250+ Research Paper Topic Ideas For Every Learner
Since you are reading this page, you might be looking for good research topics for your school or college papers or just need a little bit of inspiration to start or continue. Regardless if you are looking for psychology research topics for college students or hope to find something that will simply stand out, remember that choosing a good topic is already half of a successful paper. If you choose something you know well and the subject meets your list of arguments, continue with an outline and come up with an excellent paper. Your topic must be competitive and unique, which is why it is so important to look through the list of possible research paper ideas.
How to Choose a Topic for a Research Paper?
Before you give up on your challenges and think about a cheap research paper , take your time to learn what it means to choose a good topic. You should start with the following checklist that will help you to brainstorm the best research paper topics:
- Explore Things That Interest You.
- Check Your List of Relevant Sources.
- Consult Your Grading Rubric.
- Brainstorm Competitive Research Topic Ideas.
- Talk to Your Course Instructor or a School Teacher.
Moreover, always take time to check similar research papers but remember about possible plagiarism risks and always provide due reference if you mention any idea that is not yours.
What is a Good Topic for a Research Paper?
As a rule, a good topic for a research paper must meet provided assignment requirements to the letter. If you are not sure about some aspect, always ask your college professor or talk to your teacher in advance.
Next, you must choose something that you know well and provide more than one opinion unless you are asked to provide your opinion only . It is also recommended to avoid topics that are too broad because you may easily make your research too vague.
Most importantly, your chosen topic should also reflect your main thesis statement or an argument that you make.
The List of Research Topics by Field of Study
As you are thinking about various research paper topics ideas, it is high time to consider taking a closer look at our helpful list that has all the necessities provided by categories. Regardless if you need something useful for your middle school paper or you keep looking for something controversial and demanding, our 250+ research topics list includes it all.
Science research paper topics
- Should nanotechnologies be made available to the general public?
- Should genetic experiments be banned completely?
- What are the challenges of conversion to green energy?
- How can additional research in the field of Chemistry improve food quality?
- The connection of chemicals in the seawater and the weather changes.
- The implementation of bioluminescence aspects in medical applications.
- The boron nitride research and crystallization.
- The future of non-petroleum manufacturing.
- The ethical side of pharmaceutical competition and pollution.
- The ways how biocomputing technology assists in scientific research.
English research paper topics
- The consequences of negativity in modern literature.
- Professional jargon on social media.
- How does language help to shape one's cultural identity?
- The link of language aspects to literacy.
- The use of language in political competition.
- The challenges of modern English literature.
- How can specific words impact our perception of things?
- Neuro-linguistic programming in the English language.
- The linguistic peculiarities between middle and low-class communities.
- The use of automatic grammar checkers in education.
Literature research paper topics
- The portrayal of gender roles in the literature of the 18th century.
- How has the mystery genre changed with the arrival of digital technologies?
- The digital books vs books in print.
- How has modern literature changed in the last two decades?
- The challenges of modern book authors.
- The perception of religion in modern literature.
- The analysis of "The Things They Carried" by Tim O'Brien.
- How do allusions and metaphors help in literature?
- Do history books help college students to learn the subject?
- How can reading books improve a person's mental state?
- The Declaration of Independence 1776 analysis.
- The challenges of slavery in the United States.
- What has caused the Emancipation Proclamation of 1863?
- The Civil War’s causes and effects.
- The cultural impact of Native Americans.
- The echoes of the Vietnam War.
- The Black Lives Matter Social Movement
- How has industrialization changed American society?
- Interwar Period in popular media.
- The portrayal of the Great Depression.
Healthcare research topics
- How should stem cell research be approached?
- Will portable medical devices create a revolution in the ER department?
- Is the building of artificial organs ethical?
- The causes of colon cancer.
- The link between antibiotics overuse and the increase in epidemics.
- What causes the long-forgotten diseases to return once again in 2021?
- How do annual doctor visits prevent diseases and help people to stay healthy?
- Is autism an illness and how can it be helped?
- The ways to help people with epilepsy.
- The origins of the West Nile virus.
Law and criminology research paper topics
- The problem of sexual harassment in the workplace.
- What causes hate crimes towards a race?
- The list of war crimes committed by the United States.
- An analysis of police brutality.
- What causes human rights activists to become biased?
