- EXPLORE Coupons Tech Help Pro Random Article About Us Quizzes Contribute Train Your Brain Game Improve Your English Popular Categories Arts and Entertainment Artwork Books Movies Computers and Electronics Computers Phone Skills Technology Hacks Health Men's Health Mental Health Women's Health Relationships Dating Love Relationship Issues Hobbies and Crafts Crafts Drawing Games Education & Communication Communication Skills Personal Development Studying Personal Care and Style Fashion Hair Care Personal Hygiene Youth Personal Care School Stuff Dating All Categories Arts and Entertainment Finance and Business Home and Garden Relationship Quizzes Cars & Other Vehicles Food and Entertaining Personal Care and Style Sports and Fitness Computers and Electronics Health Pets and Animals Travel Education & Communication Hobbies and Crafts Philosophy and Religion Work World Family Life Holidays and Traditions Relationships Youth
- HELP US Support wikiHow Community Dashboard Write an Article Request a New Article More Ideas...
- EDIT Edit this Article
- PRO Courses New Tech Help Pro New Expert Videos About wikiHow Pro Coupons Quizzes Upgrade Sign In
- Browse Articles
- Quizzes New
- Train Your Brain New
- Improve Your English New
- Support wikiHow
- About wikiHow
- Easy Ways to Help
- Approve Questions
- Fix Spelling
- More Things to Try...
- H&M Coupons
- Hotwire Promo Codes
- StubHub Discount Codes
- Ashley Furniture Coupons
- Blue Nile Promo Codes
- NordVPN Coupons
- Samsung Promo Codes
- Chewy Promo Codes
- Ulta Coupons
- Vistaprint Promo Codes
- Shutterfly Promo Codes
- DoorDash Promo Codes
- Office Depot Coupons
- adidas Promo Codes
- Home Depot Coupons
- DSW Coupons
- Bed Bath and Beyond Coupons
- Lowe's Coupons
- Surfshark Coupons
- Nordstrom Coupons
- Walmart Promo Codes
- Dick's Sporting Goods Coupons
- Fanatics Coupons
- Edible Arrangements Coupons
- eBay Coupons
- Log in / Sign up
- Education and Communications
- Study Skills
How to Survive Forgetting Your Homework at School
Last Updated: December 21, 2022
This article was co-authored by Katie Styzek . Katie Styzek is a Professional School Counselor for Chicago Public Schools. Katie earned a BS in Elementary Education with a Concentration in Mathematics from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. She served as a middle school mathematics, science, and social studies teacher for three years prior to becoming a counselor. She holds a Master of Education (M.Ed.) in School Counseling from DePaul University and an MA in Educational Leadership from Northeastern Illinois University. Katie holds an Illinois School Counselor Endorsement License (Type 73 Service Personnel), an Illinois Principal License (formerly Type 75), and an Illinois Elementary Education Teaching License (Type 03, K – 9). She is also Nationally Board Certified in School Counseling from the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards. This article has been viewed 120,855 times.
Have you ever sat down to complete your homework only to realize you left some important component (like a worksheet or textbook) at school? Don’t freak out! You have many options for getting ahold of what you need or finding a suitable replacement. If all else fails, you may be able to complete the assignment when you return to school.
Getting a Copy of a Worksheet
- If you have a scanner and printer or a copy machine, you can complete this task at home.
- Most printing places charge $0.10 for a single black and white copy.
- Be sure to use clear grammar, complete sentences, and good etiquette in your email.
- You can only use this method once or twice before your teacher will become frustrated with you.
- Your teacher may be less than pleased that you don’t have the worksheet if you’ve had an extended period of time to complete it rather than if it was assigned that day.
Finding a Textbook
- You can search an online card catalog or call the library to see if they have your book. Then go there in person and check it out.
- Sometimes the textbook may be “on reserve,” meaning you will have to work with it in the library.
- Ideally, you will want to try to find the exact same edition, but a different edition will be better than nothing. Keep in mind, though, that the chapter or worksheet may be different from the one your teacher assigned.
- If you can find out the ISBN code for your textbook, this can be a good way to search as well.
Completing the Homework Later
- If you need to get into your classroom, you can email your teacher to see if they can let you in early.
- You can work during any free period, recess, or lunch in order to get the assignment done.
- It is likely that your teacher will need to stay for a little while anyway, and they may respect your initiative to get the late assignment complete as soon as possible.
- If you have multiple email accounts, use the one associated with your school.
