Areas of research
Budget, taxes and public investment.
EPI’s work on federal fiscal policy analyzes revenues, spending and deficits, but always within the context of the overall economy. EPI believes that the federal budget is the embodiment of our nation’s priorities, but recognizes that the state of budget balance is simply a tool to meet larger economic goals, not an end-goal in itself.
EPI’s research on economic growth assesses how policymaking and economic institutions either help or hinder efforts to insure that the U.S. economy is operating at full employment and to generate sustainable growth in average living standards as rapidly as possible.
EPI documents impacts of social and economic inequality on student achievement, and suggests policies, within school and out, to narrow outcome gaps between middle class and disadvantaged students. EPI research refutes false assumptions behind politically inspired attacks on public education, teachers, and their unions.
EPI’s research in this arena focuses on the role that public investment, regulation, and tax policy play in making the economy more sustainable and equitable.
EPI’s Health Policy Research team analyzes the U.S. health care system through the lens of low- and moderate income families’ living standards, with special attention to employer-sponsored health insurance, the burden of health costs, and disparities in access and outcomes.
EPI proposes reforms that would allow the immigration system to to respond and adjust to the shifting needs of the U.S. labor market while improving wages and safeguarding labor standards for American and immigrant workers.
Inequality and Poverty
As the United States recovers from the Great Recession, EPI’s research in this area examines the increasing levels of economic inequality in connection with decreasing levels of economic mobility and rising levels of poverty.
Jobs and Unemployment
EPI’s thorough research in this area is as critical as ever and focuses on understanding the intricacies and impact of the slow recovery in the U.S. labor market, including our persistent high unemployment, near-record long-term unemployment, mass underemployment, and weak labor force participation.
The minimum wage is a critical labor standard meant to ensure a fair wage for this country’s lowest paid workers. EPI researchers have examined how the minimum wage affects workers and the economy, who benefits from the minimum wage, and how the declining value of the federal minimum wage over time has contributed to the growth in U.S. income inequality.
Race and Ethnicity
EPI’s Program on Race, Ethnicity and the Economy works to advance policies that ensure racial and ethnic minorities participate fully and benefit equitably as workers in the American economy.
Raising America’s Pay
EPI’s efforts to raise the profile of wage issues and generate ideas for stimulating wage growth are overseen by an advisory board of eminent policymakers, academics, policy experts, and civic engagement leaders. See the list of board members .
The debate over the effect of regulatory changes on employment has intensified in the wake of the Great Recession and the still-high levels of unemployment that are its legacy. But assertions that government regulations are holding back the economy ignore the roots of our economy’s problems, namely the collapse of the housing and financial sectors and inadequate demand. EPI research debunks claims that regulations impede job creation, finding that they can create jobs and confer other critical benefits that outweigh costs. This work is critical to fighting attempts to roll back laws that protect the environment and guarantee worker protections.
EPI’s retirement program examines the inequities in the current system and promotes initiatives that protect Social Security and lead to universal, secure and adequate retirement policies.
Trade and Globalization
Trade and globalization policies have major effects on the wages and incomes of American workers and on the vitality of American industries such as manufacturing. EPI research identifies the economic benefits accruing to the nation, states, and congressional districts from negotiating better trade agreements and curbing currency manipulation and other unfair trade practices.
Unions and Labor Standards
Strong unions and employee organizing rights foster a vibrant middle class because the protections, rights, and wages that unions secure affect union and nonunion workers alike. Unfortunately, eroded labor standards, weakening unions, changing norms, guestworker policies that undercut wages, and monetary policies that prioritize controlling inflation over lowering unemployment have helped depress wages and erode living standards for all workers. EPI monitors factors that affect American work lives, including unpaid overtime, wage theft, the minimum wage, immigration laws, and collective bargaining rights.
Wages, Incomes and Wealth
Ensuring that economic growth benefits hard-working Americans in the form of higher wages and rising living standards is the central economic challenge of our time. Unfortunately, wages for most workers grew exceptionally slowly between 1979 and 2012, despite productivity—which essentially measures the economy’s potential for providing rising living standards for all—rising 64 percent. In other words, most Americans, even those with college degrees, are treading water—despite working more productively (and being better educated) than ever. EPI research demonstrates that wage stagnation, weak income growth, and wealth disparities can be traced to policy decisions that have eroded the bargaining power of low- and middle-wage workers.
Sign up to stay informed
New research, insightful graphics, and event invites in your inbox every week.
Track EPI on Twitter
The Study Blog : Research topics
50+ Economics research Topics and Topic Ideas for dissertation
The ultimate goal of economic science is to improve the living conditions of people in everyday lives. Economists study how to utilize the available scarce resources to maximize value and thus profits. The concerns of economics today are largely focused on issues such as opportunity cost, consumption and production, borrowing, saving, investments, occupations and employment, trades markets, pricing and human behavior concerning making economic decisions.
Are tight deadlines, clashing assignments, and unclear tasks giving you sleepless nights?
Do not panic, hire a professional essay writer today.
Given that economics covers a lot of issues in society today coupled with the multitude of research studies within the existing literature, many economics students find it difficult to find the most suitable economic research topic for their undergraduate project, master’s thesis, and dissertations. Technological advancement has also increased the pace of transformation and globalization creating new areas in economics that are worth research. Our economics experts have curated a list of research paper topics in economics that you can use to get the perfect research paper topic.
Micro-Economics Research Topics
Microeconomics deals with the economic behavior of individual isolated units of the economy like an individual, a household, a company, and industry. Micro-economists study factors that influence economic choices, markets and their key elements such as demand and supply and analyze markets and determine the prices for goods and services that best allocate the available limited resources. Some of the best research topics in microeconomics that you can use for your thesis or dissertation include:
1. The effect of income changes on consumer choices
2. The effect of labor force participation on the economy and budget – A comparison
3. The impact of marital status on the labor force composition: A case of [your country] economy
4. The difference in the consumption attitude in [your country] over the last decade – Critical analysis of consumer behavior trends
5. The relationship between salary levels and ‘economic convergence’ in [your country]?
6. Analyzing salary inequalities in [your country] and the forces behind such inequalities.
7. The evolution of consumption in [your country] over the last 10 years: Trends and consumer behavior.
8. Dynamics of the Gini index as a reflection of the problem of inequality in income
9. Cashless economy: The impact of demonetization on small and medium businesses
10 Privatization of Public Enterprises and its implications on economic policy and development
Earn Good Grades Without Breaking a Sweat
✔ We've helped over 1000 students earn better grades since 2017. ✔ 98% of our customers are happy with our service
Macroeconomics Research Topics
1. The relationship between economic growth and unemployment in [your country]
2. Global recession and factors that contribute to it.
3. Impact of government expenditure on economic growth in [country]
4. The impact of company income tax revenue on the developing economies- A comparative analysis of Kenya, India, and Nigeria
5. The relationship between common stock prices and inflation in [your country]
6. The relationship between inflation and government spending in [your country] economy.
7. The effect of currency devaluation on small and medium firms- A case study of selected multinationals in [your country]
8. The relationship between internet connectivity and productivity in the workplace
9. The evolution of the stock market in [your country]: Causes and consequences
10 Unemployment and regional mobility of labor in [your country]
11 A comparison of the United States unemployment to the rest of the world
Research Topics on International Trade
1. The relationship between economic growth and international trade
2. To what extent does a currency union affect trade: A case of the United States
3. What are the gains and losses of international trade for developing countries?
4. Foreign direct investment in the United States: Determinants and impact
5. The effects of the banana crisis on the Jamaican and British economies
6. The impact of Brexit on small and middle businesses in the UK
7. The relationship between foreign direct investment and wages- A comparative analysis of USA and China
8. The roles of exchange rate and exchange rate regime in the US export
9. The importance of international trade in developing countries
10 To what extent are the gains of less developed countries from tradeliberalization exaggerated?
Environmental economics research paper topics
Economic activities such as production have a significant impact on the environment such as pollution and depletion of natural resources. Environmental economics studies these impacts and other environmental issues. Below are some of the best research paper topics in environmental economics.
1. An economic examination of waste disposal programs in the United States
2. Man-made environmental disasters: who bears the economic liability?
3. The economics of land- a comparative analysis of land sharing and land sparing in the United States
4. The impact of waste disposal programs to America’s Environmental Policy: An economic evaluation
5. Water management and conservation policies in the United States and the UK- a comparative analysis
6. The economic implications of climate policy changes because of different climate change assessment mechanisms
7. Investigating the cost of organizational environmental analysis in the United States
8. What are the determinants of climate policy formulation in the United States? An economic scrutiny
9. The economic perspectives of distribution of natural resources across boundaries
10 The impact of technological innovation for clean and green products on the environment
11 The impact of work-life balance on social eco-systems: perspectives from the United States
12 The relationship between financial subsidies and generation of eco-friendly products
Research Paper Topics on Behavioral Economics
Behavioral economics examines the psychology behind economic activities and economic decision making. It examines the limitation of the assumption that individuals are perfectly normal. Good behavioral economics topics cover subjects such as bounded rationality, irrational exuberance, and choice architecture.
1. Inducing choice paralysis: how retailers bury customers in an avalanche of options
2. The behavioral economics of discounting- A case study of amazon
3. Pricing and the decoy effect; how corporations ‘nudge’ consumers to spend more
4. Big data and implications for behavioral economics
5. A study of how the United States market benefitted from behavioral economics theory
6. How has behavioral economics influenced the real-world context? A case of online purchase behavior
7. Weight management through behavioral economics: use of incentives
8. What motivates consumers? A behavioral economics perspective
9. Using behavioral economics to help in reducing substance abuse
10 Addressing lifestyle management for diabetes through behavioral analysis- insights from the US healthcare sector
You may also like: The little secret why your friends are earning better grades
Development Economics research paper topics
1. The impact of multinational commodity trading through the development economic perspective
2. The impact of globalization on income distribution in emerging economies
3. Investigating the relationship between migration and development economics
4. Budgeting and decision making by low-income earners in emerging economics
5. Investigating the relationship between family planning, labor force, and income fluctuations
6. The impact of natural disasters on development in emerging economies
7. The impact of population growth on development economics- review of India
8. The determinants of high performing institutions in emerging economies
9. Comparative economic patterns of villages across Virginia
10 Aid and economic growth of developing economies- a review
The little secret why your friends are earning better grades.