- How can juvenile crimes be decreased?
- Should the drug courts be modified?
- What are criminal justice ethics?
- The pros and cons of capital punishment?
- Crime prevention with the help of social media.
Anthropology research paper topics
- The agricultural practices and religious beliefs.
- The role of omen in Ancient Roman culture.
- Analysis of the burial customs in Europe.
- The body image modification challenges in 2021.
- The role of cinematography in history studies.
- What causes the biocultural evolution of humans?
- The digital communication aspects.
- Immersion between Western and Eastern cultures.
- Biological deformation during the Vietnam War.
- The challenges of biological determinism.
Math research topics
- The types of Math used in our daily life.
- The use of numerical data in healthcare.
- Analysis of the binomial theorem.
- The use of a philosophical approach in Maths.
- The use of geometry for the creation of a matrix.
- How can imaginary numbers help in prognosis?
- How can discrete geometry be approached?
- What are the main challenges of students failing to cope with Math problems?
- The use of n-dimensional spaces in 3D design.
- The use of Maths and Horn's paradox.
Social science topics for research papers
- The role of social movements in 2021.
- How can the youth culture shape be helpful to prevent crimes?
- The problems of class conflict and inequality in the United States.
- How can gender studies help people to approach their sexuality?
- The challenges of food sociology.
- How can community work help students learn better?
- How can social media contacts improve one's social skills?
- How has mass media changed in the last two decades?
- The reasons behind the major gender stereotypes.
- The race and the cultural perceptions.
Ethics paper topics
- The pros and cons of plastic surgery.
- Should abortion be banned in the United States?
- How safe is animal testing?
- Why should capital punishment be banned?
- The reasons behind human trafficking.
- Are human beings good or evil by nature?
- Should the pharmaceutical industry be fully governmental?
- Is ethnic adoption racial?
- The pros and cons of childhood stardom.
- Should euthanasia be allowed?
Education research paper topics
- The pros and cons of Montessori schools.
- Should children adopt technology from early childhood?
- The challenges of computer literacy in 2021.
- How have the learning styles changed during Covid-19?
- Should the government fund education and make it free?
- The charter school’s pros and cons.
- The use of technology in education.
- What are the main issues of school safety in 2021?
- How good is online education?
- Should school exams and tests become universal?
Research Paper Topics Based On Different Education Levels
We all know what it felt like to be a middle school student who needed just a bit of help and inspiration to start writing. Keeping this fact in mind, we came up with a helpful list of research paper topic examples based on various educational levels.
Middle School Paper Topics
- My role model.
- What does friendship mean to you?
- How can social media increase our safety?
- The social movements in my community.
- How can school students fight procrastination?
- The ways to combat bullying in school.
- Why living with a pet makes people better.
- The subject I would like to add to my school curriculum.
- My favorite personality in American history.
- Should children be allowed to vote and why?
5th-grade research paper topics
- Why do people have to sleep?
- Who has founded hip-hop music?
- How do smartphones connect?
- How do our pets recognize us?
- How did the ancient sailors navigate through their journeys?
6th-grade research paper topics
- Does the curse of the pharaohs really exist?
- How do dolphins communicate?
- How does our brain retrieve memories?
- How can we help grandparents become better with computers?
- The importance of Martin Luther King Jr. for me .
7th-grade research paper topics
- How can children address global warming and climate changes?
- The great inventors in history (Thomas Edison, for example, or N. Tesla).
- How can video games help us do better at school?
- What causes tornadoes and how can we stay safe?
- The cultural peculiarities of X country.
8th-grade research paper topics
- What is the code of samurai warriors?
- How has The Black Lives Matter movement changed lives in my local community.
- The use of the Internet among teenagers and the apparent dangers.
- How can we make school safety better?
- How has popular music changed during the last three years?
High School research topics
- What was the significance of the Magna Carta for England?
- The ways high school students can get ready for college.
- How tobacco use affects our lungs.
- How can sports or music make us better at socializing?
- The history and significance of the Olympic games.
- The ecological issues in my local community.
- What is necessary to create a successful video blog post?
- The best ways to study more efficiently when in high school.
- The tips and tricks to using Google in 2021.
- How can social media help students become more inventive?
9th-grade research paper topics
- How will genetic engineering change our future?
