- Help Center
- Terms of Service
- Submit feedback
Change your keyboard theme, sound, or vibration
Change how your keyboard looks.
You can change your keyboard theme. To give your Gboard a background, like a photo or a color:
- Tap Theme .
- Pick a theme. Then tap Apply .
Change how your keyboard sounds & vibrates
To pick whether your keyboard makes sounds or vibrations, and how loud or strong they are:
- On your Android phone or tablet, install Gboard .
- Tap Preferences .
- Scroll down to "Key press."
- Sound on keypress
- Volume on keypress
- Haptic feedback on keypress
- Vibration strength on keypress
[Solved] 6 Ways to Turn Off or Change Keyboard Sound on Android, iPhone
Tick..tick..tick! Keypress sounds on your smartphone can sometimes be annoying when sitting in a silent place. If you’re searching for a way to turn it off or change the usual boring keypress sound on your device , you’ve come to the right place. In this read, we have demonstrated six methods to conveniently turn off or change keypress sound on Android and iPhone. Meanwhile, you can also learn to use a physical keyboard on your Android phone.
Ways To Turn Off or Change Keypad Sound on Android/iPhone
Table of Contents
Change Keypress Sound On Android Phones
2. Next, tap on Preferences and scroll down to locate the Keypress Section .
That’s it! You’ve successfully enabled/disabled keypress sound on your Android device using Gboard. However, Gboard only supports a single sound for keypress action, and there’s no option natively to change it to a different sound unless you root your Android device and replace it with another tune.
Change Keypress Sounds on Samsung Devices
3. You can pick your favorite keypress tone from the list of 4 pre-configured sounds: Galaxy, Calm, Fun, and Retro .
Enable and Disable Keypress Sound on Xiaomi and Redmi Phones
2. Next, tap on Language and Input to configure it.
5. Press ‘Input ‘ and scroll down to the bottom to tap on Advanced .
Change Keypress Sound on iPhone
If you’re annoyed at the ‘clicky’ keypress sound on your iPhone and wish to turn it off, here’s what you need to do:
Use Free Third-Party Keyboard apps to Change Keypress Sounds
If you’re bored listening to the default keypress sounds on your device’s keyboard, you can spice things up by trying free third-party keyboard apps. Microsoft’s Swiftkey and Design Keyboard are two such popular keyboard apps that offer custom keypress tones to provide an interesting typing experience.
Microsoft SwiftKey Keyboard (Works on Android and iOS)
4. Similarly, you can set a custom vibration intensity by turning off the default vibration toggle and enabling the Keypress Vibration .
Design Keyboard (Works on Android)
4. Toggle on the ‘ Turn on Sound ‘ option to enable keypress sounds and press the Change Sounds option to view the list of different available tones.
Turn Off Keypress Sounds Temporarily with Alert Sliders
Bonus tip: make keyboards bigger on iphone and samsung phones.
If you’re struggling while typing on your smartphone’s keyboard and often end up creating mistakes, then you can magnify the keyboard to provide precise inputs to your device.
Based on your smartphone manufacturer, you can conveniently turn on/off keypress sounds on your Android device by accessing its keyboard settings . You can check out the methods listed above to turn on/off keyboard sounds on Samsung, Xiaomi/Redmi, and any other Android phone.
Q5 : How to access sound settings for the Samsung keyboard?
Wrapping Up: Try Unique Keypad Sounds or Switch it Off
You should also check out:
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group , or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.
Related topics, 2 ways to create and use animated memoji on mac lock screen, 5 ways to upload high quality youtube shorts videos, how to enable and use paytm upi lite.
- Smart Phones
When typing on Android keyboard, the keypad tones are played. You might want to turn off this sound, especially in a public place like a library or even in office. Are you searching for ‘How to change the keyboard sound on Android?’ Tired of the constant ticking sound? Want to turn off the keyboard sound on Android? Want to disable the vibration for Android keyboard? Well, all this is pretty simple and can be done in a couple of seconds.
Change how your keyboard sounds & vibrates
- First things first, install Gboard on your Android phone or table
- Now, open the Settings app
- Here, tap on ‘System Languages’, and then on ‘Input’
- Then, tap on’ Virtual Keyboard Gboard’
- Click on ‘Preferences’
- Scroll down to ‘Key press’
- Select your choice. For instance, Sound onkeypress. Volume on keypress. Haptic feedback onkeypress.
