relationships with loads of major players (agriculture merchants) in the industry; both suppliers of poultry feeds and medications and buyers of chickens and eggs within and outside of the United States of America.
We have some of the latest commercial poultry farming hatchery, tools and equipment that will help us raise and produce eggs in commercial quantities with less stress. Aside from our relationship (network) and equipment, we can confidently boast that we have some the most experienced hands in Santa Fe – New Mexico in our payroll.
Lastly, all our employees will be well taken care of, and their welfare package will be among the best within our category (startups commercial poultry farms and egg production companies in the United States) in the industry. It will enable them to be more than willing to build the business with us and help deliver our set goals and achieve all our business aims and objectives.
9. SALES AND MARKETING STRATEGY
- Sources of Income
Noble Ernest Poultry Farms, LLC is in the poultry farms and egg production line of business for the purpose of maximizing profits hence we have decided to explore all the available opportunities within the industry to achieve our corporate goals and objectives.
Below are the sources we intend exploring to generate income for Noble Ernest Poultry Farms, LLC;
10. Sales Forecast
From the survey conducted, we were are able to discover that the sales generated by a commercial poultry farm and egg production business depends on the size of the poultry farm, the types of birds available in the poultry and of course the size of their marketing network.
- First Fiscal Year-: $250,000
- Second Fiscal Year-: $600,000
- Third Fiscal Year-: $ 900,000
N.B : This projection is done based on what is obtainable in the industry and with the assumption that there won’t be any major economic meltdown that can impact negatively on household spending, bad weather cum natural disasters (draughts, epidemics), and unfavorable government policies.
- Marketing Strategy and Sales Strategy
We are quite aware that the reason why some commercial poultry farms and egg production companies hardly make good profits is their inability to sell off their chickens and eggs as at when due.
Our sales and marketing team will be recruited based on their vast experience in the poultry farming and egg production industry and they will be trained on a regular basis so as to be well equipped to meet their targets and the overall business goal of Noble Ernest Poultry Farms, LLC.
Over and above, we have perfected our sale and marketing strategies first by networking with agriculture merchants and businesses that rely on daily supply of chicken and eggs from the poultry farms and egg production industry that are likely to become our customers.
In summary, Noble Ernest Poultry Farms, LLC will adopt the following strategies in marketing our commercial farm produce;
- Introduce our business by sending introductory letters alongside our brochure to stake holders in the agriculture industry, households, hotels and restaurants and agriculture produce merchants et al.
- Advertise our business in agriculture and food related magazines and websites
- List our commercial poultry farms and egg production business on yellow pages ads
- Attend related agriculture and food expos, seminars, and business fairs et al
- Leverage on the internet to promote our business
- Engage in direct marketing
- Encourage the use of Word of mouth marketing (referrals)
11. Publicity and Advertising Strategy
Any business that wants to grow beyond the corner of the street or the city they are operating from must be ready and willing to utilize every available means (both conventional and non – conventional means) to advertise and promote the business. We intend growing our business which is why we have perfected plans to build our brand via every available means.
We know that it is important to create strategies that will help us boost our brand awareness and to create a corporate identity for our commercial poultry farm and egg production business. Below are the platforms we will leverage on to boost our commercial poultry farm and production brand and to promote and advertise our business;
- Place adverts on community based newspapers, radio stations and TV stations.
- Encourage the use of word of mouth publicity from our loyal customers
- Leverage on the internet and social media platforms like; YouTube, Instagram, Facebook ,Twitter, LinkedIn, Snapchat, Badoo, Google+ and other platforms to promote our business.
- Ensure that our we position our banners and billboards in strategic positions all around Santa Fe – New Mexico
- Distribute our fliers and handbills in target areas in and around our neighborhood
- Contact corporate organizations, households, landlord associations and schools by calling them up and informing them of Noble Ernest Poultry Farms, LLC and the poultry produce we sell
- Advertise our business in our official website and employ strategies that will help us pull traffic to the site
- Brand all our official cars and trucks and ensure that all our staff members and management staff wears our branded shirt or cap at regular intervals.
12. Our Pricing Strategy
Some of the factors that will help you sell your farm produce at the right price that will guarantee that you make profits is dependent on your strategy while some of the factors are beyond your control. For example, if the climatic condition is unfavorable and if there is natural disaster in the location where you have your commercial poultry farm, then it will directly affect the prices of your chicken and eggs.
Over and above, if you want to get the right pricing for your chicken and eggs, then you should ensure that you choose a good location for commercial poultry farm, choose a good breed that will guarantee bountiful harvest, cut the cost of running your poultry farm to the barest minimum and of course try as much as possible to attract buyers to your poultry farm as against taking your eggs and chickens to the market to source for buyers; with this, you would have successfully eliminate the cost of transporting the goods to the market and other logistics.
We are quite aware that one of the easiest means of penetrating the market and acquiring loads of customers for all our eggs and chickens is to sell them at competitive prices hence we will do all we can to ensure that the prices of our poultry farm produces are going to be what other commercial poultry farmers would look towards beating.
One thing is certain; the nature of commercial poultry farming makes it possible for poultry farmers to place prices for their eggs and chicken based on their discretion without following the benchmark in the industry. The truth is that it is one of the means of avoiding running into loss.
- Payment Options
The payment policy adopted by Noble Ernest Poultry Farms, LLC is all inclusive because we are quite aware that different customers prefer different payment options as it suits them but at the same time, we will ensure that we abide by the financial rules and regulation of the United States of America.