- The main beliefs in the Roman Empire.
- How can social movements control the perception of the world's issues?
- The causes of the Great Depression.
- My favorite personality in 19th-century literature.
- The First Moon Landing in the popular media.
- How has rap music brought up the majority of social problems?
- How can science help to prevent and identify crimes?
- Startup projects and the school students.
- The ways we can participate in international volunteering.
12th-grade research paper topics
- Would the elimination of the grading system in schools improve the learning outcomes?
- What are the main goals of feminists?
- The diversity in school.
- Should students who graduate create special clubs or unions?
- The censorship and the Internet.
Senior research paper topics
- Should recreational marijuana be banned?
- How have our lives changed since September 11th?
- Will AI tools appear helpful in education (prognosis paper)?
- The link of social media use to anxiety and depression.
- Do smartphones increase or decrease our productivity?
College research paper topics
- How can a college student cope with college debt?
- The weight gain problem among first-year college students.
- How can approaching mental help services keep anxious students safe?
- The use of additional online courses and academic success.
- The most efficient methods to improve one's memory.
- The effect of college challenges on future choices.
- The cons and pros of remote education.
- How can college bullying be reduced?
- The importance of sports and music while in college.
- The Waldorf education and modern college life.
Good Research Paper Topics
Without a doubt, we all need good research paper topics as we do not want to spend too much time and would rather wish to have something funny. Here are some ideas to keep your creativity high:
Funny Research Paper Topics
- What was the life of a Sparta warrior?
- Should plastic surgery businesses be banned?
- The pros and cons of playing video games at work.
- Can telling a lie be beneficial?
- Are we really what we eat?
- Can our childhood shape our destiny?
- How does the sixth sense work?
- How can you keep your brain always engaged?
- The most efficient ways to remember things.
- Do we form our taste in music by instinct or it is acquired?
Easy research paper topics
- Do men really have to protect women?
- The role of AI for social media.
- The false image of forensic science created by popular TV shows.
- Why do people watch horror movies?
- How can students make their opinion heard?
- Why did the Black Lives Matter movement become so popular?
- The pros and cons of the small living space.
- The link between profit and social responsibility.
- The reasons why people become biased.
- The pros and cons of being a celebrity.
Interesting research paper topics
- Is Atheism considered a religion?
- Is coffee harmful to our health?
- The mental aspect of being a Vegetarian.
- How can everyone become happy?
- The pros and cons of technology use in a child's life in 2021.
- What causes people to choose certain behavior types when stressed?
- The impact of video games on the human brain.
- How can music become a mental remedy for people facing PTSD?
- The global warming challenge vs myths.
- How should people address the Covid-19 problem?
Other great research paper topics
The ones who would like to turn to more challenging topics for research paper can consider the list below. It includes everything from controversial to creative subjects.
Controversial research paper topics
- The negative aspect of the Black Lives Matter movement.
- Should social media bloggers become involved in politics?
- Should vaccination be obligatory?
- How does censorship affect our freedom of speech?
- Climate change is the largest myth.
- The pros and cons of gender equality.
- The portrayal of heroes in action movies.
- Can scientists be objective?
- Is democracy the best approach?
- The gun control laws in 2021.
Persuasive Research Paper Topics
- There should be more than 12 jurors present in courts.
- The felons should be allowed to vote.
- Religious institutions should pay taxes.
- AI technology should be under strict control.
- Climate change is a reversible process.
- Cheerleading should be considered a sport.
- College athletes should receive more financial support.
- Palm oil production causes deforestation.
- Genetically modified foods are dangerous.
- The animals should be considered as individuals.
Environmental topics for research papers
- The problem of the wildfires and the temperature rise.
- How can noise pollution be addressed?
- The use of remote sensing to prevent damage.
- How can urban ecology be improved?
- The pros and cons of renewable energy.
- The negative effect of sunlight on human skin.
- How can the rivers be kept clean?
- The practices of Native Americans in relation to nature protection?
- Environmental protection as a science.
- The challenges of Bioremediation in 2021.
Global issue topics for research papers
- The impact of Covid-19 on planet Earth.
- The pros and cons of remote education.
- The negative influence of social media.
- The risks related to bitcoin mining practices.
- How can people challenge illegal gambling?