You Might Also Like to Read: 5 Best Privacy Apps for Android in 2021
To change vibration setting on Android:
- Go to the Setting
- Then, scroll to Language & Input.
- Here, search for ‘Google Keyboard’
- Open ‘Google keyboard’ and tap on ‘Preferences’
- Here, turn off the ‘Vibrate on keypress’ option
Along with adjusting the keyboard sound on Android, you can also customise the theme as per your mood. To give your keyboard a new look:
- Open the Settings app
- Tap System, from here, select ‘Languages & Input’
- Then go to Virtual Keyboard ‘Gboard’
- Select the preferred theme and tap on ‘Apply’
Voila! You are done!
Also Read: How to Fix ‘Mobile Network not Available’ Error on Android Phone
Let us know if you are still unable to change keyboard sound on Android. Drop in your concern in the comments section and our technical team will get back to you with a plausible solution.
- Change Keyboard Sound
- Change Keyboard Sound on Android
- Keyboard Sound on Android
Know How to Delete Bank Account Details from Myntra
Most popular, here is how to change the name of a t-mobile router.
- Latest News
Google smartphone just got smarter. google pixel 4 specs, nerve zap earbuds could help you learn a new language, all you need to know about the nasa mars 2020 rover, popular category.
- Top News 3111
- Latest News 1468
- Smart Phones 1008
- Latest-Posts 629
- Gadgets 574
- Technology 482
- Know How 478
With techthirsty.com, our aim is to bring you the latest and the best in technology. Covering the latest trends and the latest news, the best technologies, the best apps, the best softwares, the best gadgets.. ALL THINGS TECH.
Copyright © 2022 TECHTHIRSTY.
© Newspaper WordPress Theme by TagDiv
- Tech Thirsty Special
- women in technology
- Company News
How to Turn Off Keyboard Sound on Android and iPhone
There are two kinds of people: those who like the keyboard tap sound on a smartphone and those who don’t. If you belong to the latter category, you can easily disable the keyboard sound on Android and iPhone, where it is enabled by default. Let’s examine how to turn off keyboard sound for Gboard, SwiftKey, Samsung, and Apple keyboards.
How to Turn Off the Keyboard Sound on Android
1. disable keyboard sound on gboard.
1. Open the Gboard keyboard settings by following the above method or launching any app where you can use the Gboard keyboard to access the settings quickly. Tap on the Settings icon at the top of the keyboard. Alternatively, open the App drawer on your phone and tap on “Gboard.”
2. Tap on “Preferences” in Gboard settings. Scroll down and turn off the toggle next to “Sound on keypress.” If you want, you can decrease the keypress volume instead of completely disabling it. For that, tap on the “Volume on keypress” option and adjust it to your needs.
On the same screen, you will be able to disable keyboard vibration. For that, turn off the toggle next to “Haptic feedback on keypress.” You can also adjust the vibration strength if you decide to keep it enabled.
2. Disable Keyboard Sound on SwiftKey
1. Open theSwiftKey keyboard settings. You can do it in multiple ways. Firstly, open the SwiftKey keyboard in any app. Tap on the Settings icon on the keyboard. That will take you to the keyboard settings. You can also open the apps list on your phone and tap on “SwiftKey” from there.
2. Inside the SwiftKey settings, tap on “Sound & vibration.” Turn off the toggle next to “Keypress sound volume.” Similar to Gboard, you can increase or decrease the keypress volume using the available slider if you want to keep it enabled.
Interestingly, SwiftKey also lets you change the keyboard sound from the Keypress sound profile. And if you want to disable vibration as well for SwiftKey, disable the toggles next to “Use the Android default vibration” and “Keypress vibration.”
3. Disable Keyboard Sound on Samsung Keyboard
The steps to disable the sound or vibration for a Samsung keyboard are slightly different as you will see below. However, if you are using Gboard or SwiftKey on a Samsung Galaxy device, follow the steps mentioned above.
1. Launch Settings on your Samsung phone.
2. Tap on “Sounds and vibration” followed by “System sound/vibration control.”
3. Turn off the toggle next to “Samsung keyboard” under the Sound section. If you want to disable vibration as well, turn off the toggle under the Vibration section for “Samsung keyboard.”
Tip : if you are a Samsung keyboard user, find out how to change the color of the Samsung keyboard .