Hire an Expert from our write my essay service and start earning good grades.
Can Someone Write My Paper for Me Online? Yes, We Can!
Six Proven ways to cheat Turnitin with Infographic
Understanding Philosophy of Nursing: Complete Guide With Examples
50+ Collection of the Most Controversial Argumentative Essay Topics
20+ Interesting Sociology research topics and Ideas for Your Next Project
RAISE YOUR HAND IF YOU ARE TIRED OF WRITING COLLEGE PAPERS!
Hire a professional academic writer today.
Each paper you order from us is of IMPECCABLE QUALITY and PLAGIARISM FREE
Use code PPH10 to get 10% discount. Terms and condition apply.
Ready to hire a professional essay writer?
Each paper you receive from us is plagiarism-free and will fetch you a good grade. We are proud to have helped 10,000+ students achieve their academic dreams. Enjoy our services by placing your order today.
Write my paper
Do my assignment
Essay writing help
Research paper help
College homework help
Essay writing guide
College admission essay
Writing a research paper
Paper format for writing
Terms & conditions
Copyright © 2017 Paper Per Hour. All rights reserved.
View the Entrepreneurship Working Group page.
Microeconomics, macroeconomics, international economics, financial economics, public economics, health, education, and welfare, labor economics, industrial organization, development and growth, environmental and resource economics, regional and urban economics, more from nber.
In addition to working papers , the NBER disseminates affiliates’ latest findings through a range of free periodicals — the NBER Reporter , the NBER Digest , the Bulletin on Retirement and Disability , the Bulletin on Health , and the Bulletin on Entrepreneurship — as well as online conference reports , video lectures , and interviews .
130 Excellent Economics Research Topics for you to Consider
Table of Contents
What are Economics Research Topics?
Despite your expertise in economics, yet you might struggle to find suitable economics research topics for your dissertations. Besides, exploring topics on the internet might also not serve as a feasible option, instead, it will consume your time. Also, you might spend several hours and land up getting absolutely nothing.
Of course, the final objective of economics is to improve the living conditions of people in their daily lives. Accordingly, economists, study how to use scarce resources to optimize their value and thereby increase profit. Currently, the economics subject focuses on opportunity costs, production, consumption, trade markets, employment, investment, and pricing, and consumer behaviour.
How to use Economics Research Topics?
Selecting economics research topics is not a simple task for most of the students working on their dissertations. Besides, you might have to choose a narrow topic for exploring and analyzing it to the core. However, don’t make it too narrow as then you will have an access to limited information only. Nevertheless, if your topic is too broad, it might create difficulties for the students to complete it extensively.
Simultaneously, you might read the guidelines given below to choose the best economics research topics for your assignments.
- Firstly, understand your subject and according determine if the topic is related to your study area or not. Also, you might consider, if you possess the capacity to manage the topic selected for your dissertation.
- Secondly, ensure that the topic seems interesting to you and is appropriate for your knowledge.
- Thirdly, analyze your topic’s scope, as you need to write a detailed essay or even a dissertation on it.
- Lastly, you might need to consider your professor’s instruction regarding your topic selection keeping you on the right track.
How to write Economics Research Topics?
Besides, writing an economic paper is not the same as writing any other type of research paper . Instead, it is technical and the fundamental goal is to attain clarity. Also, focus on making your presentation clear as this might add power to your underpinning analysis and improve your research quality. Alternatively, writing a good economics research paper requires a deep understanding of the literature.
- Generally, economists use the initial paragraphs to develop their research questions. Besides, they even identify and elaborate on the model they have used to develop their research questions.
- Subsequently, you might arrange your arguments by developing a draft, defining significant terms, and avoiding redundancy. Also, mention your hypothesis and move deductively towards your conclusion.
- Accordingly, review and edit your research paper, until your paper seems easy to read and understand. Furthermore, ensure to make use of a mathematical language to write quality economic assignments.
- Finally, focus on your deadline and ensure the timely completion of your assignments to ensure success. Poor time management might even ruin the well-planned essay, so organize and submit on time.
List Of Economics Research Topics
Easy economics research topics.
- Income changes and consumer choices- Discuss the impact.
- Elaborate on the fiscal policy.
- How does a bank create its exchange rate?
- Profit maximization and its achievement.
- Rare resources and their significance.
- What is economic forecasting entails?
- Discuss the significant ethical rules in an economy.
- Elaborate on three opportunity costs.
- Privatization- Advantages and disadvantages.
- Impact of war on both sides economies of a conflict.
- The influence of a smoking ban on the economy.
- Free health care services in the United States- Is it justified?
- Analyze the impact of acute diseases on the workforce as well as the economies.
- Describe the significance of health insurance.
- Revenue collection in public hospitals- Elaborate.
Simple and Basic Economics Research Topics
- The influence of excellent completion in the pharmaceutical industry.
- How does an unhealthy nation transform into a poor nation?
- The pharmaceutical industry and its economies.
- Impact of the COVID-19 on the economy of the United States
- Impact of financial crisis (2007-2008) on the global economy
- Importance of foreign aid in the development finance institutions
- Discuss the trade models with heterogeneous firms, productivity growth and trade gravity
- Compare and contrast the macroeconomic policies of the United States and India
- Critical analysis of consumer behaviour trends and their impact on a country’s economy
- Analyze the relationship between salary levels and ‘economic convergence’ in the United States
- Pros and cons of the Cashless economy
- Discuss the Monetary policy and Supply-side policies
- Distinguish between Monetary policy and Fiscal policy
- Discuss how Microeconomic policies impact a country’s economy
- Impact of depression and recession
Economics Research Topics for Exam
- Discuss how inflation and interest rate impact a country’s economy
- Comparative analysis between price elasticity and demand elasticity
- What are the factors of supply and demand?
- Discuss the concept of market equilibrium
- Causes of consumer inflation in China
- The Matthew effect and social investment
- Discuss the trade models with heterogeneous firms, productivity growth, and trade gravity
- Discuss the relationship between salary levels and ‘economic convergence’ in the United States
- Compare and contrast between the evolution of consumption in the United States and China over the past two decades
- What is called Cashless economy
- Discuss the impact of on small and medium businesses
- What is the difference between income and consumption in the context of the demand and supply graph?
- What is the influence of increase in prices on supply?
- What is the influence of increase in prices on demand?
- Development economics and aid effectiveness.
High-Quality Economics Research Topics
- Trade policies and public economics.
- Impact of public enterprises’ privatization on economic policy and development
- Analyze the relationship between unemployment and economic growth in South African countries
- Discuss the impact of inflation and deflation on interest rates and consumption
- Compare and contrast Neoclassical, Marxian, and Keynesian theories of economics
- How is financial wellbeing responsible for a person’s happiness?
- Gender and the buying potential.
- The economy of trust and its impact on Uber.
- How money relates to a person’s happiness?
- The influence of economic stability on the social life of a person.
- Economic power and the race.
- Per household economic analysis- Discuss the concept.
- A person striking a good deal- How does their brain change?
- Market concepts and understanding of competition.
- Production costs and profit- A comprehensive analysis.
Good Economics Research Topics
- Analyze the functioning of a stock market.
- Microeconomics- A balance in demand and supply.
- Inflation sources and their impact.
- Perfect competition in microeconomics.
- Total demand and supply- Understanding the microeconomics.
- The impact of unemployment on microeconomics.
- Environment regulation and the cost-benefit analysis.
- Economic growth and technological advancements.
- Discuss the economic theory of entrepreneurship
- Discuss the pros and cons of risk pooling
- How demand and supply of normal, necessary, luxury and inferior goods changes due to inflation?
- Compare and contrast between Marshall equilibrium and Walras equilibrium
- Advantages and disadvantages of fixed and circulating capital economics
- Losses from monopoly: Theory and practice
- Brief discussion on perfect competition, monopoly market, monopolistic competition, and oligopoly market
Unique Economics Research Topics
- Theory of Economic Growth and FDI (Foreign Direct Investment)
- Public economics and International Trade policies
- How subsidies and taxes impact market equilibrium?
- Discuss the importance of Cobb-Douglas production function in economics
- Critical analysis of Gossen’s laws of economics
- Discuss the dynamics of the Gini index as a reflection of the problem related to income inequality
- Discuss the reasons behind global economic recession
- Economic impact of Brexit on the SMEs (small and medium enterprises) in the United Kingdom
- Provide a comparative analysis on the relationship between wages and FDI (foreign direct investment) of the United States and China
- Stock market in India: Evolution, causes, and consequences
- What is the difference between the fiscal and monetary policies?
- What do you mean by budgets, taxes as well as public investment?
- How does economic growth influences the policymaking as well as economic institutes?
- What does green economics mean?
- What does inequality and race indicates in economics?
Read more topic: Top 150 Microeconomics research paper topics: Pick a fantastic topic
Economics Research Topics for the Experts
- Waste management is a rare resource.
- Discuss the economic potential of the energy market.
- Impact of global warming on economic growth.
- The influence of wildlife protection on the economy.
- Discuss the effects of the greenhouse on economic growth.
- Clean drinking water analysis and its significance.
- Beneficial human insights missing in big data and influence economic development.
- World hunger and the economy.
- Labor force engagement in budgeting and economy- A comparative analysis.
- Critically analyze the consumer behavior trends in your country.
- Examine the salary inequalities in your country and the drivers behind such inequalities.
- The influence of demonetization on small and medium companies.
- Analyze the dynamics of the Gini index, reflecting the income inequality issue.
- Internet connectivity and productivity- Explain their connectivity at workplaces.
- How global supply chain network influenced global economy?
Top most Economics Research Topics for college students
- What is called price ceiling in market and how it impact economy?