Here are the payment options that Noble Ernest Poultry Farms, LLC will make available to her clients;
- Payment via bank transfer
- Payment with cash
- Payment via online bank transfer
- Payment via check
- Payment via bank draft
In view of the above, we have chosen banking platforms that will enable our client make payment for farm produces purchase without any stress on their part. Our bank account numbers will be made available on our website and promotional materials to clients who may want to deposit cash or make online transfer for chickens and eggs.
13. Startup Expenditure (Budget)
When it comes to calculating the cost of starting a commercial poultry farm, there are some key factors that should serve as a guide. The different type of birds to be raised in a commercial poultry farm determines the total cost of setting up the business.
Besides, in setting up any business, the amount or cost will depend on the approach and scale you want to undertake. If you intend to go big by renting / leasing a big facility, then you would need a good amount of capital as you would need to ensure that your employees are well taken care of, and that your facility is conducive enough for workers to be creative and productive.
This means that the start-up can either be low or high depending on your goals, vision and aspirations for your business. The tools and equipment that will be used are nearly the same cost everywhere, and any difference in prices would be minimal and can be overlooked.
As for the detailed cost analysis for starting a commercial poultry farm and egg production business; it might differ in other countries due to the value of their money. Below are some of the basic areas we will spend our start – up capital in setting up our commercial poultry farm;
- The Total Fee for incorporating the Business (commercial farm) in United States of America – $750.
- The amount needed to acquire / lease a farm land – $50,000
- The amount required for preparing the farm land (poultry fencing et al) – $30,000
- Legal expenses for obtaining licenses and permits as well as the accounting services (software, P.O.S machines and other software) – $3,300.
- Marketing promotion expenses for the grand opening of Bill The Carpenter™ Furniture, Inc. in the amount of $3,500 and as well as flyer printing (2,000 flyers at $0.04 per copy) for the total amount of $3,580.
- The total cost for hiring Business Consultant – $2,500.
- The total cost for payment of insurance policy covers (general liability, workers’ compensation and property casualty) coverage at a total premium – $9,400
- The amount required for the purchase of the first set of chickens – $10,000
- The cost for acquiring the required working tools and equipment / machines / hatchery et al– $50,000
- Operational cost for the first 3 months (salaries of employees, payments of bills et al) – $60,000
- The Cost of Launching an official Website – $600
- Additional Expenditure (Business cards, Signage, Adverts and Promotions et al) – $2,000
Going by the report from detailed research and feasibility studies conducted, we will need an average of $500,000 to start a standard commercial poultry farm and egg production business in the United States of America.
Generating Funding / Startup Capital for Noble Ernest Poultry Farms, LLC
No matter how fantastic your business idea might be, if you don’t have the required money to finance the business, the business might not become a reality. Finance is a very important factor when it comes to starting a business such as commercial poultry farming. No doubt raising start – up capital for a business might not come cheap, but it is a task that an entrepreneur must go through.
Noble Ernest Poultry Farms, LLC is a family business that is solely owned and financed by Noble Ernest and his immediate family members. We do not intend to welcome any external business partner, which is why he has decided to restrict the sourcing of the start – up capital to 3 major sources.
These are the areas we intend generating our start – up capital;
- Generate part of the start – up capital from personal savings
- Source for soft loans from family members and friends
- Apply for loan from my Bank
N.B: We have been able to generate about $150,000 (Personal savings $100,000 and soft loan from family members $50,000 ) and we are at the final stages of obtaining a loan facility of $350,000 from our bank. All the papers and document have been signed and submitted, the loan has been approved and any moment from now our account will be credited with the amount.
14. Sustainability and Expansion Strategy
The future of a business lies in the numbers of loyal customers that they have the capacity and competence of the employees, their investment strategy and the business structure. If all of these factors are missing from a business (company), then it won’t be too long before the business close shop.
One of our major goals of starting Noble Ernest Poultry Farms, LLC is to build a business that will survive off its own cash flow without the need for injecting finance from external sources once the business is officially running. We know that one of the ways of gaining approval and winning customers over is to retail our chickens and eggs a little bit cheaper than what is obtainable in the market and we are well prepared to survive on lower profit margin for a while.
Noble Ernest Poultry Farms, LLC will make sure that the right foundation, structures and processes are put in place to ensure that our staff welfare are well taken of. Our company’s corporate culture is designed to drive our business to greater heights and training and re – training of our workforce is at the top burner.
As a matter of fact, profit-sharing arrangement will be made available to all our management staff and it will be based on their performance for a period of six years or more. We know that if that is put in place, we will be able to successfully hire and retain the best hands we can get in the industry; they will be more committed to help us build the business of our dreams.
Check List / Milestone
- Business Name Availability Check : Completed
- Business Registration: Completed
- Opening of Corporate Bank Accounts: Completed
- Securing Point of Sales (POS) Machines: Completed
- Opening Mobile Money Accounts: Completed
- Opening Online Payment Platforms: Completed
- Application and Obtaining Tax Payer’s ID: In Progress
- Application for business license and permit: Completed
- Purchase of Insurance for the Business: Completed
- Leasing of farm land and building of standard poultry (cages): In Progress
- Conducting Feasibility Studies: Completed
- Generating capital from family members: Completed
- Applications for Loan from the bank: In Progress
- Writing of Business Plan: Completed
- Drafting of Employee’s Handbook: Completed
- Drafting of Contract Documents and other relevant Legal Documents: In Progress
- Design of The Company’s Logo: Completed
- Graphic Designs and Printing of Packaging Marketing / Promotional Materials: In Progress
- Recruitment of employees: In Progress
- Purchase of the Needed furniture, racks, shelves, computers, electronic appliances, office appliances and CCTV: In Progress
- Creating Official Website for the Company: In Progress
- Creating Awareness for the business both online and around the community: In Progress
- Health and Safety and Fire Safety Arrangement (License): Secured
- Opening party / launching party planning: In Progress
- Compilation of our list of products that will be available in our store: Completed
- Establishing business relationship with vendors – key players in the industry: In Progress
More on Livestock Farming
You are now being redirected to CONTEXT4BOOK.COM....