- The police violence and the safety issues.
- Should people still read the books in print?
- The role of grandparents in the lives of modern children?
- How should college students approach plagiarism?
- The ways to challenge air pollution.
Analytical research paper topics
- Why do people have various phobias?
- How can one get rid of alcohol addiction?
- What is the moral side of telling a lie?
- What causes our body to ask for more sugar?
- How do our memories often become false?
- Is love only a mixture of chemical reactions?
- What is the essence of being a true American?
- How do European people perceive Americans?
- Ways to improve communication between parents and children.
- Why do we have nightmares?
Religion paper topics
- How do people understand the will of God?
- Are all religions biased?
- Can religions become united?
- What are the ways to settle down various religious conflicts?
- Do religious people take a special niche in society?
- Should religious education be compulsory?
- Should alternative religious practices be banned?
- The religion on social media.
- The innocence of children in various religions.
- The pros and cons of religious literature.
- How can playing a musical instrument improve a person's mental state?
- How have music listening practices changed during the last two decades?
- The history of rock music.
- Is metal music always aggressive?
- The acoustic peculiarities of the banjo.
- Should music producers have due education?
- The role of rap music in modern social movements.
- How can AI compose music?
- The role of Physics in the creation of innovative synthesis methods.
- The music among the world's tribal people.
Entertainment and Sport
- Should sports bets be made illegal?
- The moral side of martial arts.
- Should women compete against men in most sports?
- Should college athletes have adjusted study curriculums?
- How can children become engaged in sports?
- The political bias in sports.
- Should the Olympic Games be a shared event?
- How can sports help to fight addiction?
- Video games are not a sport.
- The philosophy of chess.
- Technology makes us lazy.
- How the use of smartphones helps to save lives.
- The use of AI-powered technologies in education.
- Can a modern person survive without technology in 2022.
- The generational gap and technology.
- The negative impact of social media on physical communications.
- The history of the Internet.
- The ways to prevent online risks in 2022.
- How can technology prevent human trafficking?
- How can we provide equal technology all over the world?
Creative research paper topics
- The use of children's programming on TV channels.
- The media bias problem.
- How has Instagram changed our body image perceptions?
- What does being successful mean in 2022?
- How can we improve our social skills?
- The ways how joining a band can make you creative.
- How can watching history films improve our modern skills?
- The role of college students in the scientific research world.
- The reasons behind the Israel-Palestine conflict.
- How can people with special needs receive better education?
As a rule, your research topic must pose a strong argument or explore a certain idea. If some topic is too broad for your needs, think about ways how it could be narrowed down to meet your thesis. The trick is to make it unique and let it stand out from the rest!
Learn to Inspire
As you are making your topic choice from the list above, it doesn't matter if you are looking for some medical research topics or want to explore something else because the most important in either case is to find something that inspires you. By doing so, you can impress your school teacher or a college professor by showing genuine passion and knowledge regarding the subject. Feel free to learn with the help of our research topic ideas and remember that the more you brainstorm various ideas, the better!
Order your paper now!
- Marketing Research Paper Topics
- List of 78 Top Cyber Security Topics for Research
- 50+ Best Topics for Research in Computer Science
- 50+ Best Astronomy Research Topics You Can Write About
- 50+ Inspiring Animal Research Topics
Top 160 English Research Topics and Ideas To Deal With
Table of Contents
What are the best English Research Topics? Do you want to write an impressive research paper on a unique English research topic? In general, when it comes to writing a research paper on English, there are numerous topics you can research about. However, out of them all, choosing an interesting topic that will help you grab the attention of the readers is really challenging.
If you are confused about how to choose a good English research topic and write a brilliant English research paper, then continue reading this blog and learn how to get started. Also, explore the suggested list of the top English research paper topics and ideas for writing an A+ English assignment.
How to Select the Best English Research Topic?
It is essential for every student to have knowledge on how to select a good topic for writing an academic essay or research paper. No matter whether it is an English research paper or the research papers of any other subject, whenever you are assigned a task to write a research paper by selecting a topic on your own, this is what you should do.
- First, identify the topic of your interest.
- Conduct background research and brainstorm different ideas related to your area of interest.
- Note down various keywords that will help you narrow down the essay topic.