- Theory of firm under perfect competition
- Implicit and explicit costs and accounting and economic profit
- Is Mcdonald’s and KFC are monopolistic competition?
- Difference between consumer equilibrium and market equilibrium
- Investigating the economic impact of long-term unemployment
- The rate at which the US Federal Reserve is reducing its balance sheet.
- The Great Recession: Still Fighting Poverty
- The benefits and drawbacks of immigrant workers to the US economy
- Industrialization in the United States: Causes and Consequences
- What are the consequences of free health insurance: a case study?
- Car import tariffs in Ukraine 9. The future of the sustainable economy: managerial approaches
- Theoretical and Practical Aspects of Perfect Competition
- The impact of economic inequality on student learning outcomes
Trending Economics Research Topics for college students
- How does the economy affect the social aspects of the United States?
- The role of economic stakeholders in change-making
- Economic functions include production, consumption, and distribution.
- What are the president’s responsibilities in terms of the economy?
- Economic success factors in the twenty-first century
- A qualitative investigation into the role of macroeconomic policies in microeconomics
- A case study on how to determine a growing economy
- The macroeconomics of the United States following the 2008 economic crisis
- The relationship between technological progress and economic growth
- Major trends in the US economy
Final Notes- Economics Research Topics
Thus, you might have understood that writing economics research papers, might appear a cumbersome task. However, if you have the subject knowledge and adequate writing skills, most likely you will fare well in your assignments. Also, if the idea is still not convincing, call our Economics assignment help experts and enjoy good scoring assignments.
R vs. Stata: Which One is the Best For Data Science?
150 Outstanding Big Data Research Topics for Every Student to Explore
198 Captivating Social Issues Topics for Essay or Research Paper
Comments are closed.
- Featured Posts
Top 140 Bioethics Topics To Consider For Writing a Research Paper
160 excellent business essay topics and ideas to focus on, how to write a reflective essay, different types of essay formats- mla, apa, and chicago, apa vs. mla: learn the major differences between the citation styles, top 152 cybercrime research topics for students to consider, an understanding of the language features and structural features, 150+ fabulous criminology dissertation ideas for you to consider, 153 fantastic narrative essay topics for you to explore and consider, 100 motivational quotes for students to succeed in academic life, get help instantly.
Raise Your Grades with Great Assignment Help
Economic Research Paper Topics
Table of Contents
Each scientific branch provides a wide field of research, allowing everyone to find something special by expanding the work created by other scientists. What is more, you can even make unique discoveries, significantly enriching both your store of knowledge and skills and at the same time the treasury of scientific research as a whole.
In this context, it is very significant to choose the idea to which the work will be devoted. The latter may seem like a complicated task in the context of a large amount of economic research paper topics . However, there is always that area of scientific knowledge in which you are most interested.
It is also quite common when a student is doing a large study that takes up several academic papers. Thanks to this, you can develop the ability to express your point of view and synthesize the received information. At the same time, this type of work gives an ability to correctly allocate time and tasks, breaking an enormous assignment into smaller fragments.
How to Select the Best Economic Research Paper Topic?
As highlighted in the previous paragraph, plenty of fascinating economic research paper topics can confuse the student and prevent him from focusing on conducting a comprehensive study of a narrow issue. Now that there are dozens of books on hundreds of articles on each topic and subtopic, it is not easy to achieve this sense of coverage.
On the other hand, a wide variety of ideas can change the perception of economics as a boring scientific industry into an exciting and vibrant one. There are many approaches to choosing a suitable topic. Sometimes the assignment is to select one idea from a long bright list, while in other situations, it is necessary to find the topic yourself.
- You shouldn’t try to pick a topic that you haven’t encountered before. Of course, self-development is a significant part of life, but working from scratch will make an already long and complicated task much more difficult. For this reason, it is necessary to combine personal interest and scientific novelty.
- You can try different tricks posted on the Internet or ask your friends for advice. At the same time, a professor, or supervisor can give more meaningful recommendations since they have much more experience in the scientific environment and can give an objective assessment of your success.
75 Best Economic Research Paper Topics
A good topic is essentially a key to the success of all subsequent work. Before dwelling on one particular issue that you want to cover in the essay, it is possible to choose a broader area.
Below are magnificent topics for economic research papers, each of which has its special characteristics and gives an idea of one or another part of the global phenomenon. This is quite interesting and informative since many of these ideas are interdisciplinary, expanding the horizons and improving the student’s abilities.
At the same time, it is necessary to note that you can start by covering a broader topic and not change it for a while. After finishing a few stages of the writing, it will become more and more narrow, allowing you to stop at the best option and achieve the desired results.
25 current economic research paper topics
- The entertainment industry in the global economy : current trends and development prospects.
- Modern economic growth: sources, factors, quality.
- On the issue of changing the socio-economic priority of the development of a city.
- The digital economy and its role in the management of modern socio-economic relations.
- The role of innovation in the modern economy.
- Institutional Model of the American Economy: Retrospective and Modern Vector of Development.
- Formation of the modern macroeconomic cycle from the standpoint of global trends in economic development.
- Mathematical model of the medium-term economic cycle and the current global crisis.
- A modern view of the organizational and economic mechanism of enterprise management.
- Constitutional Foundations of the Economic System of Japan Today.
- Economic crisis and bankruptcy of enterprises.
- Innovation and improving the competitiveness of the national economy.
- Modern economic problems of nature management.
- Human capital in the economy of modern Europe: problems of formation and implementation.
- The banking system in the modern economy.
- Factors and conditions contributing to the growth of threats to the economic security of the regional economy.
- Trends in the development of the digital economy in modern Asia.
- The economic crisis of our time and derivative financial instruments.
- Modern economic analysis and forecasting.
- Financial analysis: modern tools for making economic decisions.
- Systemic economics as a platform for the development of modern economic theory.
- Innovation and Alternatives in the Modern Economy.
- Modern economic diplomacy.
- Transnational corporations in modern international economic relations.
- An economic view of a modern university.
25 good economics research paper topics
- Deviant personality behavior: social and psychological characteristics.
- Game marketing or a new form of interactive marketing communications.
- Islamic banks through the prism of the development of ethical finance and banks.
- Relations between the state and the church in the theory of religious economics.
- Bank as a participant and user of digital finance.
- Cryptocurrencies and the electronic economy.
- Interaction of banks and insurance companies in the system of ensuring the economic security of the financial market.
- Opportunities for the development of public catering in the context of the financial market crisis.
- Fast food restaurant revenue forecasting models.
- Hotel and restaurant management.
- Development of an economic business game in the distance learning system.
- Gamification as a modern marketing tool.
- Economic mainstream and value: on positivism in economic theory.
- Moral economics and moral politics.
- Populism as a fragmentary ideology and manipulation technology.
- Critical consumer resources as a global governance tool.
- Interbudgetary relations from the standpoint of the principles of Islamic economics.
- Neoclassical economic theory as an organizational weapon (on the ideological basis of the global financial crisis).
- The impact of digital technologies on financial management in the restaurant business.
- Features of the financial system of New Zealand.
- Balanced management technologies.
- Quality of life in old and senile age: problematic issues.
- Economic analysis of real investments.
- The ideology of advertising and the way to manipulate the masses.
- Stabilization of the foreign exchange and financial market as a prerequisite for the transition to sustainable development.
25 interesting economic research paper topics
- Modern problems of ecology and economics.
- Social laws and the role of man in modern economic development.
- Logistics and modern economics.
- Development of the economic accentuation of the personality from the standpoint of psychoanalysis in the modern economic space.
- The business game is an effective method of teaching economic disciplines.
- Economic growth and social inequality are global problems of our time.
- Trust is a factor in the functioning and development of a modern market economy.
- Modern University as a Driver of Economic Growth: Models and Missions.
- Ethnocultural traditions and innovations in economic psychology.
- Authentic video materials as a means of developing the socio-cultural competence of students of economic specialties.
- Blockchain: basic concepts and role in the digital economy.
- New rules of the game in conditions of economic turbulence.
- The religion of money or the cure for the market economy.
- World Crisis: Economics and Sociology of Global Processes.
- Consumption as a discourse.
- Impulsive consumption in psychology and economics: differentiation of approaches and their integration within the framework of economic psychology.
- Technologies for the use of educational video in the training of specialists in the economic field.
- Application of the game theory method for solving economic problems.
- The evolution of marketing communications in the context of the transformation of consumer markets.
- Economics of Fashion: Reality or a Play on Words.
- Socio-psychological model of economic behavior during the crisis.
- The experience economy will lift restaurants out of the crisis.
- Short-term and long-term financial policy.
- Sociology of Consumption: Basic Approaches.
- Economy and finance of the USSR during the Second World War.
Economic Research Paper Ideas From EssayWriter.org
There are times when a student is too confused about the choice of one of the wide variety of economic research paper topics and, as a result, constantly postpones a tedious task in the study of which he is not interested. In addition, many other concerns prevent you from focusing on getting the work done.
Our company will be helpful in any situation. Economic research paper experts can quickly and easily cope with any task. You can also provide us with a choice of topics and work on all possible nuances.
Make sure there's no plagiarism in your paper
Write your essays better and faster with free samples
Generate citations for your paper free of charge
110 Economics Essay Topics You Can Explore in Your Research
Updated 14 Dec 2022
Economics is one of the most important social sciences. As it discusses and studies the flow of value in our society, it impacts almost every aspect of our lives. It can also be effectively used to improve our modern society.
The list of economic essay topics is endless – the field focuses on multiple areas of human interactions on different scales. Choosing one of the economics topics for an essay relevant to your task and interesting to research can be hard. That’s why we’re here to help you.