Free Poultry Farming Business Plan Doc | Poultry Farming Business Plan Excel
Get a Professional Poultry Farming Business Plan Template Plus 6 Valuable Free Bonuses - for Less Than the Cost of a Starbucks Coffee
- Starting a new business?
- Considering expanding your business and need a plan to raise capital from lenders or investors?
- Wouldn't you like an easy and proven way to develop a high quality business plan?
The Poultry Farming Business Plan Template will help you figure out if your new business idea could actually be turned into a viable business, it serves as a blueprint for your successful startup. A wise man once said: "If you're not sure where you are going, you're liable to end up someplace else". Here are the strategies and techniques that will help make sure you're on the right track.
Here's how this system will benefit you:
- Discover how to develop a business plan that will make bankers, prospective partners and investors line up at your door.
- It will help you predict problems before they happen and keep you from losing your shirt on a dog business idea.
- Insider secrets of attracting investors, how to best construct your proposal, common mistakes and traps to avoid.
- Insider secrets to getting your business loan approved.
- Free Poultry Farming Business Plan Doc.
- Detailed, simple-to-follow instructions to quickly and painlessly create your entire business plan.
- This template was successfully field tested with numerous entrepreneurs, banks and investors.
Whether you're just getting started or you're on your way to the top, this could be the single most important investment you make in your business! The Business Plan Template could pay for itself, many times over, the first time you use it... and it's sure to spare you lots of costly mistakes every step of the way.
Get These 6 Valuable Free Bonuses (a limited time offer)
Place your order by the end of this month and I will also include instant download instructions for the following free gifts:
1. A Word Doc Version of the Business Plan Template
You get a Doc version of the Business Plan Template so you can easily edit and modify it to meet your own specific needs (compatible with most word processors).
2. A Set of 23 Excel Spreadsheets and Tables (a $10 Value)
Use it to create the financial projections, graphs and tables required for a business plan. This includes: start-up expenses, market analysis, sales forecast, personnel plan, financial projections and more.
3. Business Feasibility Study System
A complete fill in the blanks Business Feasibility Study template system. Featuring crucial things you must consider before you start pouring in your hard earned money, proven to keep you from costly mistakes when starting or expanding a business.
4. Business Financial Planner (a $40 Value)
This is an easy to use Excel based software program. It is a multi featured financial management program that will help you do the following:
* Plan and analyze your start up expenses and sales
* Perform Break-Even Point analysis
* Poultry Farming Business Plan Excel
* Conduct 'what-if's analysis
* Perform financial ratios analysis
* Make a "go /no-go" decision
This is an extremely powerful financial analysis and planning tool, yet it is intuitive and easy to use. And It comes with a detailed manual allowing you to take full advantage of it even if you are a new business manager.
5. How to Improve Your Leadership and Management Skills (eBook)
This book features effective leadership and management techniques. You'll learn:
* How to lead and manage people; powerful tips and strategies to motivate and inspire your people to bring out the best in them. Be the boss people want to give 200 percent for.
* How to Make a Good First Impression - you only have one chance to make a great first Impression! Discover the top ten strategies proven to help you make the best first impression possible.
* How to motivate your employees in the workplace.
* How to Deal with Changes in The Market - the winds of change are building, reshaping business and personal lives. Some people dig in their heels and try to resist change. Others ride the winds of change and seize the amazing opportunities it brings. Discover ten habits to recognize and maximize the gifts of change.
* How to deal with difficult employees.
* Effective business negotiations techniques.
* How to Reach Your Goals Faster - Discover the tips and techniques that will make sure you're always on the right track.
* 27 Tips to Increase the Effectiveness of Your Delegation - tactics to squeeze more out of your day with foolproof delegation techniques.
* How to create a business environment that supports growth.
6. Essential Ingredients for Business Success (eBook)
Discover how to increase the profitability of your business - tried and tested business management boosting ideas to help you stay pointed toward profit. This book will reveal to you scores of business management tricks, secrets and shortcuts utilized by successful managers - proven to jump-start your business. You will be amazed at how simple these strategies and concepts are and how easy it will be for you to apply them to your own business or project.
Who Am I and Why I'm Qualified to Give You Business Advice
My name is Meir and I'm the creator of this business plan template toolkit. According to Dun & Bradstreet, 90% of all business failures analyzed can be traced to poor management.
This is backed up by my own experience. In my 31 years as a business coach and consultant to businesses, I've seen practically dozens of business owners fail and go under -- not because they weren't talented or smart enough -- but because they were trying to re-invent the wheel rather than rely on proven, tested methods that work. And that is where this template can help, it will teach you how to avoid the common traps and mistakes and do everything right the first time.
... And How Much Does All This Cost?
A comparable package featuring a business plan template, the bonus software and eBooks may cost you elsewhere from $60 to over $100. But here you only pay $4.99, yep, just about the price of Starbucks coffee.
Think about it, The price of this valuable toolkit is a painless drop in the bucket compared to the money you would lose without this know-how. Look at it this way... You really cannot afford not to invest in this system.