- Finally, analyze and get different perspectives of the topic by raising the questions such as what, why, who, and when.
- Based on your answers to the variety of questions, prepare an outline of how your content would look like.
- Before finalizing your research topic, keep in mind the length, due date and also check whether or not your topic meets all the assignment requirements shared by your instructor.
For choosing the best English research topic, you don’t need to be so focused on a specific topic. Instead, you can modify your topic and generate new interesting research ideas to deal with by analyzing the different perspectives of the topic.
Remember, the research topic you choose is said to be good only if it is interesting and exciting to you and your readers. Also, it is advisable to go with the topic you are familiar with and have a wide research scope and different reference sources. So, when generating research paper topic ideas, keep these aspects in mind and make sure to pick a unique topic that will help you earn an A+ grade.
Read More – Learn and Understand the Common English Techniques
English Research Paper Topics and Ideas
As said earlier, English is a broad subject with a variety of research topics. If you are asked to write an English research paper, you can choose any topic from categories that are related to English literature, technology, drugs and alcohol, politics, culture, religion, gender discrimination, and activism.
Usually, searching and finding a good research topic consumes a lot of time and effort. Hence, in order to make your searching process easier and to help you save your time, here we have recommended a list of the top English Research Topics and Ideas.
Go through the entire list of ideas and pick a research topic that is comfortable for you to perform research and write a top-quality English research paper.
Outstanding English Research Topics
- Examine American Literature
- How have women contributed to literature?
- Advantages of studying internationally versus locally
- What is the prevalence of discrimination at work today?
- How do alcohol and drug addiction lead to suicide?
- Ways of improving race relations
- How have novels impacted political issues?
- Should corporal punishment be allowed?
- Analyze terrorism and its impact on business
- Should drug testing be mandatory for student-athletes?
- How effective is the no child left behind the act?
- The effect of cell phones and texting
- The impact of tenure on the teaching quality
- The impact of tariffs on domestic jobs
- The issue of accessibility of contraceptives for high school students
Amazing English Research Topics
- Should people sell their organs to get money?
- Ways of reducing human trafficking in America
- The role of technology in economics
- Psychological factors that influence consumer choice
- Biblical allegories in modern literature
- Democratic political system along with its benefits and limitations
- Difference between authoritarianism, democracy and monarchy
- Biblical hermeneutics
- Manuscripts of the New Testament
- Textual criticism of the New Testament
- Controversies related to Euthanasia
- Describe the contributions of Indian writers to English literature.
- Explain the theme of racism in Heart of Darkness by Josef Conrad.
- The manifestation of non-standard usage of English among University Students.
- Describe the personal happiness versus societal norms in Victorian literature.
Excellent English Research Paper Topics
- Find and compare the same characters of Japanese Myths and anime series
- How has Miguel de Cervantes ridiculed chivalrous ideals, and why is it now essential for society?
- The consequences of negativity in modern literature.
- How can hunting become a necessary means in some cases?
- Provide a detailed history of the Hundred Years’ War and its results.
- Holy Roman Empire: from successor to the Romans to a Nazi symbol.
- Liberalism in national politics: emergence and evolution.
- The history of the world as a series of conquests.
- Impact of counselling and guidance on scholars’ academic performance.
- Sexism in the media industry
- Drawbacks of a democratic political system
- The issue of feminist women being too harsh on other women who don’t support the movement
- Whether or not convicted criminals should be eligible for social welfare.
- The effects of gangs in poor urban centers
- How can the pleasure of literature lead to a dark side?
Best English Research Paper Topics
- The perception of how women love in the legend of La Llorona
- The importance of the digitization of medical records
- Life in London in the 18th century
- Literary criticism of The Monk by Mathew Lewis
- Compare and contrast the Dover Beach by Matthew Arnold and The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock by T.S Eliot.
- Discuss the theme of industrialization, corruption, and capitalism using Williams Blake’s London.
- The expectation of women in Marge Piercy’s Barbie Doll
- Criticism of gender roles in The Pygmalion by George Bernard Shaw
- The theme of racism in Heart of Darkness by Josef Conrad
- How modern-day heroes shape young people
- The link between illegal immigration and terrorism
- Does modern technology for teaching affect the quality of education?