💡 Tips for Choosing Interesting Economics Topics
Let’s review the main steps you can take to make the selection of topic ideas easier for you:
- Select the relevant field of study – economics is a broad field, so it is often divided into several subcategories, including micro- and macroeconomics, social economics, and many more. If you want to select relevant economics paper topics, first you need to determine the field you’re focusing on;
- Find something interesting to you – even the most interesting topics will not make for a good essay if they are not delivered well enough. Find something that you’re interested in learning more about and focus on economics essay questions connected to it;
- Make sure there are enough trustworthy data sources on the subject – like many other social studies, economics is often manipulated to prove a point or an agenda. Make sure the sources you use are relevant and trustworthy;
- Ensure you can keep the reader engaged – if most of your research will consist of raw data, it will most likely not be interesting to read. Make sure that the topic you choose is interesting and engaging enough for you to grasp the reader’s attention.
Among the main topics you can discuss in economics research are:
- Fundamental economics, cost to benefit analysis, and importance of decision-making;
- Macroeconomics, supply, and demand;
- Microeconomics, market structure, and strategies, competition;
- International economics, trade, market, and more;
- Personal economics, spending habits, personal investment;
- Social economics, class structure, the cultural impact of economics.
📈 List of Economics Essay Topics
These general topics explore the specifics of the field, its difference from other studies, and relevant questions in the modern state of this science.
- Happiness Is More Important Than Money: An Essay
- Threat of Sustained Inflation Growth in the Near Term
- Money and Happiness: An Essay
- Poverty, Illiteracy and Unemployment, or Why Does Education Matter? Essay
- Eurozone Crisis: Causes and Consequences
- Karl Marx and His View of Class Relations Under Capitalism
- Major Participants in the Indian Stock Market
- Surveillance Capitalism: An Essay
- The Importance of Fair and Equitable Compensation
- Essay on Effective Money Management
- Justifying the Fairness of Price Gouging Using Ethical Theories
- Assessing the Ethics of Price Gouging During the Covid-19 Pandemic
- Adoption of the Euro: Pros and Cons
- Pros and Cons of Raising the Minimum Wage
- What Distinguishes Money from Other Assets in the Economy?
- The Benefits of Raising the Minimum Wage: An Essay
- How Did Industrialization Change the Social Class Structure?
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Industrialization for American Society
- Credit Card as an Incredible Game Changer
- Choosing a Career Based on Money or Passion: An Essay
Essay Examples Relevant to Economics
- Minimum Wage
🌎 World Economics Essay Questions
- The Economic Effect Of Hosting Sports Mega-Events In Developing Countries
- The Problem of Political, Social and Economic Inequality in the Modern World
- The Economics Of The Olympic Games
- Third-world economics and how it can be boosted
- Economics of the globalized world
- Cultural economics: the importance of preserving the heritage of our world
- The impact of institutional economics
- The subject of world trade and its evolution
- World food systems: the economics of agriculture
- Overexploitation in the modern world economics
Essay Examples Relevant to World Economics
- Competitive Sports
- Economic Inequality
- Olympic Games
📊 Macroeconomics Essay Topics
Macroeconomics deals with economic systems as a whole. It is extremely important to discuss, as it can help to learn more about how well the system is performing and what can be done to improve it.
- The Impact of Macroeconomic Factors on Apple and the iPhone
- The Impact of the Covid-19 Pandemic on the Australian Economy
- The Importance of Studying Macroeconomics by Ordinary People
- Elements Influencing the Business Environment, Supply and Demand
- Impact of the Coronavirus Crisis Through Microeconomic and Macroeconomic Concepts
- Venezuela’s Macroeconomic Crisis of 2015-2019
- Overview of the Brazilian Economy
- Reflections on Whether Macroeconomics Needs Microfoundations
- Macroeconomic Trends and Their Impact on the Life of the Average Person
- Macroeconomics and Its Rationale in the Context of the Russian Federation
Essay Examples Relevant to Macroeconomics
📉 Microeconomics Essay Topics
Microeconomics, on the other hand, deals with the economy on an individual scale. Discussing the importance of personal decision making and how it impacts the system is actually just as important as paying attention to the large scale, so let’s take a look at the topics you can explore:
- Microeconomics and Its Main Functions
- Microeconomics and Business Management
- What I Learned in Microeconomics? Essay
- Models and Structures of Microeconomics and Their Usefulness for Public Policy Implementation
- The microeconomics look on the insurance industry
- Public and private relationships in microeconomics
- Potential evolution of microeconomics
- Microeconomics of migration
- Industrial organization
- Microeconomics on violent conflict territories
Essay Examples Relevant to Microeconomics
🏥 Healthcare Economics Essay Topics
- Role of Cost-Benefit and Cost-Effectiveness in Health Sector
- The Peculiarities Of Behavioral Economics
- Economics of complicated healthcare systems: resources and talent
- Economics of personalized healthcare
- Patient profitability: economics and ethics
- Healthcare logistics and economic problems
- Correlation between healthcare economics and patient satisfaction
- Economics of drug development
- Healthcare economics in emergency situations
- Economics of mental healthcare
Essay Examples Relevant to Healthcare Economics
- Cost Benefit
Consumerism Essay Topics
- Does Consumerism Lead To Happiness?
- Children Manipulative Consumerism On Media
- Advertising Effects On Consumerism: The Ways To Avoid Manipulation
- Negative Consequences Of Fashion Consumerism On Environment
- The Motif Of Consumerism in The Works Of Edward Albee And Andy Warhol
- The Relationships Between Advertising And Consumerism In The Super Bowl
- The Impact of Consumerism and Materialism on Modern American Society
- Reflections on How Materialism Led to the Development of a Two-Dimensional Society
- Sociological view on consumerism
- Boycott in the age of consumerism
Essay Examples Relevant to Consumerism
- Stress Management
💰 Finance Paper Topics
- A look at the field of e-finance
- Specifics of the corporate finance
- Personal finance management
- Behavioral aspects of finance
- Legal aspects of public and corporate finance
- Alternative finance: models with the most potential
- The role of culture in financial methods and approaches
- Rural and urban finance
- The importance of investments
- Examples of instability in finance
Essay Examples Relevant to Finance
- Corporate Finance
✏️ Socio-Economic Essay Topics
- Socio-economic Affirmative Action
- Drug Addiction's Socio-Economic Impact
- Feudalism as a Socio-Economic System in Medieval Europe
- Socio-Economic Systems of the Ottoman Empire
- Socio-Economic Burden on Schizophrenia Patients
- Facebook and Its Socioeconomic Impact
- Socio-Economic Consequences Of Human Trafficking
- A Critical Look at the Blockchain Revolution and Its Socio-Economic Impact
- Decomposing Socio-Economic Inequalities in Nutritional Status among Siblings: Impact of Birth Order
- The Socio-Economic Consequences of the Great Depression and the Dust Bowl
Essay Examples Relevant to Socio-Economic
- Affirmative Action
- Gender Equality
📖 Economic History Topics
- America's Social, Political, and Economic Rise in the Late 1800s and Early 1900s
- Slavery and Its Impact on American Economic Growth
- The Great Depression as the Largest Tragic Event in US History
- The Problem of Economic Security and Oppression of People in the XXI century
- Unemployment History behind Fiscal Policies: Analysis of New Deal Impact
- Women Equality: History, Discrimination And Challenges
- Critical Analysis of Economic Consequences of the Great Depression
- The Reasons Of East Asian Economic Miracle
- Cultural And Economic Background Of Child Labor In India
- Analytical Essay on the Positive and Negative Impacts of Industrial Revolution
Essay Examples Relevant to Economic History
- Progressive Era
- The New Deal
- Industrial Revolution
- Great Depression
💲 Tax Topics for an Essay
- Tax System And Its Principles
- Tax Avoidance Law And Its Effects
- Sales Tax On Newspaper In India
- Taxation: Types, Purpose And Importance
- Strategies For The Improvement Of Property Tax Collection In Tanzania
Essay Examples Relevant to Tax
- Effective Leadership
Human Development Essay Topics
- Essay on Human Resource Development and the Impact of Globalization on It
- Essay on Stages of Human Development
- Human Development from a Biological, Cognitive and Psychosocial Perspective
- The Importance of Human Development
- Essay on Human Development Theories
Essay Examples Relevant to Human Development
- Human Development
- Human Resources
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback, related blog posts, the most impressive social issues topics for essay or paper.
If you want to write an effective and engaging controversial essay, you definitely need to take into consideration the best social issue topics or ...
Beginners Guide on International Relations Essay Topics
Students who decide to study International Relations can help significantly in managing politics when they finish their studies. Choosing the right...
Receive regular updates, discounts, study guides and more
You have subscribed to EduBirdie news.
Thanks for subscribing!
Check your inbox to verify your email.
- How It Works
- Write my homework
- Sociology assignments
- Excel homework
- Online exam help
- Take my online class
- Online test help
- Java homework
- Hire a nerd
- Python homework
- Science homework
- C++ homework
- Case study assignment
- Matlab homework
- Math assignments
- Algebra homework
- Geometry homework
- Chemistry assignments
- Physics assignments
- Statistics homework
- Programming Assignment
- Linguistics assignments
- History assignments
- Economics assignments
- Accounting homework
- Computer science assignments
- English assignments
- Finance assignments
- Homework answers
- Biology assignments
- Homework tips
- Buy assignment
- Do my homework for money
- Solve my homework
- Assignment writer
- College homework help
- Academic subjects
- Nursing assignment
- Psychology homework
- Literature assignment
- Trigonometry homework
- Marketing assignment
- Engineering assignment
- Business homework
- Calculus homework
- Law assignment
- Assignment writing service
- Discussion board post
- Best homework help websites
100 Best Economics Research Topics
Are you having a hard time coming up with economics research topics for a short or long project? It can certainly be difficult to find a research idea that interests both you and your reading audience. This article provides you with 100 fresh research topics for economics to fit any assignment. They cover a wide variety of discipline areas, so you are sure to find something that works for you. After picking a topic, start writing the paper and don’t forget about a strong research statement based on the topic.
Table of Contents
Good economics research topics for all students, health economics research topics, environmental economics research topics, economics topics for research for a short project, behavioral economics research topics, simple research topics in economics, general research paper topics in economics, economics research topics for undergraduates, economics research paper for college students, interesting research topic in economics, modern economics topics for research paper, current topics for economics research paper, economics research topics list for grad students, economics research paper topics for a short project, best research topics in economics.