100% Unconditional Money-Back Guarantee
If you want to order, I insist you do so entirely at my risk. This package is offered through Amazon and carries amazon's standard 7 days money back guaranty. There is absolutely NO RISK on your part with this guarantee. What I mean is I want you to order without feeling you might "get taken." After all, I am a well-respected consultant and my reputation is on the line.
Therefore, I want you to order this material today... read it, use it... and if for any reason you aren't completely satisfied, you not only can cancel, you should, for an immediate refund of your purchase price. You simply can't lose.
And if you decide to cancel, the 6 bonuses are yours to keep, with our compliments, just for taking the time to respond to our offer.
Don't delay a moment longer. Place your order now!
Here's the Business Plan Template's Table of Contents :
1.0 Executive Summary 1.1 Objectives 1.2 Mission 1.3 Keys to Success 2.0 Company Summary 2.1 Company Ownership 2.2 Start-up Summary Table: Start-up 3.0 Products and Services 4.0 Market Analysis Summary 4.1 Market Segmentation Table: Market Analysis 4.2 Target Market Segment Strategy 4.3 Service Business Analysis 4.3.1 Competition and Buying Patterns 5.0 Strategy and Implementation Summary 5.1 Competitive Edge 5.2 Marketing Strategy 5.3 Sales Strategy 5.3.1 Sales Forecast Table: Sales Forecast 5.4 Milestones Table: Milestones 6.0 Management Summary 6.1 Personnel Plan Table: Personnel 7.0 Financial Plan 7.0 Financial Plan 7.1 Start-up Funding Table: Start-up Funding 7.2 Important Assumptions 7.3 Break-even Analysis Table: Break-even Analysis 7.4 Projected Profit and Loss Table: Profit and Loss 7.5 Projected Cash Flow Table: Cash Flow 7.6 Projected Balance Sheet Table: Balance Sheet 7.7 Business Ratios 7.7 Business Ratios Table: Ratios
Other Business Plan Outlines and samples that may interest you:
Poultry Farming Business Plan Market Analysis Summary Sample
Tennessee’s beef cattle industry is an important part of the state's economy. It is even more important to the Tennessee’s beef agricultural economy. There are cattle produced in every county in Tennessee. The beef industry in the state is primarily made up of locally owned family farmers. According to the National Cattlemen's Beef Association, 97 percent of the nation's cattle farms are family owned, and 42 percent have been in the same family for more than 50 years. The cattle industry converts locally produced resources, forages, into dollars that are “spent at home” and supports the growth of local economies and jobs. Cattle also contribute to the aesthetic environment of the state in that they help to maintain the "green space" that makes Tennessee attractive to both residents and tourists.
Following are some facts about the Tennessee beef industry that will illustrate its importance to Tennessee and why it has grown to its current level:
- More Tennessean's are involved in beef production than any other agricultural enterprise. There are 79,000 farms in Tennessee and beef cattle are found on 42,000 (53.0 percent) of these.
- Tennessee is one of the top beef-producing states in the nation. Tennessee ranks 9th in the nation in beef cow numbers and 15th in total cattle. Tennessee exceeds all states east of the Mississippi, except Kentucky, in numbers of cattle. Only Texas, Missouri and Oklahoma have more cow-calf operations than Tennessee. More than 2.13 million cattle in Tennessee are valued at slightly more than $1.62 billion. Fifty-one percent of these cattle, or 1.2 million, are beef cows.
- Tennessee's beef cow numbers have increased 360 percent since 1955. This increase can be attributed to several factors: the decline in dairy production; reduction in acres devoted to row crop production; increase in pasture acreage; growth of local manufacturing, resulting in off-farm employment opportunities; age of the operator or farm owner; and the number of farms that have been passed on to the succeeding generation. A large number of the state's cattle producers now reside on this acreage and have employment off the farm.
- Sale of cattle and calves is the number one source of agricultural income in Tennessee. The cattle industry has held this position for a number of years. The cash receipts from the sale of cattle and calves during 2009 totaled $582 million which was 22.5 percent of the state's total agricultural income and 1.2 times greater than the number 2 Agricultural sales. These monies stay in the state's and local economics. National Cattlemen's Beef Association economists report that every dollar made in cattle sales is multiplied or turned four times. This means that the state's cattle industry generates an additional $2.6 billion of business activity for the state's economy. This activity also contributes to the sales tax revenue (free poultry farming business plan doc; poultry farming business plan excel).
- Beef production in Tennessee is based on producing and marketing feeder cattle. Feeder cattle production starts with cow-calf operations which make up 88 percent of the state's beef operations. The remaining 10 percent are backgrounding or stockering operations. Tennessee annually markets more than 750,000 feeder calves to backgrounding operations and feedlots, primarily in the Midwest and High Plains areas of the country.
- Beef production provides an opportunity for Tennessee agriculture to secure monetary returns from several thousand acres of land not suitable for intensive agricultural production. Beef cattle are ruminants. They have the ability to consume materials such as grass and hay and convert them into a much more valuable, easier-to-market product. Approximately 85 percent of the total feed used in the production of a slaughter beef animal comes from forage, roughages and other by-products that are not edible by humans or other simple-stomached livestock. About five million acres, or 40 percent, of the state's agricultural land is in forage production. Pasture is grown on areas that would otherwise provide little opportunity for agricultural revenue.
- Beef cattle farms contribute to the state's natural beauty. The pasture that cattle graze results in a great deal of "green space" for both tourists and residents to enjoy. The pastures also aid in reducing soil erosion and benefit and encourage development of wildlife.