How to Turn Off the Keyboard Sound on iPhone
Often, we want to turn off the keyboard sound only for a brief period. Let’s say you are at a place where you don’t want others to hear the keypress sound. In such situations, you can turn off the keyboard sound by using the physical mute button on your phone. It should be on the left edge of your phone. Simply, push it toward the back of your phone to enable Silent mode. That will disable keypress sounds for all keyboards.
As you may have guessed, while this method is helpful for temporary times, it does turn off all the sounds on your phone. You won’t even get a notification or ring sound, so use it wisely.
Disable Apple Keyboard Sound on iPhone
If you don’t like the Apple keyboard keypress sound and want to keep it disabled at all times, you can do so from Settings as shown below.
1. Open Settings on your iPhone.
2. Go to “Sounds & haptics.” Scroll down and turn off the toggle next to Keyboard clicks. Similarly, check out other useful settings for the iOS keyboard .
Turn Off the Gboard Keyboard Sound on iPhone
Gboard doesn’t offer a dedicated sound setting on iPhone. But if you follow the above method for the Apple keyboard, it should turn off the Gboard key clicks sound as well. However, for many users, including me, doing so doesn’t disable the Gboard sound. So what’s the solution? Simply restart your iPhone after turning off the Keyboard clicks setting and that should do the trick.
In case restarting your phone also doesn’t help, you need to revoke the “Allow full access setting” and grant it again. To do so, open Settings on your iPhone and go to “General -> Keyboard -> Keyboards.” Tap on “Gboard.” Turn off the toggle for “Allow full access.” Wait for a few seconds and enable it again.
Turn Off the SwiftKey Keypress Sound on iPhone
1. Open the SwiftKey app on your iPhone.
2. Tap on Settings. Turn off the toggle for “Key click sounds.” To turn off vibration, disable the toggle for “Key haptic feedback.”
Frequently Asked Questions
1. how do i get my keyboard clicks back.
Simply repeat the steps mentioned in the above methods and enable the toggle next to the sound option.
2. Can I change the keyboard sound on iPhone and Android?
You cannot use a different keypress sound on iPhone. However, you can do so on Android using the SwiftKey keyboard.
3. Why is my keyboard so loud?
You might have increased the key clicks sound in the keyboard settings of your Android phone. Navigate to the sound settings for your keyboard as shown above and decrease the volume. On an iPhone, the loudness of the key clicks corresponds with the phone’s volume settings. If you turn down the overall volume via the button on the left side of the phone, the key clicks volume will turn down as well. Likewise, if you turn up the volume via the button on the left side, the key clicks volume will increase.
Try New Keyboards
Now that you know how you can turn off key click sounds on Android and iPhone, find out how to use a physical keyboard with an Android phone . You should also check out the best Gboard alternatives and Android keyboards that help you write better .
Mehvish is a tech lover from Kashmir. With a degree in computer engineering, she's always been happy to help anyone who finds technology challenging. She's been writing about technology for over six years, and her favorite topics include how-to guides, explainers, tips and tricks for Android, iOS/iPadOS, Windows, social media, and web apps.
Our latest tutorials delivered straight to your inbox
How to Download Reddit Videos
How to Fix Cellular Data Not Working on iPhone and iPad
How to Scan QR Codes From an Image on Mobile
6 of the Best Smart Flip Phones You Can Buy Right Now
How to Fix Apple Watch Not Getting Notifications
How to Fix Copy and Paste Not Working in Windows
How to Edit a Screenshot on Your Phone
7 Free Music Download Apps for Android and iOS
How to Empty Trash on iPhone
How to Add PDF Shortcut to Home Screen on Android and iPhone
Affiliate Disclosure: Make Tech Easier may earn commission on products purchased through our links, which supports the work we do for our readers.
- Lack of Forum activity 602
- March 2023 security Patch 558
- Can't find s23 ultra screen protector in town 533
- strange and frustrating 500
- Factory screen protector 366
- External mic won't power up 333
- Android OS Discussion & Help
- Legacy Android & Other OS's
Is there any way to change the sound in my google keyboard ? I am using android 8
- Advanced Search
- Show Printable Version
- Legacy Android & Other OS's
Why wont my screen turn off, why are android push notifications not working, app copied to phone cannot find it on phone, my navigation button for my note 8 is missing.
- Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
How Do I Change the Keypress Sound on My Android?