- Describe the way thought history in economics has changed in the last 50 years.
- How does demand affect the way companies hire to provide products and services?
- How have small businesses been impacted by the current pandemic?
- How important are KPIs to small businesses and entrepreneurship?
- Explain how consumer behavior affects the way companies utilize social media.
- How has social media changed the way companies invest in marketing?
- Does outsourcing jobs help domestic economies rebuild during recessions?
- How was early life in the American west affected by socioeconomic and health factors?
- How do prior health conditions affect the way insurance companies decide who to cover?
- Explain how adult health can be impacted by the onset of an economic depression.
- How is health related to economic health among lower-income communities?
- How does child health impact the economies of developing nations?
- How have the G7 nations been impacted by the Covid-19 global pandemic?
- How do government bailouts affect small businesses that can’t pay their employees?
- What should governments do to improve local economies?
- How does the protection of wildlife improve a nation’s economy?
- Does religion contribute the national economies?
- How does an increase in income affect consumer choices?
- How does marital status affect the way employers make their hires?
- What is the relationship between salary levels and international relations?
- In what ways does outsourcing reduce operational costs?
- How did BREXIT affect smaller businesses in the United Kingdom?
- How does the environment affect how the U.S. does international business?
- What are the benefits of utilizing social media in microeconomics?
- Provide a case study for how companies have survived product-related scandals.
- How do businesses benefit from providing Covid-19 updates to their client bases?
- Does the return of professional sports put the U.S. economy at further risk?
- What are the biggest issues with using heuristics as a problem-solving method?
- Describe the most common problems of the bias in behavioral finance.
- How can people’s behavior be influenced by national economic factors?
- Describe how psychology factors into local economies.
- How to make economic predictions utilizing behavioral data.
- How do marketers utilizing consumer data to make financial decisions?
- How do student loans negatively impact the U.S. economy?
- What are the major differences between short term and long term economic growth?
- How does the legalization of marijuana in your state impact economic growth?
- How will artificial intelligence and robotics affect the future of economics?
- Explain whether or not economics can be considered an experimental science.
- Provide an analysis of a low-income economy and explain whether or not it will grow.
- How did the 2008 economic crisis in Iceland impact global financial markets?
- Should credit card companies require people under the age of 21 to take economics courses before they qualify?
- Explain the history of economic science in the 20th century.
- Describe the economic equilibrium that exists between demand and supply.
- What role do monopolies play in domestic and international markets?
- Explain the relationship between government debts and revenues.
- Analyze two different pricing models for company assets.
- What are the short-term and long-term costs of production?
- How does creativity help the economic outlook of a company?
- In what ways do seasonal changes affect domestic economies?
- How are renewable energy companies affecting the way people invest?
- In what ways does the natural world affect domestic and international economies?
- Write a case study for how environmental factors affect small businesses’ revenues?
- What are the biggest challenges of instituting universal health care to the economy?
- How does the increase in overall poor health among Americans impact the economy?
- How do companies struggle when they attempt to use more natural resources?
- Explain how nature has suffered the most by the onset of industrialized economies.
- What is the best strategy for improving the profitability of mid-size businesses?
- How do smaller companies compete against larger companies in today’s economy?
- How can small businesses continue to pay employees during the current pandemic?
- How does a company’s advertising style influence purchase/sale decisions?
- What do companies with no sale policies do to the U.S. economy?
- What are the biggest challenges in advertising that can lead to a company’s closure?
- How is supply affected by communication tactics used by social media specialists?
- How do businesses change their pricing strategies to help revive the local economy?
- Select a market system and outline the biggest factors that can negatively affect it.
- What impact does purchase local produce have on restaurants?
- How does the purchase of locally manufactured goods help other businesses thrive?
- How do pricing strategies affective pricing wars between competitors?
- How do banks set international exchange rates during times of recession?
- What is the process that goes behind making economic forecasts?
- Describe how the U.S.’s market structure works compared to the U.K.s.
- Compare and contrast the various methodologies that go into microeconomics.
- What are the positives and negatives of privatized utilities?
- What impact does war have on the economies of all the nations involved?
- What are the effects of the U.S. current fiscal policies on its people?
- Analyze the current U.S. economy as it has been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- How does the valuation of stocks work differently in the U.S. and Japanese markets?
- What is meant when economists use the term “perfect competition”?
- Compare and contrast implicit costs and explicit costs and how they relate to opportunities.
- What are the major reasons behind the most common market failures and can we prevent them?
- Should the United States focus on protecting small businesses more than large companies?
- What are the most important factors behind game theory in economics?
- How does limiting availability of commodities help boost local economies?
- Why are large companies in the U.S. constantly being bailed out economically?
- What impact did the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 have on the U.S. economy?
- How has the market success in European and Asian countries benefited from IMF policies?
- Which is the best way to implement the Laffer Curve to modern-day economics?
- How do banks work differently in the U.S. compared to other parts of the world?
- What are the biggest factors that led to cryptocurrency’s financial failure in the U.S.?
- Examine your state’s budget deficit and provide different strategies to improve the financial gap.
- Would adding restrictions to labor organizations improve economic standards in the U.S.?
- What is the most effective way of implementing neoliberal reforms across the United States?
- What were the major factors leading to the global financial crisis of the late 2000s?
- What are the main models of regulating economies in foreign nations and how do they impact international relationships?
- How is the U.S. economy affected by patent wars between two or more similar companies?
- What impact do small businesses have on the U.S. economy and how can we protect them?
- How does e-commerce help or damage the U.S. economy in today’s recession?
- What impact does illegal immigration have on the U.S. economy?
- Should the U.S. move to a salary or a merit-based only economy or keep hourly wages for some jobs?
- How are prices impacted by consumers’ abilities to make purchases during states’ closures?
In addition to this economics research topics list, we can provide you with several resources instructing you on how to choose a great topic and write an excellent paper. Our support staff is available 24/7 and can be reached by chat, email, or phone. Don’t start your economics research without first contacting us for assignment assistance . We look forward to hearing from you and are always glad to help you with all of your academic needs.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
As Putin continues killing civilians, bombing kindergartens, and threatening WWIII, Ukraine fights for the world's peaceful future.
134 Economics Thesis Topics: Ideas for Outstanding Writing
Writing a thesis is not an easy task. For most of the students, it can be even intimidating, especially when you do not know where to start your research.
Here, we have provided an economics thesis topics list. After all, everyone knows that choosing the right idea is crucial when writing an academic paper. In economics, it can combine history, math, social studies, politics, and numerous other subjects. You should also have solid foundations and a sound factual basis for a thesis. Without these elements, you won’t be able to master your research paper.
The issue is:
It is not always clear what could be seen as an excellent economics thesis topic. Our experts can assist you with this challenge. This list contains some outstanding examples to get you started.
- ⭐ Thesis in Economics
- 🔥 Supreme Thesis Topics
- 👍 Bachelor’s Thesis
- 😲 Master’s Thesis
- 🤔 Developmental
- 👨💼 Behavioral
- 💼 Financial
- 🌱 Agricultural
- 🤝 Sociology
- 📚 Ph.D. Topics
- 📝 How to Pick a Topic
⭐ What Does a Thesis in Economics Look Like?
A good thesis in economics is a blend between an empirical paper and a theoretical one. One of the essential steps in choosing a topic in economics is to decide which one you will write.
You may write, research, analyze statistical data and other information. Or build and study a specific economic model.
Or why not both!
Here are some questions you can ask when deciding what topic to choose:
- What has already been written on this topic?
- What economic variables will my paper study?
- Where should I look for the data?
- What econometrics techniques should I use?
- What type of model will I study?
The best way to understand what type of research you have to do is to write a thesis proposal. You will most probably be required to submit it anyway. Your thesis supervisor will examine your ideas, methods, list of secondary and primary sources. At some universities, the proposal will be graded.
After you get the initial feedback, you will have a clear idea of what to adjust before writing your thesis. Only then, you’ll be able to start.
🔥 Supreme Economics Thesis Topics List
- Fast fashion in India.
- The UK housing prices.
- Brexit and European trade.
- Behavioral economics.
- Healthcare macroeconomics.
- COVID-19’s economic impact.
- Global gender wage gap.
- Commodity dependence in Africa.
- International trade – developing countries.
- Climate change and business development.
👍 Economics Bachelor’s Thesis Topics
At the U.S. Universities, an undergraduate thesis is very uncommon. However, it depends on the Department Policy.
The biggest challenge with the Bachelor’s Thesis in economics concerns its originality. Even though you are not required to conduct entirely unique research, you have to lack redundant ideas.
You can easily avoid making this mistake by simply choosing one of these topics. Also, consider visiting IvyPanda essays database. It’s a perfect palce to conduct a brainstorming session and come up with fresh ideas for a paper, as well as get tons of inspiration.
- The impact of the oil industry on the economic development of Nigeria. The oil industry is vital for the economic development of Nigeria. In this thesis, students can discuss the notion of the resource curse. Analyze the reasons why general people are not benefiting from the oil industry. Why did it produce very little change in the social and economic growth of the country?
- Sports Marketing and Advertising: the impact it has on the consumers.
- Economic opportunities and challenges of investing in Kenya .
- Economic Development in the Tourism Industry in Africa. Since the early 1990s, tourism significantly contributed to the economic growth of African countries. In this thesis, students can talk about the characteristics of the tourist sector in Africa. Or elaborate on specific countries and how their national development plans look like.
- Globalization and its significance to business worldwide .
- Economic risks connected to investing in Turkey .
- The decline in employment rates as the biggest American economy challenge .
- The economics of alcohol abuse problems. In this thesis, students can develop several essential issues. First, they can examine how poverty is connected to alcohol abuse. Second, they can see the link between alcohol consumption and productivity. To sum up, students can elaborate on the economic costs of alcohol abuse.
- Causes and solutions for unemployment in Great Britain.
- Parallel perspective on Global Economic Order: China and America. This thesis can bring a comparative analysis of the economies to a new level. China and The US are the world’s two largest economies. These two countries have a significant impact on the global economic order. So, looking at the set of institutions, policies, rules can be constructive.