- Beef cattle fit well with, and complement other agricultural enterprises. As a result, the sale of cattle is not the major source of income for a large percentage of Tennessee farms. A recent survey revealed that tobacco, row crops, other livestock enterprises and miscellaneous agricultural enterprises were also sources of financial support for approximately 60 percent of Tennessee cattle producers.
- A large percentage of beef cattle are owned by producers with off-farm employment. Data collected in the 1996 beef survey indicated that 48.7 percent of beef producers are employed off the farm. Beef cattle production requires less labor and smaller investments in equipment and facilities than do other agricultural enterprises. This makes it attractive to land owners who have off-farm employment. Tennessee's average farm size, 144 acres and the 29.3-cow average size herd also facilitate off-farm employment.
- Fifteen purebred cattle breed associations are leaders in breeding and marketing seed stock. These purebred breeders annually provide the Tennessee beef industry more than 14,000 bulls which annually provide half the genetic makeup of the state's calf crop.
- Thirty-eight weekly livestock auction markets allow producers the opportunity to market cattle year-round. In addition, several local feeder cattle marketing associations and marketing alliances carry out in-barn cooperative feeder calf sales, tele-auctions, video and board sales. Cattle grading and marketing assistance are provided by the Tennessee Department of Agriculture.
- The beef industry is well served and represented by the Tennessee Cattlemen's Association, Tennessee Beef Cattle Improvement Association, Tennessee Beef Industry Council and the Tennessee Farm Bureau Federation. Feed, health products, equipment, veterinary services and production inputs are accessible in all areas of the state. The Tennessee Department of Agriculture aids in marketing, health, and regulatory programs. Educational and research support are provided by the University of Tennessee Extension, UT AgResearch and College of Veterinary Medicine of the University of Tennessee.
- Beef cattle fits well with the life style. People enjoy working with beef cattle and it fits well with the rural life style people are seeking.
- The beef industry is the most important agricultural enterprise in the state. More people are involved than in any other agricultural enterprise and it is the greatest source of agricultural income. The Tennessee beef industry will continue to grow. Beef cow numbers will remain at 1.0 to 1.2 million and the backgrounding of feeder calves is expected to increase. The greatest opportunity for increased income to Tennessee agriculture is in beef production. Because of its climate, topography and other changes in agriculture, Tennessee will continue to produce acreage of pasture and forage, contributing to beef cattle continuing as the agricultural enterprise of choice.
4.1 Market Segmentation
The cattle market is a commodities based market. Prices are determined on market demand basis. According to the United States Department of Agriculture Economic Research Service, the retail equivalent value of U.S. beef industry as remained between $70-75 throughout the last five years and beef production has reduced slightly to just over 26 billion pounds annually (2009). The cattle market constantly fluctuates, but is and will continue to be a staple commodity with steady demand. Large cattle farms face the most uncertainties, due to the effect price drops and increase in feeding costs have on their return that is based on a low margin/ high demand basis.
Table: Market Analysis
4.2 Target Market Segment Strategy
COMPANY NAME will focus on selling beef calves from the farm and hay production. These are optimal revenue producing streams for the farm and will utilize the family's operating resources. The farm will maximize the use of running the farming operation on land that will be purchased by the far to minimize operating costs and create an asset for the farm. The INSERT NAME come from a family in the cattle business and will only be expanding the volume previous performed by the family. Additionally the farm will have their son, INSERT NAME involved on full-time basis cutting and baling hay, which will be the farms secondary revenue source.
4.3 Industry Analysis
Beef cattle production in Tennessee is based on inventory of beef cows. Tennessee is one of the top producing states in the nation. Tennessee ranks ninth in beef cow numbers and is one of the top four states in cow-calf operations. Of the states of the Mississippi River, only Kentucky has more cattle. Beef cattle are produced on 51% of the farms in Tennessee. Of 42,000 plus beef cattle farms most are small operations: 37,000 farms have 1-49 beef cows, 4100 have 50-99, 1375 have 100-500 and 25 have more than 500 beef cows.
4.3.1 Competition and Buying Patterns
COMPANY NAME sells beef calves and hay of high quality to various buyers. In the last few years no one predicted the severity of the market correction and certainly no one predicted all of the ramifications across world economies and markets. US consumers do not have as much disposable income to spend on beef steaks. Consumers saw their 401K plans lose 40% of its value and many saw the value of their homes decrease. Some suddenly found themselves in the unemployment lines. Many were forced to cut back on their purchases. This reduced the demand for beef. More uncertainty in markets tended to lower prices. Retailers were and continue be unsure of what consumers will buy, and so they tend to reduce their purchases from wholesalers. Processors do not want to be stuck with large inventories that they might not be able to sell, so they tend to cut back on large purchases of commodities. This uncertainty in the marketing channel furthers reduces demand for most commodities.
Copyright © by Bizmove Free Business Guides. All rights reserved.
Poultry Farm Business Plan Template
Written by Dave Lavinsky
Poultry Farm Business Plan
Over the past 20+ years, we have helped over 1,000 entrepreneurs and business owners create business plans to start and grow their poultry farms. On this page, we will first give you some background information with regards to the importance of business planning. We will then go through a poultry farm business plan template step-by-step so you can create your plan today.
Download our Ultimate Business Plan Template here >
What Is a Business Plan?
A business plan provides a snapshot of your poultry farm as it stands today, and lays out your growth plan for the next five years. It explains your business goals and your strategy for reaching them. It also includes market research to support your plans.
Why You Need a Business Plan
If you’re looking to start a poultry farm, or grow your existing poultry farm, you need a business plan. A business plan will help you raise funding, if needed, and plan out the growth of your poultry farm in order to improve your chances of success. Your poultry farming business plan is a living document that should be updated annually as your company grows and changes.