By: Author DroidRant Editors
Posted on Published: May 19, 2022
In order to customize the keypress sound on your Android device, go to Settings > General > Sounds. In SwiftKey, tap the “Keypress sound volume” slider on the right side of the app. Then, tap “Keypress sound profile” to choose one of four sounds. If you don’t want any physical feedback when you press the key, turn off the “Use default vibration” setting.
Alternatively, you can disable the keypress sound by pressing the mute button on your phone. This button can be found on the left edge of the phone and is pushed toward the back. If the sound is too loud, try turning off the vibration. You can also disable the sound of the keypress by turning off all sounds on the phone. In both cases, the volume of the keyboard will correspond to the volume of the phone.
Related Questions / Contents
How Do I Change the Touch Sound on My Android?
How do i change the tap sound on my keyboard, how do i change the keypress sound on my gboard, can you change the typing sound on samsung, how do i stop the clicking sound when i type, how do i change keyboard layout on android, how do i customize my samsung keyboard.
If you are a smartphone user, you may want to know how to change the touch sound on your Android device. The change in April’s update changed the sound from the subtle click to a loud beep. Regardless of your preference, this change may cause you to lose sleep at night, and is particularly distracting if you are using your phone in a classroom. To make the touch sound more acceptable to your audience, you can follow the steps below.
First, head to your settings. Go to Sound, System Sounds, and tap on Other sounds and vibrations. Scroll down to the section named “Touch Sounds and Keytones” and uncheck the boxes to turn them off. This section also allows you to customize the volume of each sound. Once you have disabled the default touch sound, you can also disable it altogether. If you don’t like this sound, you can turn it off by enabling the toggles next to each one.
If you want to turn off the keyboard’s tap sound, you can do so in two ways. First, open your text editor app. Then, select your keyboard. Then, press the ‘Options’ or ‘Settings’ icon. From here, you can turn off the keyboard’s sound and all sounds on the phone. Once you have turned off the keyboard’s sound, you can turn on or off the haptic feedback as you wish.
If you’re using a Gboard keyboard, you can turn on haptic feedback by tapping on the three dots in the right corner of the screen. If your keyboard doesn’t have haptic feedback, you can enable it from the settings menu. Make sure you’ve set the haptic feedback intensity, otherwise the feature won’t work. You can also adjust the intensity of the vibration.
When you are using a Bluetooth keyboard, you can choose to have a keypress sound to alert you when you’ve successfully pressed a key. Some Bluetooth keyboards have sound to alert you of successful key presses, while others don’t. If you’d like to enable keypress sound, you’ll need to install Gboard. To do this, open the Settings Gboard app on your device, go to the Preferences tab, and then choose Sound on keypress. Afterward, slide the switch to the Enable Sound On Keypress option.
The sound produced by keypresses on Android keyboards varies depending on the manufacturer. For example, mechanical typewriters have different sounds. Other keyboards use a clicking, whacking, or thumping noise. If you don’t want to hear this sound, you can disable the keypress sound on your device by turning off the vibration. This will also prevent your keyboard from vibrating when you press a key.
If you’d like to change the keyboard sound on your Samsung smartphone, you’ll need to go into the Settings app. You can find it under the Voice, Sound, and Vibration section. From there, you can switch on or off the sound, or disable the vibration altogether. In both cases, you can change the color of the keyboard as well. This article describes how to do this in your Samsung smartphone.
Go to Settings and tap the gear icon. Under Sounds and vibration settings, you’ll find various options, including system sound, keyboard sound, and Do not disturb. On some models, you can even disable keyboard vibrate, making the keyboard unusable unless you’re typing on it. To change the keyboard sound, select the keyboard settings and then tap on “Keyboard vibrate” to toggle it. If that doesn’t fix it, you can do a factory reset.
If you’re tired of hearing the clicking sound when typing on your Android phone, you might be wondering how to turn off the annoying noise. You can easily silence the sound by going to the keyboard settings and enabling the “Silent keypress” setting. Then, simply press the ‘OK’ button to apply the changes. You’ll no longer hear the clicking sound every time you type or press a key.
Turning off the keyboard’s sound may not always work. This method only works for Android keyboards. Lenovo’s IME keyboard does not produce this type of sound. In these cases, you can enable muting through the Android settings and the keyboard itself. But, this method does not work for muting the device’s volume. So, if the clicking sound is bothering you while typing, you can turn it off manually.