- How marriage has changed in modern society
- Celebration of Pride Month in the United Kingdom
- Cases of Mercy Killing in the United States
English Research Paper Topics for Students
- Euthanasia – Right to Die versus Right to Life
- Use of automation in healthcare system
- What is the neoclassical period in English Literature?
- What is Medieval English Literature as well as idea of anthology?
- Explain the variations across the different dialects and speakers of English
- What is the impact of diversity on a society’s development and progress?
- Should the government control what is served in school cafeterias?
- The high school curriculum should include subjects related to real life. Discuss.
- What are the psychological effects of the Holocaust on the survivors?
- Effectiveness of the federal education system as compared to other countries’ education systems.
- Discuss the role of postsecondary educational institutions in American literacy.
- Legal consequences of plagiarism in academic writing.
- How to boost English communication skills for international students?
- Technical barriers in oral and written communication in the English language.
- How myths about eating certain foods are affecting health
Interesting English Research Topics
- Pros and Cons of e-learning
- The American dream for immigrants and minorities
- Is UFOS a reality or fiction?
- America’s dream for immigrants and minorities
- How has the role of women in the military and battlefield changed?
- How technology is revolutionizing terrorism
- The drawbacks of online dating apps
- How depression affects human behavior
- Violent discipline by caregivers affects a child’s mental growth
- How alternative medicine for cancer is unsafe
- Negative effects of doing the wrong exercises
- Cybercrime is the new terrorism
- European influence on fashion in the world
- The genetic link to optimism can shape attitudes. Explain
- The impact of Bioterrorism
Captivating English Research Topics
- Effects of commercialization of sports
- Dangers of consuming organic foods
- The refugee crisis is increasing terrorism
- Analysis of the crisis between Ukraine and Russia
- Impact of the controversial cartoon of Prophet Muhammad
- Recent issue on Prophet Muhammad
- Threat of Third World War
- How the English Language Has Evolved Over the Last 20 Years Due to Improvements in Technology.
- What is the difference between the communicative English as well as Written English?
- The dream of the Americans in terms of the immigrants as well as minorities
- What is psychology and Literature?
- Does beauty, in general, determine how much a person will be successful in life?
- What are some pros and cons related to plastic surgery?
- Cross-cultural influences of the English language.
- Should sports betting be regulated?
Great English Research Topics
- Tobacco advertising and its effects
- Dangers of weight lifting on women
- The definition of feminism has changed since the 18th century
- Should it be mandatory for parents to control their kid’s social media accounts?
- Globalization and how it affects the economy
- Contributions by Indian writers to English literature.
- The civil rights movement and the effects
- Shakespeare’s contribution to English literature.
- Industrialization and agricultural activities are the greatest contributors to climate change
- Is social media making it easy for models to become rich?
- The reasons for fictional languages in literature
- Female writers in English literature.
- Gender controversy in modern English.
- Challenges of learning English as a second language
- The role of women in the military.
Popular English Research Topics
- The impact of child labor on society.
- The decline or increase of divorce over the decades
- The role of affirmative action in education or work
- The COVID-19 – An Unrestricted Bio-weapon
- The Outbreak of Monkeypox
- Contribution of the World Poet Rabindranath Tagore in the field of global literature
- Contribution of William Gaddis in the field of US literature
- Can fan fiction considered in terms of the independent literature?
- What do you mean by comedy literature?
- What is the influence of the modern technology on the quality of the education?
- How depression affects human behaviour?
- The effective ways to reduce bullying in learning institutions
- What has led to the reduction of unemployment today?
- Analyze crimes orchestrated by white collars and the punishments
- How prevalent are wrongful convictions?
Impressive English Research Paper Topics
- Should we legalize all illegal immigrants?
- How efficient are police borders?
- How are activism and protests criminalized?
- The modern pop musician has more influence than musicians of the 80s
- Children should be taught at school about various types of sexual orientation
- Therapy and how it can be an effective rehabilitation method for hard-core prisoners
- Is bodybuilding only for boosting ego or for health reasons?
- Dehumanization effects of colonialism in Heart of Darkness by Josef Conrad
- Sea symbolism in Dover Beach by Matthew Arnold
- Use the Monk by Matthew Lewis as a response to formal realism.