- The new international economic order after COVID-19
- Financial stability of the banking sector in China.
- New Electronic Payment Services in Russia.
- The influence of culture on different entrepreneurial behaviors.
- The impact of natural cultural practices on entrepreneurial activity.
- The relationships between national culture and individual behavior.
- The main reasons for salary inequalities in different parts of the U.S.
😲 Economics Master’s Thesis Topics
Student life can be fascinating, but it comes with its challenges. One of which is selecting your Master’s thesis topic.
Here is a list of topics for a Master’s thesis in economics. Are you pursuing MPhil in Economics and writing a thesis? Use the following ideas as an inspiration for that. They can also be helpful if you are working on a Master’s thesis in financial economics.
- The impact of visual aid in teaching home economics.
- The effect of income changes in consumer behaviors in America.
- Forces behind socio-economic inequalities in the United States. This thesis can explore three critical factors for socio-economic differences in the United States. In the past 30 years, social disparities increased in the United States. Some of the main reasons are technology, trade, and institutions.
- The relationships between economic growth and international development.
- Technological innovations and their influence on green and environmental products.
- The economics of non-solar renewable energy .
- The economic consequences of terrorism . Terrorism not only takes away lives and destroys property but also widely affects the economy. It creates uncertainty in the market, increases insurance claims, slows down investment projects, and tourism. This thesis can address all of the ways in which terrorism can affect economies.
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) implementation in the Oil and Gas Industry in Africa.
- Use of incentives in behavioral economics.
- Economic opportunities and challenges of sustainable communities .
- Economics of nuclear power plants.
- Aid and financial help for emerging markets. This topic is very versatile. Students can look at both the positive and the adverse effects that funding has on the development. There are plenty of excellent examples. Besides, some theories call international help a form of neocolonialism.
- Multinational firms impact on economic growth in America .
- The effect of natural disasters on economic development in Asia.
- The influence of globalization on emerging markets and economic development.
📑 More Economics Thesis Topics: Theme
For some students, it makes more sense to center their search around a certain subject. Sometimes you have an econ area that interests you. You may have an idea about what you want to write, but you did not decide what it will be.
If that’s the case with you, then these economics thesis topics ideas are for you.
- An analysis of the energy market in Russia.
- The impact of game theory on economic development.
- The connection between minimum wage and market equilibrium.
- Gender differences in the labor market in the United States. This topic can shed light on gender differences in the labor market in the United States. In the past years, the overall inequality in labor in the markets decreased. However, there is still a lot of work that can be done.
- Economic reasons that influence the prices of oil .
- Relationship between the Lorenz curve and the Gini coefficient.
- Challenges of small businesses in the market economy.
- The changes in oil prices: causes and solutions . Universal economic principles do not always apply to the sale and purchase of the oil. The same happens with its cost. In the thesis, talk about what affects the prices. What are the solutions that can be implemented?
- The economic analysis of the impact of immigration on the American economy.
- Economic inequality as a result of globalization . Economic inequality becomes even more apparent on the global level. There is a common belief that globalization is the cause of that. Discuss what can be the solutions to these problems. This topic is vital to minimize the gap between the rich and the poor.
- The economic explanation of political dishonesty .
- Effect of Increasing Interest rates costs in Africa .
- The connection between game theory and microeconomics.
- Marketing uses in microeconomics.
- Financial liability in human-made environmental disasters.
- Banks and their role in the economy. Banks are crucial elements of any economy, and this topic covers why. You can explain how banks allow the goods and services to be exchanged. Talk about why banks are so essential for economic growth and stability.
- Inflation in the US and ways to reduce its impact.
- The connection between politics and economics.
- Income Dynamics and demographic economics.
- US Market Liquidity and macroeconomics.
- Macroeconomics and self-correction of the economy .
- The American economy, monetary policy, and monopolies .
- The importance of control in macroeconomics. One of the central topics in macroeconomics is grouped around the issue of control. It is quite reasonable that control over money and resources should become a topic of discussion.
- Analysis of Africa’s macroeconomics and its performance.
- Economics of education in developing markets.
- Problems and possible solutions for Japan macroeconomics .
- Comparative analysis of British macroeconomics concerning the US .
- Public policies and socio-economic disparities.
- The world problems through macroeconomic analysis. Indeed, macroeconomics is very complicated. There are many influences, details, and intricacies in it. However, it allows economists to use this complex set of tools to examine the world’s leading problems today.
- The connection between employment interest and money.
🤔 Development Economics
- Economics of development . This topic is very rich in content. First, explain what it is. Then pay particular attention to domestic and international policies that affect development, income distribution, and economic growth.
- The relation between development and incentive for migration.
- The impact of natural disasters on the economy and political stability of emerging markets.
- The economic consequences of population growth in developing countries.
- The role of industrialization in developing countries . The industrialization has been connected with the development. It promotes capital formation and catalyzes economic growth in emerging markets. In this thesis, you can talk about this correlation.
- Latin American economic development.
- Gender inequality and socio-economic development .
- Problems of tax and taxation in connection with economic growth.
- The economic impact of terrorism on developing markets.
- Religious decline as a key to economic development. Not everyone knows, but a lot of research has been done in the past years on the topic. It argues that decreased religious activity is connected with increased economic growth. This topic is quite controversial. Students who decide to write about it should be extra careful and polite.
👨💼 Behavioral Economics
- Risk Preferences in Rural South Africa.
- Behavioral Economics and Finance .
- Applied behavioral economics in marketing strategies. If you want to focus your attention on marketing, this topic is for you. Behavioral economics provides a peculiar lens to look at marketing strategies. It allows marketers to identify common behaviors and adapt their marketing strategies.
- The impact of behavioral finance on investment decisions.
- Behavioral Economics in Child Nutrition Programs in North Texas.
- Guidelines for Behavioral Economics in Healthcare Sector.
- Cognitive and behavioral theories in economics .
- Cross-cultural consumer behavior and marketing communication. Consumers are not only affected by personal characteristics, but also by the culture they are living in. This topic focuses on the extent it should determine marketing strategy and communication.
- Behavior implications of wealth and inequality.
- Optimism and pessimism for future behavior.
💼 Financial Economics
- Financial Economics for Infrastructure and Fiscal Policy .
- The use of the economic concept of human capital. Students can focus on the dichotomy between human and nonhuman capital. Many economists believe that human capital is the most crucial of all. Some approach this issue differently. Therefore, students should do their research and find where they stand on this issue.
- The analysis of the global financial crisis of 2020s. Share your thoughts, predictions, ideas. Analyze the economic situation that affects almost everyone in the world. This thesis topic will be fresh and original. It can help to start a good and fruitful conversation.
- The big data economic challenges for Volvo car.
- The connection between finance, economics, and accounting.
- Financial economics: Banks competition in the UK .
- Risk-Taking by mutual funds as a response to incentives.
- Managerial economics and financial accounting as a basis for business decisions.
- Stock market overreaction.
🌱 Agricultural Economics
- Agricultural economics and agribusiness.
- The vulnerability of agricultural business in African countries.
- Agricultural economics and environmental considerations of biofuels .
- Farmer’s contribution to agricultural social capital.
- Agricultural and resource economics. Agricultural and resource economics plays a huge role in development. They are subdivided into four main characteristics which in this topic, students can talk about: – mineral and energy resources; – soil resources, water resources; – biological resources. One or even all of them can be a focus of the thesis.
- Water as an economic good in irrigated agriculture.
- Agriculture in the economic development of Iran.
- The US Agricultural Food Policy and Production .
- Pesticides usage on agricultural products in California.
- An analysis of economic efficiency in agriculture. A lot of research has been done on the question of economic efficiency in agriculture. However, it does not mean there is no place for your study. You have to read a lot of secondary sources to see where your arguments can fit.
- Theory, approach, and method in economics sociology.
- Economic sociology of capitalism. While economists believe in the positive effect capitalism has on the economy, the social effect is quite different. The “economic” part of the issue has been studied a lot. However, the sociology of it has been not. This thesis can be very intriguing to read.
- Political Economy and Economic Sociology.
- Gender and economic sociology .
- Progress, sociology, and economics.
- Data analysis in economics, sociology, environment .
- Economic sociology as a way to understand the human mind.
- Economic sociology of money.
- Economics, sociology, and psychology of security.
- Major principles of economic sociology. In the past decade, economic sociology became an increasingly popular field. Mainly due to it giving a new view on economics, human mind, and behavior. Besides, it explores relationships between politics, law, culture, and gender.
📚 The List of Ph.D. Topics in Economics
If you decide to go to grad school to do your Masters, you will likely end up getting a Ph.D. as well. So, with this plan in mind, think about a field that interests you enough during your Masters. Working with the same topic for both graduate degrees is easier and more effective.
This list of Ph.D. Topics in Economics can help you identify the areas you can work on.
- Occupational injuries in Pakistan and its effect on the economy. Injuries are the leading cause of the global burden of disability. Globally, Pakistan was ranked 9th populated country with a large number of unskilled workers. In this dissertation, consider the link between occupational injuries and their effects on the economy.
- The study of the Philippines’ economic development.
- Financial derivatives and climate change .
- Econometric Analysis of Financial Markets.
- Islamic Banking and Financial Markets .
- Health economics and policy in the UK.
- Health insurance: rationale and economic justification. In this dissertation, students can find different ways to explain and justify health insurance. Starting to philosophical to purely economic grounds. In the past years, there was a lot of discussion regarding the healthcare system for all. What are some of the economic benefits of that?
- Colombian economy, economic growth, and inequality.
- Benefits of mergers and acquisitions in agribusiness.
- Methods to measure financial risks when investing in Africa.
- The significance of financial economics in understanding the relationship between a country’s GDP and NDP.
- Network effects in cryptocurrency. Cryptocurrencies are not new anymore. However, it is still an original subject for a dissertation. Students can decide to choose several crypto coins and evaluate the importance of the network effect. This effect is particularly significant for Bitcoin. Explain why.