On Android phones, the clicking sound is enabled by default. You can turn off the keyboard sound by setting the volume to zero. To stop the clicking sound when typing on your Android phone, you can go to Settings > Sound. Touch Sounds settings allow you to turn off the clicking sound, which can be really annoying. It’s possible to disable the keyboard’s click and lock sounds in the Android settings, too. You just need to find a way to disable this sound.
If you are looking for a way to change the keyboard layout on your Android phone, read on to find out how you can do it. There are several ways to customize your keyboard, including removing the default layout and using a custom keyboard. These steps are the same for most Android phones. To start changing the keyboard layout, open the Settings app. Scroll down until you see the Quick Settings tiles. Click the gear icon in the top right corner and tap “Manage Keyboard.” Scroll down to the section titled “Default Keyboard” and choose the one that you want to use.
You may want to try a different layout if your hands are not the same size. In addition, there are some minor differences between different keyboard layouts. If you have a small hand, try a different layout, and see which one works best for you. Once you’ve chosen your preferred layout, you can move the slider to change the keyboard settings. Alternatively, you can also tap “Customize keyboard layout” to change the layout of all text fields.
To change the layout of your keyboard, you can use the Samsung Keyboard’s editing tools. You can choose from different layouts, as well as language and size. You can also use the key layout editor to change the appearance of the keyboard. Then, just give it a name and click “Apply” to apply the changes. Once you have finished customizing the layout, you can switch back to the original layout.
In the Settings, select General Management and then go to Samsung Keyboard. Tap on the blue handles to enlarge or decrease the keyboard size. Alternatively, you can use the keyboard’s ‘up and down’ buttons to raise or lower it. You can change the size of the keyboard in the Settings by tapping on the gear icon on the keyboard. You can also change the font size, which can be done by selecting different color themes.
If you use your fingertip to type, you can also customize your Samsung keyboard by removing the letters that you don’t need. Samsung keyboards are designed to make typing faster and more convenient. There are several shortcuts available, including voice typing and GIFs. You can also customize your keyboard by changing the font and size of your keys, as well as adjusting its smart typing features. These settings are located just outside the keyboard screen.
Learn More Here:
1.) Android Help Center
2.) Android – Wikipedia
3.) Android Versions
4.) Android Guides
How To Change Keyboard Sound On Android
Are you bored of the same old typing sounds on your Android device? If so, you’re not alone. Most people get tired of their device’s stock keyboard sound after a while. Thankfully, there are some very simple ways to change your keyboard sounds on any Android device. If you have ever used third-party keyboards such as GBoard or SwiftKey, then you know that these apps often come with their own unique sound effects for when you type something on the virtual keyboard. It can be a small but nice touch to make using your phone more enjoyable and less monotonous from day to day. Here is how you can do that:
How to change keyboard sound on android
- Before you start, make sure that the keyboard you want is already installed on your device. Make sure you are using the keyboard of your choice.
- Open up the Settings app, and then select “Language and input”.
- From this menu, select “Keyboard” and then “Keyboard sound”.
- Tap on your desired keyboard sound from the list of sounds available to choose from. You can also search for a new sound if none of the predefined ones fit your mood or taste. If you are prompted to update an existing keyboard, it means that there is already a new keyboard with a different sound available in the Play Store so give it a go!
- Tap on “OK” to save your new keyboard sound.
- You can also change your keyboard sound by long-pressing the spacebar on your device and then tapping on “Keyboard”, “Keyboard sound”, and then “Change keyboard sound.”
- You will be prompted to select from the list of sounds available for you to choose from. Select your preferred sound from the list and then tap on “OK” to save it.
- Now that you have changed your keyboard sounds, make sure that you test them out on a few occasions before going back to the stock one again!
Change Your Android Keyboard Sounds
- The first thing you need to do is download an app called “Sound Recorder” from the Play Store. This app will allow you to record any sounds you want.
- Open the app and set it to play and record at the same time.
- Now, when you want to change your keyboard sound, just start typing on your phone’s keyboard and wait for a few seconds for it to start recording.
- Select the sound effect that you want and save it in your phone’s internal storage or SD card. Afterward, select “Stop Recording” from the app so that you don’t accidentally overwrite whatever sound effects you have previously recorded on your device with another one that has no relation to what you are typing at that moment. You can also delete all of these sounds if they are not useful anymore, but remember: once they are saved on your device, they will be there forever!
- Open the “Sound Recorder” app again and select your new sound. This time, you will have to record for a longer amount of time in order for it to be saved properly into your device’s storage.