- Strange medieval family laws and their influence on society
- Golan Heights and its importance to the Israelites
- The pros and cons of legalizing prostitution
- Second-hand smoke is the major cause of lung cancer deaths
- Athletes are excelling because of their professional trainers.
Trending English Research Paper Topics
- How obsession with healthy eating can drive more people into anorexia
- Ethical use of Stem Cells
- What are the reasons for the fictional languages in the literature?
- Is it ethical to wear fur coats?
- Are standardized tests a good way to evaluate a student’s knowledge?
- Is random drug testing in the workplace ethical and necessary?
- Is technology affecting health management?
- If college education is made free, will it be more or less qualitative?
- Does motivation play a role in human development?
- Do pharmaceutical companies view the Ebola vaccine as unprofitable?
- Should the use of marijuana be regulated?
- Have the effects of religious cults changed today as compared to those in ancient society?
- Caricature and Nigger – An Anti-Black Imagery
- Effect of systemic diseases on olfactory functioning among the coronavirus infected patients
From the list of English research topics and ideas suggested in this blog post, you can use any topic of your choice and come up with an excellent, top-scoring English research paper. If you still find it difficult to choose an impressive English research paper topic, then you can use our English Assignment Help service without hesitation.
To help you in identifying a good research topic and crafting a plagiarism-free, authentic research paper, we have a team of professional academic writers. Once you place your order by writing your assignment requirements to us, then immediately our assignment helpers will assist you in delivering essays or research papers on the best topics as per your requirements on time.
We are well-known for offering reliable essay writing and research paper writing service to our customers by connecting them with well-experienced academic writers in various fields of study. So, without any second thought, just avail of our USA assignment help & writing service to enjoy the necessary academic benefits at a reasonable rate.
R vs. Stata: Which One is the Best For Data Science?
150 Outstanding Big Data Research Topics for Every Student to Explore
198 Captivating Social Issues Topics for Essay or Research Paper
Comments are closed.
- Featured Posts
Top 140 Bioethics Topics To Consider For Writing a Research Paper
160 excellent business essay topics and ideas to focus on, how to write a reflective essay, different types of essay formats- mla, apa, and chicago, apa vs. mla: learn the major differences between the citation styles, top 152 cybercrime research topics for students to consider, an understanding of the language features and structural features, 150+ fabulous criminology dissertation ideas for you to consider, 153 fantastic narrative essay topics for you to explore and consider, 100 motivational quotes for students to succeed in academic life, get help instantly.
Raise Your Grades with Great Assignment Help
My Speech Class
Public Speaking Tips & Speech Topics
717 Good Research Paper Topics
Jim Peterson has over 20 years experience on speech writing. He wrote over 300 free speech topic ideas and how-to guides for any kind of public speaking and speech writing assignments at My Speech Class.
Some examples of common research paper styles include:
- Argumentative Research Papers
- Persuasive Research Papers
- Education Research Papers
- Analytical Research Papers
- Informative Research Papers
Your research essay topic may also need to be related to the specific class you are taking. For example, an economics class may require a business research paper, while a class on human behavior may call for a psychology research paper.
The requirements for your paper will vary depending on whether you are in high school, college, or a postgraduate student. In high school, you may be able to choose an easy topic and cite five or six sources you found on Google or Yahoo!, but college term papers require more in-depth research from reliable sources, such as scholarly books and peer-reviewed journals.
Do you need some help with brainstorming for topics? Some common research paper topics include abortion, birth control, child abuse, gun control, history, climate change, social media, AI, global warming, health, science, and technology.
But we have many more!
On this page, we have hundreds of good research paper topics across a wide range of subject fields. Each of these topics could be used “as is” to write your paper, or as a starting point to develop your own topic ideas.
Can We Write Your Speech?
Get your audience blown away with help from a professional speechwriter. Free proofreading and copy-editing included.
How to Choose Your Research Paper Topic
The first step to developing an interesting research paper is choosing a good topic. Finding a topic can be difficult, especially if you don’t know where to start. Finding the Right Research Paper Topic
If you are in a class that allows you to choose your own term paper topic, there are some important areas to consider before you begin your project:
Your Level of Interest: Research papers are time-consuming; you will be spending countless hours researching the topic and related topics, developing several primary and secondary sources, and putting everything together into a paper that is coherent and accomplishes your objectives. If you do not choose a topic you are passionate about, the process will be far more tedious, and the finished product may suffer as a result.