Sources of Funding for Poultry Farms
With regards to funding, the main sources of funding for a poultry farm are personal savings, credit cards, USDA Farm Service Agency (FSA) loans, bank loans, and angel investors. With regards to bank loans, banks will want to review your business plan and gain confidence that you will be able to repay your loan and interest. To acquire this confidence, the loan officer will not only want to confirm that your financials are reasonable, but they will also want to see a professional plan. Such a plan will give them the confidence that you can successfully and professionally operate a business. Personal savings and USDA FSA loans are the most common funding paths for poultry farm.
Finish Your Business Plan Today!
How to write a business plan for a chicken farm.
If you want to start a poultry farm or expand your current one, you need a business plan. We detail each section of a traditional business plan for a poultry farming business.
Your executive summary provides an introduction to your business plan, but it is normally the last section you write because it provides a summary of each key section of your plan.
The goal of your Executive Summary is to quickly engage the reader. Explain to them the type of poultry farm you are operating and its status. For example, are you a startup, do you have a poultry farm business that you would like to grow, or are you operating poultry farm businesses in multiple locations?
Next, provide an overview of each of the subsequent sections of your plan. For example, give a brief overview of the poultry farm industry. Discuss the type of poultry farm you are operating. Detail your direct competitors. Give an overview of your target customers. Provide a snapshot of your marketing plan. Identify the key members of your team. And offer an overview of your financial plan.
In your company analysis, you will detail the type of poultry farm you are operating.
For example, you might operate one of the following types of poultry farms:
- Breeder Farms : this type of poultry farm produces hatching eggs for delivery to the hatchery. After the 21 day incubation period, the hatchery then delivers the baby chicks to the broiler houses.
- Broiler Farms: this type of farm produces a 2.5 lb. to 8 lb. bird in 4 to 8 weeks which is processed for various types of retail sale to consumers, grocery stores or fast food chains as whole birds, cut-up breast, wings, thigh, drumsticks, deboned breast meat, or further processed pieces.
- Pullet Farms: this type of poultry farm produces pullets and roosters to be delivered to a breeder hen house at 20-22 weeks old when they are sexually mature to breed and lay eggs.
In addition to explaining the type of poultry farming business you will operate, the Company Analysis section of your business plan needs to provide background on the business.
Include answers to question such as:
- When and why did you start the business?
- What milestones have you achieved to date? Milestones could include the number of chickens and/or turkeys produced, number of production contracts, etc.
- Your legal structure. Are you incorporated as an S-Corp? An LLC? A sole proprietorship? Explain your legal structure here.
In your industry analysis, you need to provide an overview of the poultry farm industry.
While this may seem unnecessary, it serves multiple purposes.
First, researching the poultry farm industry educates you. It helps you understand the market in which you are operating.
Secondly, market research can improve your strategy, particularly if your research identifies market trends.
The third reason for market research is to prove to readers that you are an expert in your industry. By conducting the research and presenting it in your plan, you achieve just that.
The following questions should be answered in the industry analysis section of your poultry farming business plan:
- How big is the poultry farm industry (in dollars)?
- Is the market declining or increasing?
- Who are the key competitors in the market?
- Who are the key suppliers in the market?
- What trends are affecting the industry?
- What is the industry’s growth forecast over the next 5 – 10 years?
- What is the relevant market size? That is, how big is the potential market for your poultry farm business? You can extrapolate such a figure by assessing the size of the market in the entire country and then applying that figure to your target market.
The customer analysis section of your poultry farming business plan must detail the customers you serve and/or expect to serve.
The following are examples of customer segments: processors, grocery stores, and restaurants.
As you can imagine, the customer segment(s) you choose will have a great impact on the type of poultry farm business you operate. Clearly, processors would respond to different marketing promotions than restaurants, for example.
Try to break out your target customers in terms of their demographic and psychographic profiles. With regards to demographics, include a discussion of the ages, genders, locations and income levels of the customers you seek to serve. Because most poultry farm businesses primarily serve customers living in their same region, such demographic information is easy to find on government websites.
Psychographic profiles explain the wants and needs of your target customers. The more you can understand and define these needs, the better you will do in attracting and retaining your customers.
Finish Your Poultry Farm Business Plan in 1 Day!
Don’t you wish there was a faster, easier way to finish your business plan?
With Growthink’s Ultimate Business Plan Template you can finish your plan in just 8 hours or less!
Your competitive analysis should identify the indirect and direct competitors your business faces and then focus on the latter.
Direct competitors are other poultry farm businesses.
Indirect competitors are other options that customers have to purchase from that aren’t direct competitors. This includes producers of other meat such as beef, pork, or fish, as well as producers of meat alternatives. You need to mention such competition as well.
With regards to direct competition, you want to describe the other poultry farms with which you compete. Most likely, your direct competitors will be poultry farms located very close to your location.
For each such competitor, provide an overview of their businesses and document their strengths and weaknesses. Unless you once worked at your competitors’ businesses, it will be impossible to know everything about them. But you should be able to find out key things about them such as:
- What types of customers do they serve?
- What kinds of poultry do they produce (breeders, broilers, pullets)?
- What is their pricing (premium, low, etc.)?
- What are they good at?
- What are their weaknesses?
With regards to the last two questions, think about your answers from the customers’ perspective. And don’t be afraid to ask your competitors’ customers what they like most and least about them.
The final part of your competitive analysis section is to document your areas of competitive advantage. For example:
- Will you use superior production methods?
- Will you provide services that your competitors don’t offer?
- Will you provide better customer service?
- Will you offer better pricing?