- Once again, use proper grammar, complete sentences, and good etiquette when you communicate with your teacher via email.
- Keep in mind that if this happens more than once, your teacher may be less likely to give you an extension.
- Exchange contact info with some people from your class ahead of time so that you can contact them in a situation like this one. ⧼thumbs_response⧽ Helpful 0 Not Helpful 0
- When searching for answers off the Internet, don't type in the direct question. Instead, type in key parts of the question. For example, if the question is “What was the population of Canada in 1900?" type in “Population of Canada 1900” instead of the full question. ⧼thumbs_response⧽ Helpful 0 Not Helpful 0
- Try making a mini bag that will carry all the supplies needed to do homework, like an extra copy of every textbook, lined paper, a ruler, a protractor, etc. ⧼thumbs_response⧽ Helpful 0 Not Helpful 0
- If you consistently forget your homework, you may get in trouble or your teacher may lose their trust in you. ⧼thumbs_response⧽ Helpful 3 Not Helpful 0
You Might Also Like
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1igbazxNYA&ab_channel=ccsj4always
- ↑ Katie Styzek. Professional School Counselor. Expert Interview. 26 March 2021.
- ↑ http://www.usnews.com/education/blogs/professors-guide/2010/09/30/18-etiquette-tips-for-e-mailing-your-professor
- ↑ http://blog.tutorhub.com/2012/08/02/10-best-excuses-for-not-doing-your-homework/
About This Article
- Send fan mail to authors
Reader Success Stories
Feb 26, 2017
Did this article help you?
Oct 14, 2018
Jan 25, 2017
Sep 16, 2020
- Do Not Sell or Share My Info
- Not Selling Info
Get all the best how-tos!
Sign up for wikiHow's weekly email newsletter
15 Good Excuses for When You Forgot to Do Your Homework
By: Author Hiuyan Lam
Posted on Published: May 23, 2021
Categories Etiquette & advice
Having to do a ton of homework after a long day at school isn’t a great feeling. But, if you don’t do it, you’ll get in trouble if you don’t have good excuses not to do homework.
Instead of settling for a zero, you need to come up with good excuses to convince your teacher to give you a pass. These excuses not to do homework must be rock solid or else you might end up in even more trouble.
Saying the dog ate it is not a good excuse not to do homework, so don’t even think about using that one. Here are 15 of the best excuses not to do homework that are guaranteed to work:
Things to pay attention to before making up excuses not to do homework
Before you go ahead and make up your excuses not to do homework, there are some things you must pay attention to. This will let you know if the excuse will work or not. The main things are:
4 excuses about blaming family when you forgot to do your homework
Sometimes family can come in the way of getting your homework done on time. This can be because of a toxic home environment, or simply because a lot is going on at the moment. Here are 4 good excuses not to do homework that can be blamed on your family:
You May Also Like:
11 of the Best Excuses to not Video Call Someone
3 excuses that blame technology
As reliable as technology is these days, certain things may happen that will make it difficult for you to complete your homework assignments. Here are 3 excuses not to complete homework that you can blame on technology:
15 Good Excuses to Miss Class without Being Caught Lying
3 excuses for when you have conflicts
Unfortunately, teachers can sometimes put too much pressure on students to complete homework. Students might end up with a ton of homework that has to go in the same day, or experience scheduling conflicts with their extracurriculars. If this is your experience, here are 3 excuses not to do homework:
5 excuses for when you blame yourself
If there isn’t anyone to blame but yourself, it’s always a better idea to go with the truth than a lie. Being able to hold yourself accountable says a lot and it is obvious to seasoned teachers when students are grasping at straws. Here are 5 excuses not to do homework when it’s all your fault:
Now that you have your excuses not to do homework, please don’t take advantage of them. Sure, homework might be no fun, but it will be helpful in the long run and you’ll find that when test time comes, you’ll have an easier time recalling what you have learned!
- Arts & Music
- English Language Arts
- World Language
- Social Studies - History
- Holidays / Seasonal
- Independent Work Packet
- Easel by TPT
- Google Apps
Interactive resources you can assign in your digital classroom from TPT.
Unlock access to 4 million resources — at no cost to you — with a school-funded subscription..
missed homework oops
Resource types, all resource types, results for missed homework oops.