- After you are done with the recording, select “Stop Recording” again so that you don’t accidentally overwrite whatever sound effects you have previously recorded on your device with another one that has no relation to what you are typing at that moment. You can also delete all of these sounds if they are not useful anymore, but remember: once they are saved on your device, they will be there forever!
- To test out which keyboard sound is better for you, simply change the keyboard settings in the phone’s main settings menu and choose a different keyboard setting from there. You can choose between various keyboard sounds such as “Default Sound” or “Romansh Sound” or even a combination of both!
install a Custom Keyboards
- Open up your phone’s settings.
- Choose the “Language” option and then scroll down to “Keyboard & Input Methods”.
- Tap on the “Input Method” option on the next screen. The default Android keyboard is listed here, but you can swipe to the right to see all of your installed keyboards — including third-party keyboards like GBoard and SwiftKey. Tapping on any of them will automatically install it, so you won’t have to do that manually. If you have specific keyboard sounds in mind, you can also choose which ones you want to be installed at this time by tapping on the “Add…” button at the bottom of that screen.
- Once your custom keyboard is ready to go, tap it at the top of this screen and choose whether or not it will switch over automatically when you use another keyboard or if you want to set a different sound for each keyboard type (a feature already built into some keyboards like GBoard). You can also choose whether or not it switches over when typing in any app other than Chrome (or whatever app is currently open) by checking or unchecking the box next to that option as well. Then hit the “Done” button at the bottom of this screen once everything looks good for you and your device reboot!
- You can also add your own custom keyboard by installing the Google Keyboard from the Play Store. Once installed, you will get a new keyboard called “Google Keyboard” when you open up the app drawer. Tap on that new keyboard to choose which of your other keyboards you want it to inherit from and then choose whether or not it switches over automatically when you use another keyboard or if you want to set a different sound for each keyboard type (a feature already built into some keyboards like GBoard and SwiftKey).
Use GBoard’s Custom Typing Sound
- To change the sound, open GBoard and go to “Settings” on the top tab.
- Tap on “Sound Effects” to access the in-app sound settings for GBoard.
- You will be able to see a list of sounds that you have already added or that are installed from GBoard’s app store. You can also add new sounds here by tapping on the plus icon at the bottom of the screen.
- If you want to add a custom sound, then tap on “Get New Sound” at the bottom of the screen and choose “Share Custom Sound” from your Android device’s storage media. When you do this, a notification should pop up asking you to download an MP3 file of your new sound effects file onto your phone or tablet device via a USB cable connected to your computer (or WiFi if you are using a tablet). Once this is done, go back into GBoard and tap on “Sound Effects – Share Custom Sound” again and select it from your computer storage media when prompted.
- After choosing it, tap on “Select File” next to it and choose which file you downloaded from your computer earlier based on its name or type in its name yourself if it has no name yet (such as 01_sound_effect_name). Then tap on OK after choosing which file you chose earlier from your Android device’s storage media memory (or WiFi if you are using a tablet).
- After choosing your custom sound, tap on “Save” at the bottom of the screen to save it and you will be good to go.
Change the Typing Sound in Samsung Keyboard
- Head over to the app drawer and open Samsung Keyboard.
- Swipe the menu key and select Settings > Sound > Typing Sound
- Select the option you want to listen to and tap on OK
- That’s it! You can now enjoy your new sound effect whenever you type something on your device’s keyboard.
- To change the sound again, repeat these steps.
Changing your keyboard sounds can be a fun and interesting way to personalize your device. With so many keyboard apps available on the Google Play Store, you can find a keyboard that fits your tastes and preferences no matter what they are. If you are looking for a new keyboard app, then make sure that it is from trusted and well-known sources, such as Google or Apple. You don’t want to download and activate an app on your device that will cause you harm or come with viruses or malware.
RELATED ARTICLES MORE FROM AUTHOR
How to turn off google dark mode on your android device, how to empty the trash on samsung phones, how to connect firestick to wifi, leave a reply cancel reply.
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
How to send photos from android to iphone – the fastest and easiest methods, how to connect jbl speakers to phone.
- Terms Conditions
How to Turn Off Keyboard Sound on Android
- Post author:
- Post comments: 0 Comments
- Post last modified: November 12, 2022
- Reading time: 8 mins read
In this short tutorial, you are going to learn how to turn off the sound the keyboard on your Android phone makes.