- The comparison of the Chinese growth model with the American growth model.
- An economic justification versus political expediency.
- Pollution Externalities Role in Management Economics .
📝 How to Select an Economics Thesis Topic
As your academic journey is coming to an end, it’s time to pick the right topic for your thesis. The whole academic life you were preparing to undertake this challenge.
Here is the list of six points that will help you to select an economics thesis topic:
- Make sure it is something you are genuinely interested in. It is incredibly challenging to write something engaging if you are not interested in the topic. So, choose wisely and chose what excites you.
- Draw inspiration from the previous student’s projects. A great place to start is by looking at what the previous students wrote. You can find some fresh ideas and a general direction.
- Ask your thesis advisor for his feedback. Most probably, your thesis advisor supervised many students before. They can be a great help too because they know how to assess papers. Before meeting with your professor, do some basic research, and understand what topic is about.
- Be original, but not too much. You do not want to spend your time writing about a project that many people wrote about. Your readers will not be interested in reading it, but your professors as well. However, make sure you do not pick anything too obscure. It will leave you with no secondary sources.
- Choose a narrow and specific topic. Not only will it allow you to be more original, but also to master a topic. When the issue is too broad, there is just too much information to cover in one thesis.
- Go interdisciplinary. If you find yourself interested in history, philosophy, or any other related topic, it can help you write an exceptional thesis in economics. Most of your peers may work on pure economics. Then, the interdisciplinary approach can help you to stand out among them.
Thank you for reading the article to the end! We hope this list of economics thesis topics ideas could help you to gather your thoughts and get inspired. Share it with those who may find it useful. Let us know what you think about it in the comment section below.
- Finding a Senior Thesis Topic: Undergraduate, Department of Economics, Brandeis University
- Economics Thesis Topics List: Seminars Only
- How To Pick A Topic For Your Economics Research Project Or Master’s Thesis: INOMICS, The Site for Economists
- What Do Theses and Dissertations Look Like: KU Writing Center, the University of Kansas
- Writing Economics: Robert Neugeboren with Mireille Jacobson, University of Harvard
- Economics Ph.D. Theses: Department of Economics, University of Sussex Business School, IDEAS_RePEc
- World Economic Situation and Prospects 2018: United Nations
- Undergraduate Honors Theses: Department of Economics, University of California, Berkeley
- Economics Department Dissertations Collection: Economics Department, University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Topics for Master Theses: Department of Economics, NHH, Norwegian School of Economics
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via LinkedIn
- Share via email
You might also like
How to Choose a Major? Tips, Steps & Mistakes to Avoid [+Infographic]
Funny Persuasive Essay Topics: 177 Writing & Speech Ideas
Ways to Eat Healthy When You Are an Extremely Busy Student
A very well written, clear and easy-to-read article. It was highly helpful. Thank you!
Thanks for your kind words! We look forward to seeing you again!
These are very helpful and concise research topics which I have spent days surfing the internet to get all this while. Thanks for making research life experience easier for me. Keep this good work up.
Glad to hear that! Thank you for your feedback, Idris!
Thank you, Idris!
I wants it for msc thesis
Home — Blog — Topic Ideas — 100 Economic Research Topics
100 Economic Research Topics
Studying economics can be quite challenging and even confusing at first, yet once you brainstorm various helpful research topics, you instantly understand the range of ideas that can be explored. You may not be majoring in economics per se and studying Sociology or Education since economics is always involved in every discipline. It makes it extremely difficult to find good economic research topics for your Master’s thesis, dissertation writing, or a simple essay that you plan to use for debates. Keeping all of these challenges in mind, we have collected 100 competitive economic research topic ideas to assist you in making your scientific work perfect!
Defining Economics Research Areas
Economics studies can be defined as a branch of science that deals with the production, analysis, distribution, and behavioral consumption of goods and services. You can study economics that relates to individuals, corporations, businesses, governmental aspects, and the countries as the resources are being shared. Science can take different shapes and talk about social factors, technology, banking, finances, and international relations.
There are two main research areas which are micro- and macroeconomics. Microeconomics deal with small-scale issues, while macroeconomics is mostly dealing with global challenges. You can also deal with calculations, accounting, social development, and analytical writing. You can also deal with econometrics, which is a complex economic theory that implements statistical interference to explain and quantify the economic state.
Choosing Interesting Economic Topics For Your Economics Paper
Although we are not dealing with creative writing and disciplines like Philosophy and English Literature, it’s still necessary to choose something interesting and inspiring. The subject should motivate you to research and make a statement. First of all, you have to determine whether your problem is closer to microeconomics or takes a larger range of economic factors, thus requiring macroeconomics. This way, you should follow these 7 tips on how to choose an interesting subject:
- Choose something that you know well based on what makes you feel inspired.
- Research the subject that you would like to explore and see what gaps are present.
- All economic research paper topics must be connected to the main thesis statement.
- If your paper is explanatory or descriptive, you can make a statement in your title.
- When you write an argumentative paper, you can ask a question in your title.
- Always narrow things down when you are dealing with the general concepts.
- Your topic should be clear enough, yet should not give out the results of your work.
What a Research Paper in Economics Should Look Like?
Your econommics paper structure should contain introduction with a thesis, three to five body paragraphs, a statistical paragraph, and the conclusion. Getting into details, your paper should represent:
– Introduction must start with a statistical fact, an assumption or an interesting idea that acts as a hook sentence. The final sentence should be your thesis.
– Body Paragraphs must include at least three arguments with quotes and examples. Once you provide an example, it’s vital to offer analysis.
– Analytical Bits . Since you are dealing with economics, make sure that you add statistical information or an explanation of your methodology before you come to the final part.
– Conclusion part should either make a call to action or sum things up in simpler terms. You can also make recommendations and explain what your research paper was able to achieve.
The Main Economics Topics for Research Paper Studies
Since there are so many topics that can be explored in economics, our experts decided to narrow things down and outline ten important subjects that are most popular among college and university students:
- Investments and the management of risks.
- Digital economics and social media marketing.
- Economic development across the world.
- Econometrics and explanation of the cases.
- Competition and market management.
- Ethical aspects of consumerism in economics.
- Digital vs human challenges in accounting.
- Cryptocurrencies and data mining.
- Sustainability and interdependence of corporations.
- Microeconomics and financial risk avoidance.
These are only the basics that are constantly encountered among college tasks. If you want to explore more, follow 100 research topics for economics as you plan to write your assignment!
100 Economic Research Topics Divided By Subject
– Bachelor’s Topics in Economics.
When you are writing an economics paper for your Bachelor’s degree, the most important is to conduct due research and include examples. It creates a challenge because you have to provide high originality as you balance your sources and analytical information. Regardless if you are dealing with the business managerial side of economics or researching global investments with the elements of accounting, these research topics will provide you with helpful information.
- The impact of the Covid-19 pandemic in relation to housing prices in the United States.
- The history of the foreign exchange market.
- The Indian heritage and allocation of the economic resources in India.
- Irrational behavior in the field of digital marketing.
- Free market economy versus free enterprise systems.
- Economic influence when dealing with poverty.
- The role of education in the field of economics.
- Criminal groups and the development of economic methods in Brazil.
- The Ukrainian conflict and the European economy.
- Productivity and bias in the employment selection.
– Master’s Topics in Economics.
When you are asked to write an assignment that matches the Master’s level in economics, you should start with a deeper type of research or consider subjects that are not so common. At the same time, you can choose a topic that is widely discussed, yet narrow things down a little bit. You can choose both local and international events or focus on a case study as you provide analytical information. Here are some research paper topics in economics that you may start with as you brainstorm these topics:
- The role of personal data management when making an online payment.
- Random events in the United States and planning short-term economic success.
- Economic freedom through the lens of paternalism: Amazon case study.
- Demographic factor after WWII: a forced economic growth?
- Experimental preferences and the digital economy: shaping social preferences.
- Cryptocurrency as the addictive practice: mining versus the classic stock market.
- The effect of bulk consumption through the lens of the famine in Africa.
- Economic perspectives in the regions that have been affected by the armed conflicts.
- The pros and cons of Green Energy technology as the financial sector expands.
- How does the inclusive workflow affect economic development in the workplace?
If you require something more small-sized and related to a specific branch of economics, you should think about considering this list of topics that deal with microeconomics. When you are dealing with single methods, factors, and the effects of the individuals, you will be able to find relevant sources and examples. Here are some outstanding ideas to start with:
- The most efficient methods to help small businesses avoid debt.
- The post-Brexit effect on the companies that are dealing with bankruptcy.
- A comparison of the EU taxes and the American system of taxation in the economy.
- The role of microeconomics when dealing with local economic crimes.
- How can digital marketing help to maximize profits via seminars ?
- How can supply and demand be made transparent for the audit?
- The methods to track consumer equilibrium.
- Allocation of funding in the local bakery: an economic plan.
- Spending a government surplus: what are the legal aspects to know in the USA?
- Starting a small business overseas: what is the Matthew inequality effect?
– Macroeconomics .
In simple terms, when you are asked to compose an assignment based on macroeconomic research studies, you will have to deal with the large-scale analysis of the global or basic economic ideas that take place. It can be the national interest or the economic output of an entire country. The subjects related to this field may include the gross domestic product or the employment rates in a particular country. You may check these essay topics for economics :
- History of the monetary policy in the United States.
- Sustainability of the economic growth in South Africa.
- The pros and cons of equitable distribution.
- The most efficient method to address unemployment in the economy.
- How to address the challenges of total consumption?
- Economic system of Iceland versus Norway.
- The role of a single household in the general economic system.
- The controversies related to inflation studies in financial department .
- Geopolitical events and the challenges of the national economic systems.
- The reasons why outsourcing ruins the national economy.
– Financial Economics.
It deals with the resources that are related to markets and financial calculations. It means that you are dealing with various economic theories as you address the risks, costs, opportunities, and temporal challenges. The most challenging is that you have to deal with a correct distribution of available resources . Since it is a very complex branch of economics, you should consider brainstorming various ideas:
- The dangers of AI-based calculation and strategic planning for large corporations.