Think about ways you will outperform your competition and document them in this section of your plan.
Traditionally, a marketing plan includes the four P’s: Product, Price, Place, and Promotion. For a poultry farm business plan, your marketing plan should include the following:
Product : In the product section, you should reiterate the type of poultry farm company that you documented in your Company Analysis. Then, detail the specific products you will be offering. For example, in addition to traditional poultry, will you provide organic or cage-free poultry?
Price : Document the prices you will offer and how they compare to your competitors. Essentially in the product and price sub-sections of your marketing plan, you are presenting the products and services you offer and their prices.
Place : Place refers to the location of your poultry farm company. Document your location and mention how the location will impact your success. For example, is your poultry farm located near a processing facility, near a transportation hub, etc. Discuss how your location might be the ideal location for your customers.
Promotions : The final part of your poultry farm marketing plan is the promotions section. Here you will document how you will drive customers to your location(s). The following are some promotional methods you might consider:
- Advertising in trade papers and magazines
- Reaching out to local agriculture extension offices
- Social media marketing
- Local radio advertising
While the earlier sections of your business plan explained your goals, your operations plan describes how you will meet them. Your operations plan should have two distinct sections as follows.
Everyday short-term processes include all of the tasks involved in running your poultry farm, including animal care / feeding, flock supervision, animal transportation, sourcing feed, etc.
Long-term goals are the milestones you hope to achieve. These could include the dates when you expect to sign your 20th production contract, or when you hope to reach $X in revenue. It could also be when you expect to expand your poultry farm to a new location.
To demonstrate your poultry farm’s ability to succeed, a strong management team is essential. Highlight your key players’ backgrounds, emphasizing those skills and experiences that prove their ability to grow a company.
Ideally you and/or your team members have direct experience in managing poultry farms. If so, highlight this experience and expertise. But also highlight any experience that you think will help your business succeed.
If your team is lacking, consider assembling an advisory board. An advisory board would include 2 to 8 individuals who would act like mentors to your business. They would help answer questions and provide strategic guidance. If needed, look for advisory board members with experience in managing farms or successfully running small businesses.
Your financial plan should include your 5-year financial statement broken out both monthly or quarterly for the first year and then annually. Your financial statements include your income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statements.
An income statement is more commonly called a Profit and Loss statement or P&L. It shows your revenues and then subtracts your costs to show whether you turned a profit or not.
In developing your income statement, you need to devise assumptions. For example, will you supply 50 restaurants, or produce 2,000 birds for processing each month? And will sales grow by 2% or 10% per year? As you can imagine, your choice of assumptions will greatly impact the financial forecasts for your business. As much as possible, conduct research to try to root your assumptions in reality.
Balance sheets show your assets and liabilities. While balance sheets can include much information, try to simplify them to the key items you need to know about. For instance, if you spend $50,000 on building out your poultry farming business, this will not give you immediate profits. Rather it is an asset that will hopefully help you generate profits for years to come. Likewise, if a bank writes you a check for $50,000, you don’t need to pay it back immediately. Rather, that is a liability you will pay back over time.
Cash Flow Statement
Your cash flow statement will help determine how much money you need to start or grow your business, and make sure you never run out of money. What most entrepreneurs and business owners don’t realize is that you can turn a profit but run out of money and go bankrupt.
In developing your Income Statement and Balance Sheets be sure to include several of the key costs needed in starting or growing a poultry farm business:
- Location build-out including design fees, construction, etc.
- Cost of equipment and supplies
- Payroll or salaries paid to staff
- Business insurance
- Taxes and permits
- Legal expenses
Attach your full financial projections in the appendix of your plan along with any supporting documents that make your plan more compelling. For example, you might include your farm title or lease, or blueprints of the production facility.
Putting together a business plan for your poultry farm is a worthwhile endeavor. If you follow the template above, by the time you are done, you will truly be an expert. You will really understand the poultry farm industry, your competition, and your customers. You will have developed a marketing plan and will really understand what it takes to launch and grow a successful poultry farming business.
Poultry Farm Business Plan FAQs
What is the easiest way to complete my poultry farm business plan.
Growthink's Ultimate Business Plan Template allows you to quickly and easily complete your Poultry Farm Business Plan.
What is the Goal of a Business Plan's Executive Summary?
The goal of your Executive Summary is to quickly engage the reader. Explain to them the type of poultry farm business you are operating and the status; for example, are you a startup, do you have a poultry farm business that you would like to grow, or are you operating a chain of poultry farm businesses?
Don’t you wish there was a faster, easier way to finish your poultry farming business plan?
OR, Let Us Develop Your Plan For You
Since 1999, Growthink has developed business plans for thousands of companies who have gone on to achieve tremendous success.
Click here to see how Growthink’s professional business plan consulting services can create your business plan for you.
Other Helpful Business Plan Articles & Templates
You are now being redirected to CONTEXT4BOOK.COM....
Sustainable Agricultural Lands Conservation Supporting agricultural conservation, economic growth, and sustainable development
The Sustainable Agricultural Lands Conservation (SALC) Program fights climate change by protecting our productive farm¬lands and encouraging compact transit-oriented communities.
Find all the SALC materials you need here, including our Program Guidelines, fact sheets and information about the projects we’ve funded.