- Price (Ascending)
- Most Recent
OOPS Notice! Missing Homework Parent Slip
Oops! Missing Homework Slip
Missing Homework "OOPS" Slip
OOPS! Missing and Late Homework Slips
Late/Missing Homework Note
oops no homework slip
Oops ... I Forgot My Homework
Also included in: Special Education BUNDLE
Oops... I didn't do my Homework Slips
Oops! I Forgot My Homework
Missing Homework Record Sheet with Cute Mouse
Oops! No Homework!
Oops, I Forgot My Homework! Plan, Oops Slips, and Record Log
Oops! Homework Sheet
OOPS NO HOMEWORK
Oops Homewok is Missing
- Word Document File
Oops! I Forgot My Homework Form
Missing Homework Slips
Oops, I Didn't Do My Homework
OOPS I FORGOT MY HOMEWORK
Oops! Homework Slips
Missing Homework Notice
Oops! I forgot my Homework note
Oops I Forgot My Homework
Oops! Something is Missing Form
TPT empowers educators to teach at their best.
- We're Hiring
- Help & FAQ
- Terms of Service
- Trademark & Copyright
Keep in Touch!
Are you getting the free resources, updates, and special offers we send out every week in our teacher newsletter?
chevron_right Log in
chevron_right Show random sentence
chevron_right Browse by language
chevron_right Browse by list
chevron_right Browse by tag
chevron_right Browse audio
chevron_right List of all members
chevron_right Languages of members
chevron_right Native speakers
There are no comments for now.
- Spread by Tatoebans ✨
- tag - tense - past simple
This sentence is original and was not derived from translation.
added by CK , March 21, 2013
linked by sacredceltic , May 7, 2013
linked by Gulo_Luscus , April 12, 2014
linked by odexed , April 23, 2015
linked by fekundulo , January 9, 2017
Need some help?
- Quick Start Guide
- Tatoeba Wiki
- Google group
- What is Tatoeba?
GET THESE FOR FREE
- Free Turnitin Plagiarism report
- Free work in progress drafts
- Free revisions for all orders
- Free text/email updates
- Free 24/7 VIP customer support
- Free 1 page summary.
- Free cover page
- Free references page
- Free formatting for your work
Share with friends
I forgot to do my homework and its due tomorrow
I can guess you have panicked. You had a whole week to do an assignment and forgot? I bet you are so worried that you don’t even know where to start. Relax! Forgetting sometimes is okay. We are humans, right? We get too busy with other things and forget to take care of a few of them.
We can help. Actually, this website is meant to help you out during such situations. Just give you’re your instructions from your professor and we will let a very proficient writer help you. Trust us, the homework will be done before the deadline. What about the quality? We only deliver the best quality. If you were searching for anything less, then maybe this is not the best place to get it. Despite giving the best quality custom written essays, our prices are the least. Well, not really the lowest but it’s worth the quality you get. Stop panicking and fill in the order form below, go to bed and check your paper later.
Calculate the Price
Minimum price:, why choose us, plagiarism free work.
- Written from scratch
- 100% original work
- All sources referenced correctly
- A free works cited page attached
- Free turnitin plagiarism report
- Very fast and reliable writers
- Quick delivery of urgent orders
- Great time management skills
- Constant draft updates
- Quick responses from support and writers
- Enough time for revisions
- Student friendly prices
- Free works cited page
- Up to 25% discount on all orders
Take a long breathe hold it on for few seconds, let it release. Now repeat this for few times and relax your mind first. Now take a pen and blank paper Not the
... try restarting your device. Your browser can't play this video. ... When You Forget To Do Your Homework. 17M views 1 year ago.
When you forget to do your homework. This has happened to you.#yayayayawuwu, #commenterbruh, #shorts, #trending
Mutilate your assignment so you teacher can't tell you didn't actually do the ... you forgot your homework in your locker, he or she can just ask you to go
Photocopy a friend's worksheet for an easy solution. If you forgot some type of worksheet or essential assignment sheet, call up a friend. Ask if you can borrow
When you forgot to do your homework, instead of settling for a zero, you need to come up with good excuses to convince your teacher to give
Browse forgot homework resources on Teachers Pay Teachers, ... They may use it anytime in the quarter if they forget to do or bring
I Forgot My Homework! Perfect, easy to complete, homework slip that can be attached to a student folder for missing work! Subjects:.
Logs. This sentence is original and was not derived from translation. I forgot to do my homework. added by CK, March 21, 2013.
You had a whole week to do an assignment and forgot? I bet you are so worried that you don't even know where to start. Relax! Forgetting sometimes is okay. We