- Investment risks related to individual stock systems.
- Creation of a financial portfolio in the digital realm: the changes in 2022.
- Public finances law versus private investment stocks.
- Present value through the lens of Pharmacology and epidemics.
- Risk management diversification when econometrics is used.
- Monetary issues and the current Swiss system: what are the pros and cons?
- Online banking and the accessibility factor: how far can safety go?
- Digital accounting and the job on-site training challenges.
- Approaching large markets through micro private foundations.
– Economic Discussions.
The majority of college and university students majoring in Economics have to go through various debates where they must provide arguments or argue regarding the best methods to approach a particular problem. This can easily get challenging, which is why you should either come up with a general idea or make a statement that will be hard enough to challenge as there will be several opinions. See these economic essay topics for your ECON degree to get a better idea:
- The controversy of the federal fiscal policy in the United States.
- The economic damage that is caused by data mining and cryptocurrencies.
- Green Economics is the only future approach to addressing poor countries.
- Immigration helps to achieve better equality in our economic equilibrium.
- The reasons that cause an imbalance between demand and supply.
- How can a small business protect production costs through competition?
- The pros and cons of the consumer demand strategy in practice.
- Apple and Amazon corporations: are these monopolies?
- Digital media is helpful for economics: branding and influence.
- Marginal analysis of college budgeting when using several plans.
– Development Economics .
Development economics is one of how branches where you study the ways how emerging nations achieve certain financial stability via strategic management and cooperation. Economists study this field of science when dealing with poor countries, yet it’s also encountered when one has to create both domestic and international policies. As you develop economic policies for your research, you should define whether you are dealing with the micro or macro environment. Here are some ideas to consider:
- The methods how outsourcing methods can help improve economic productivity.
- The bond between higher literacy rates in rural areas and economic growth .
- Traditional economies versus command economies strategies.
- The use of natural resources in Iceland as a major factor in economic development.
- The most efficient ways to achieve better physical capital outcomes.
- Mixed markets distribution n Asia: why do some brands become more famous?
- The role of entrepreneurship for economic growth.
- The real estate investments and the strategy of bulk economy purchases.
- Short-term and long-term goals when dealing with economic development.
- The importance of industry diversification during times of globalization.
– Social Economics.
In simple terms, when you are dealing with social economics, you are researching the social aspect of economics where the main focus is a set of social methods, behavior strategies, and calculations. The practical examples are stability in employment, strong business networks among small to medium companies, social security, good schools, and the aspects like medical care and the daily sides of life. As you research the social aspect of economics, consider these economics topics for essays :
- Occupational factors for economic growth between the United States and the UK.
- Environmental care campaigns and the funds allocated for delivering the message.
- Green energy and the climate change challenges required to make the industrial transition efficient.
- Social inequality and the educational requirements.
- The benefits of an equitable distribution of global wealth and education.
- The minimum standards between Germany and Sweden (you can choose any other country).
- Establishing socialist economy in the model country: an economic outline.
- Analysis of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam through the socio-economic lens.
- The core principles of the moral side of economics.
- Corporative protection of private information and personal data when making investments.
– Technology and Economics Ideas.
Technology is a part of modern economics that always comes along and becomes an integral factor for the successful integration of digital strategies, online banking, and, most importantly, cryptocurrencies and data mining. If you are dealing with the Data Sciences discipline or require assistance with the SMM or digital economics in the modern era, you must take your time to explore the topic ideas below as you seek an innovation :
- An ethical side of data mining practices for private economic growth.
- Technological differences between microeconomics analysis and global statistics.
- Economic analysis of the vaccination campaigns (Covid-19 analysis case).
- The pros and cons of online banking for the elderly population.
- AI-based tools as a method of the safer management of funds.
- Simplification of accounting with the help of digital solutions.
- Advertising as a way to achieve rapid economic growth.
- The controversy of digital bankruptcy.
- Transnational corporations and the ethical standards of intellectual property sharing.
- Cryptocurrency markets and the closed-circle environments.
Ph.D. Economic Topics to Write About
When you are planning to compose a dissertation and need excellent Ph.D. topics in economics, it is possible to approach the subjects that are widely discussed in the media or narrow your studies down to something specific. Generally, it’s not recommended to use a single case study to research the Ph.D.-level topics. You may include a challenging problem and provide a synthesis with several solutions based on literature reviews. You can check these ideas and identify the scientific areas that you can work on as you become enrolled in a Master’s program. Use them as the starting points as you explore these ideas for a presentation or research writing:
- Development economics in Congo: why is the wealth not becoming an efficient solution?
- The challenges of the foreign direct investment strategy during the post-Brexit period in the UK.
- Trade policies in the Asian markets: analysis of the free markets and the public reports.
- Why is China remaining one of the most powerful economies while following a socialistic model?
- Analysis of the perfect competition in the online markets: the role of influencers.
- Social media as the new method of demand and supply: learning the restrictions.
- The role of education in economic growth: why education is not always helpful?
- Unemployment in the European Union: the pros and cons of forced immigration.
- Marine trade barriers and finding advantages as the exchange rates are involved.
- Linguistic factors and the words lost in translation when dealing with economic global reports.
When You Require Assistance
When you are feeling lost and need assistance with a subject that relates to economics in this way or another, you should not seek elsewhere as we have good subject ideas for college and university students. Even when you need competitive ideas for your undergraduates debate class or would like to focus on the social side of economics, you can easily find an essay on the topic on our website . Brainstorm the topics, play with the wording, and never hesitate to ask for help if something is unclear. Remember that your main thesis statement should be connected to your title, so make your choice wisely and take your time!
Department of Economics
Phd research topics.
Applications are welcomed in all Economics topics. We particularly welcome applications from candidates with research interests in the following speciality areas of our research-active staff:
- Behavioural Health Economics and Policy
- Behavioural Labour and Organisational Economics
- Decisions under Risk and Uncertainty
- Experimental and Behavioural analyses of markets
- Charitable Behaviour
- Analysis of Conflict and Conflict Resolution
- Behavioural Welfare Economics (including subjective wellbeing)
Financial Economics and Household Finance
- Banking and financial stability
- Household portfolios
- Household wealth inequality
- Household saving
- Household financial vulnerability and asset accumulation
Gender, Race and Inequality
- Domestic violence
- Discrimination and Wellbeing
- Identity Economics (gender, ethnicity, inequality)
- Wealth inequality and racial wealth gap
- Affirmative Action Policies
- Healthcare and demographics
- Health, wellbeing and employment
- Long-run impact of COVID
- Aversion to inequality in multidimensional wellbeing
- Health state valuation and stated preferences
- Competition Policy
- Innovation, industrial policy and mixed markets
- Networks and Regulation
- Firms Productivity
- Tax compliance and administration
International Economics and Development
- Empirical development economics
- Foreign aid and development finance institutions
- Foreign Direct Investment and Economic Growth
- Trade models with heterogeneous firms, trade gravity and productivity growth
- Trade policies and public economics
Labour and Education Economics
- Empirical studies on the relationships between labour, health and wellbeing
- Education Economics
- Gender differences in human capital accumulation
- Labour market transitions of (young) workers
- Social mobility
- Vocational education
- Wages, employment and contract type
- Open Economy Macroeconomics
- Business Cycles
- Dynamic Stochastic General Equilibrium Modelling
- Labour Market Dynamics
- Search and Matching
- Elections, political ideology, institutions and economic policy
- Immigration: causes and consequences
- Terrorism, public attitudes and behavioural outcomes
- Rent-seeking and other contests
Time Series Econometrics
- Econometric detection of bubbles and crashes
- Specification testing and forecasting in non-linear Econometric/Time-Series models
- Theoretical econometrics and statistical inference
Urban and Environmental Economics
- Environmental economics and environmental policy
- Environmental reporting
- Real estate economics
- Local labour markets
- Agglomeration externalities
- Spatial distribution of economic activities and innovation
- Transport economics
- Local economic impacts and drivers of internal and external immigration
- Local and regional determinants of social mobility and inequality
- Levelling-up: drivers of local productivity and growth
How to apply for a PhD
Search for PhD opportunities at Sheffield and be part of our world-leading research.
Good research paper topics for high school students should explore social and community issues, such as the importance of recycling, preserving energy or government policies and procedures. Some topics may include the duties of the judicial...
When a person is writing a concept paper, he or she could choose to draw on topics, such as fear, unemployment, education, authorship, political gains, depression, psychoanalysis, platonic friendships, animal behavior or childhood.
Good position paper topics include debating the effectiveness of the death penalty, the fairness of the taxation system in the United States and whether or not using animals for research is humane.
Areas of research · Budget, Taxes and Public Investment · Economic Growth · Education · Green Economics · Health · Immigration · Inequality and Poverty · Jobs and
Micro-Economics Research Topics · 1. The effect of income changes on consumer choices · 2. The effect of labor force participation on the economy and budget – A
All Topics · Econometrics · Microeconomics · Macroeconomics · International Economics · Financial Economics · Public Economics · Health, Education, and Welfare · Labor
Good Economics Research Topics · Analyze the functioning of a stock market. · Microeconomics- A balance in demand and supply. · Inflation sources
25 interesting economic research paper topics · Modern problems of ecology and economics. · Social laws and the role of man in modern economic
List of Economics Essay Topics · Happiness Is More Important Than Money: An Essay · Threat of Sustained Inflation Growth in the Near Term · Money and Happiness:
Simple Research Topics in Economics · What are the major differences between short term and long term economic growth? · How does the legalization of marijuana in
A good thesis in economics is a blend between an empirical paper and a theoretical one. One of the essential steps in choosing a topic in
The Main Economics Topics for Research Paper Studies · Investments and the management of risks. · Digital economics and social media marketing.
Empirical development economics · Foreign aid and development finance institutions · Foreign Direct Investment and Economic Growth · Trade models with
lectures, 1 (approximately 25 page) research paper. (with intermediate benchmarks), and required readings. • Readings can be accessed on the Economics 191