FY 2021-22 (Round 8) SALC Dates and Deadlines (subject to change):
- April 28, 2022 : Guidelines approved/released
- May 12, 2022, 1:00 p.m.–2:00 p.m. : Acquisition Pre-proposal Workshop
- May/June : Planning Grant Pre-proposal and Capacity Application Workshops – visit the DOC's SALC webpage for updates
- June 15, 2022 : Acquisition pre-proposals due
- July 1, 2022 : Planning pre-proposals due
- August 8, 2022 : Capacity Grant application due
- September 9, 2022 : Planning and Acquisition grant application packages due
Follow the link below to find all the important dates and deadlines for the SALC program.
salc email sign up for updates
The SALC Program protects at-risk agricultural lands from sprawl development in order to promote growth within existing jurisdictions, ensure open space remains available, and support a healthy agricultural economy. SALC is one of the many California Investments programs. For more information about these investments, visit: caclimatenvestments.ca.gov
PROPOSAL FOR BUSINESS PLAN OF POULTRY FARM Prepared By Aladi Anyebe fTable of content Executive summary Business concepts Product or service Market research and analysis Market plan Manufacturing and operations Entrepreneurial team Conclusion EXECUTIVE SUMMARY Poultry is an emerging and important sector that has been contributing progressively to …
The objectives of the project include; providing poultry product to 300 people in the first year, 600 in the second year and 900 in the third year. Achieve a top of mind recognition of 75% in the target segment in the first year and 90% in year two. To provide quality products that is affordable by the people who are supposed to use it.
We will aid local poultry farms and focus on a helping business model. We will use organic and eco-friendly feed and products that harm neither the poultry nor its consumers. 6.2 Sales Strategy We will offer organic products as compared to the chemically treated ones in the market.
POULTRY PROJECT PROPOSAL TOTAL AMOUNT BEING APPLIED FOR: US$ 3000.00 LOAN PURPOSE: WORKING CAPITAL PROPOSED LOAN PERIOD: 6 MONTHS DIRECTORS: T .MANGWANYA Statement of purpose The purpose of tis loan is to establish and run a poultry project initially with a vision to diversify later in Zimbabwe.
Poultry Farming Business Plan Outline This is the typical structure for a business plan for a poultry farm, and it includes all the key elements that you should have in your plan. Business Plan Outline Executive Summary Objectives Mission Statement Keys to success Financial Summary Net Income Business Overview Company Ownership Owners
The Poultry business plan you are going to download here contains the following: Introduction Executive summary Business ownership Farm location Our vision statement Our mission statement Our business structure Our strength Weakness: Market analysis Market trends Our target market Our competitive advantage Sales and marketing strategy
Poultry Farm Business Plan in Nigeria 2023 Sample The Poultry or Chicken Farming Business Plan comes as a Feasibility Study In Nigeria or birds arming, the business plan undergoes a regular up from time to time, this is done to correspond with the prevailing economic condition of the country. CHAT WITH US ON WHATSAPP FOR YOUR
Poultry farm project proposal pdf is an essential point to start a poultry farm business. if someone starts a chicken farm business, you need to poultry farm project proposal pdf in your business plan. download the pdf file at end of the post.
A Sample Poultry Farming Business Plan Template 1. Industry Overview The agricultural industry of which poultry farming and egg production is a subset of is no doubt among the leading industry in most countries of the world; it is the industry that produces chicken and eggs for the populace.
Sample Project Proposal Document For Poultry Farming Pdf can be one of the options to accompany you past having new time. It will not waste your time. bow to me, the e-book will no question reveal you new business to read. Just invest little mature to gate this on-line notice Sample Project Proposal Document For Poultry Farming Pdf as with ease ...
A Sample Free Range Chicken Farm Business Plan Template Are you about starting a chicken farm? If YES, here is a complete sample free range chicken farming business plan template & feasibility report you can use for FREE. Okay, so we have considered all the requirements for starting a chicken farm.We also took it further by analyzing and drafting a sample chicken produce marketing plan ...
Free Poultry Farming Business Plan Doc. Detailed, simple-to-follow instructions to quickly and painlessly create your entire business plan. This template was successfully field tested with numerous entrepreneurs, banks and investors.
For a poultry farm business plan, your marketing plan should include the following: Product: In the product section, you should reiterate the type of poultry farm company that you documented in your Company Analysis. Then, detail the specific products you will be offering.
This is likewise one of the factors by obtaining the soft documents of this Business Proposal For Poultry Layers Farming by online. You might not require more get older to spend to go to the books inauguration as ... through many business plan poultry farming samples to ensure that his chicken poultry farm business plan address all the possible ...
FY 2021-22 (Round 8) SALC Dates and Deadlines (subject to change): April 28, 2022: Guidelines approved/released; May 12, 2022, 1:00 p.m.-2:00 p.m.: Acquisition Pre-proposal Workshop May/June: Planning Grant Pre-proposal and Capacity Application Workshops - visit the DOC's SALC webpage for updates; June 15, 2022: Acquisition pre-proposals due; July 1, 2022: Planning pre-proposals due
SAMPLE DOCUMENT - FOR INFORMATION ... Authority or confined in any county or city jail, road camp, industrial farm, or other local correctional facility. /or/ Notice to the Director of the California Victim Compensation or to ... 17 Net Loss from Trade or Business (if any) 18 Distributions to Beneficiaries (if any) 19 20 21 16. 22
A201-2017 RI. State of Rhode Island Version of AIA Document A201® - 2017 General Conditions of the Contract for Construction. $37.99 One time use: Fixed document. Add to Cart. Showing 1-4 of 129 documents. See All. keyboard_arrow_right.
COVID-19 prevention procedures must be addressed either in the written IIPP or maintained in a separate document. Cal/OSHA has developed this model COVID-19 CPP to assist employers that choose to address their written COVID-19 hazard control procedures in a document separate from their IIPP. Employers are not required to use this CPP.