This way, you can type without letting the whole family know that you’re on your phone at night… uh, that’s the only reason I could come up with in under 17 seconds.
But I know there are other reasons why you would want to turn off your keyboard sound.
First I’m going to show you how to do this with Gboard (because it is one of the most popular keyboards on Android), then I’m going to show you how to access other keyboard settings.
From there, you can follow the same steps that I’ll be showing you with the Gboard app and turn off the sound. Don’t worry, it’s a step by step thing, and there’s a video that will show you how. Just in case.
Anyways, let’s begin.
Step 1: Open a text editor (e.g. your text messaging app, memo app, WhatsApp etc.). This is just a way to make the keyboard app show up.
Step 2: On the top row of the keyboard, tap the Options icon and select Settings . If you see the Settings icon on the top row, there is no need to tap the options icon.
Step 3: Tap Preferences on the new screen you see.
Step 4: Under the Key Press section, turn off Sound on Keypress . Optionally, you can activate Vibration if you want by switching on Haptic feedback on keypress .
I just showed you how to turn off the sound your keyboard makes using the Gboard app.
Now, since there are a lot of keyboard apps available for Android, it can be a bit tricky to reach their settings.
If you don’t know the name of the keyboard, at least know the its icon.
Right, so below is how you can reach the settings option for all keyboards on Android. I also showed the steps in the video above.
How to Access Keyboard Settings on Android
Step 1: Open your phone’s Settings .
Step 2: Tap the search bar and type “ Language ”.
Step 3: A list of options is going to come up, tap Language and Input .
Step 4: Tap Virtual Keyboard .
Step 5: Select the keyboard you use.
If you know the name or icon of the keyboard, you’re most likely going to see it there. Once you tap it, you’re going to be shown a list of options.
Just like the Gboard way, find where you can turn off the keyboard sound.
You just learned how you can turn off the keyboard sound on your Android phone. Chances are, you don’t like the sound or just don’t want anyone to know you’re busy typing on your phone.
Whatever it is, you’ve learned how to.
Although I only did the Gboard tutorial, if you are unable to access the settings of your other keyboard app, just let me know in the comments and I’ll see how I can help you.
So, if you found the article helpful, don’t hesitate to subscribe to my YouTube Channel . I usually upload videos there before the posts come here.
If you want more tips, tricks, tutorials. Just click here to see everything I’ve made so far.
Talk to you next time.
Objective tone is used when a writer wants to deliver information in a neutral, factual and unbiased way. Objective tones can be achieved by avoiding personal pronouns, judgemental words that may indicate personal feeling and emotive words ...
The tone of William Shakespeare’s “Sonnet 18” is an endearing, deep devotion for a lover. The speaker in the poem emphasizes his adoration of his lover’s lasting beauty that will never fade like beauty found in nature. The lover will live o...
A computer keyboard is a device used to provide alphanumeric input. Typical keyboards are attached to a computer via USB port or wireless signal. Other types of devices utilize on-screen keyboards.
Change how your keyboard sounds & vibrates · On your Android phone or tablet, install Gboard. · Open the Settings app Settings app . · Tap System and then
Change Keypress Sound On Android Phones · 1. Open the Settings app and search for 'Gboard' to open its personalization settings. · 2. Next, tap on
Chapters. View all · Intro · Intro · Intro · Tap on Settings · Tap on Settings · Tap on Settings · Tap on System · Tap on System.
Change how your keyboard sounds & vibrates · First things first, install Gboard on your Android phone or table · Now, open the Settings app · Here
Procedure · Open the Settings app · Tap Language & input. On phones running Android Oreo 8.0 and higher, tap System first · Tap Virtual keyboard · Select Gboard
2. Tap on “Preferences” in Gboard settings. Scroll down and turn off the toggle next to “Sound on keypress.” If you want, you can
Your other option would be to look for 3rd party keyboard apps that have an option to change the keypress tone (sorry, but I'm not aware of
First, head to your settings. Go to Sound, System Sounds, and tap on Other sounds and vibrations. Scroll down to the section named “Touch Sounds
Change the Typing Sound in Samsung Keyboard · Head over to the app drawer and open Samsung Keyboard. · Swipe the menu key and select Settings > Sound > Typing
Why does the Gboard sound different on Oneplus devices compared to other Android devices. ? It sounds so tiny and scratchy when using Gboard with
Step 1: Open your phone's Settings. ... Step 2: Tap the search bar and type “Language”. ... Step 3: A list of options