Your Level of Experience: Being interested in a topic is great, but it is even more helpful if you already know something about it. If you can find a topic that you already have some personal and/or professional experience with, it will vastly reduce the amount of research needed and make the whole process much easier.
Available Information on the Topic: Be sure to choose a topic that is not only interesting but also one that has numerous sources available from which to compile your research. A researchable topic with several potential sources gives you access to the level of information you need to become an authority on the subject.
Your Audience: An interesting topic to you may not necessarily be interesting to your professor or whoever is grading your research paper. Before you begin, consider the level of interest of the person(s) who will be reading it. If you are writing a persuasive or argumentative essay, also consider their point of view on the subject matter.
As you begin researching your topic, you may want to revise your thesis statement based on new information you have learned. This is perfectly fine, just have fun and pursue the truth, wherever it leads. If you find that you are not having fun during the research phase, you may want to reconsider the topic you have chosen.
The process of writing the research paper is going to be very time consuming so it’s important to select a topic that is going to sustain your interest for the duration of the project. It is good to select a topic that is relevant to your life since you are going to spend a long time researching and writing about it. Perhaps you are considering starting your own business or pursuing a career in politics. Look through the suggested research paper topics and find one in a category that you can relate to easily. Finding a topic that you have some personal interest in will help make the arduous task a lot easier, and the project will have better results because of your vested interest.
Our List of Research Topics and Issues
Affirmative action, health, pharmacy, medical treatments, interpersonal communication, marketing and advertising, barack obama, discrimination, bill clinton, hilary clinton, computer crimes and security, cosmetic surgery, controversial, criminal justice, donald trump, easy/simple, environment, family violence, foreign policy, gambling and lotteries, the lgbtq community, generational conflict, gun control, hate crimes, immigration, middle east, maternity/paternity leave, natural disasters, police work, population explosion, pornography, prisons and prisoners, prostitution, ronald reagan, student loan debt, teen issues, women, mothers, what, why, and how, relationships.
We compiled an exhaustive list of topics that would make excellent research papers. The topics are specifically organized to help you find one that will work for your project. Broad topics are headed, and then below them are narrowed topics, all to help you find an area to focus on. The way we have organized the topics for research papers can save you lots of time getting prepared to write your research paper.
We have topics that fit into categories that cover such areas as education, environmental sciences, communication and languages, current events, politics, business, criminal justice, art, psychology, economics to name just a few. Simply get started by choosing the category that interests you and peruse through the topics listed in that category and you’ll be well on your way to constructing an excellent research paper.
Be sure to check other topics ideas: persuasive speech topics , argumentative speech topics , policy speech topics . We also have some sample outlines and essay templates .
- What limits are responsible?
- What limits are realistic?
- How to protect abortion doctors, pregnant women, and the protection of abortion clinics vs. the right to protest
- Partial birth abortion
- Scientific evidence vs. definition of viability
- Stem cell research
- Unborn victims of violence
- Relative equality has been achieved vs. serious inequities continue
- Can racial balance in business, education, and the military be achieved without policies that promote Affirmative Action
- Reverse discrimination
- NOW, National Organization for Women
- No government support vs. fairness to parents who pay twice for education
- Separation of church and state vs. religion’s contribution to the public good
- Placement by age vs. placement by academic ability
- Mainstreaming students with disabilities vs. special classrooms for their special needs
- Required standardized tests for advancement vs. course requirements only
- National standardized tests vs. local control of education
- Discrimination in education
- Multicultural/bilingual education vs. traditional basics
- Teacher competency tests vs. degree requirements only
- Teacher’s needs/demands vs. teaching as a service profession
- Policing schools
- School’s responsibility vs. parental responsibility for school violence
- Drug and alcohol abuse, pregnancy, suicide
- Zero tolerance toward violence vs. toughness with flexibility
- Permit corporal punishment
- Exams often do little more than measure a person’s ability to take exams. Should exams be outlawed in favor of another form of assessment?
- Should teens in the U.S. adopt the British custom of taking a “gap year” between high school and college?
- In some European schools, fewer than 10% of students get “As”. Is there grade inflation in the U.S.? Why so many “As” for Americans?
- Education and funding
- Grade inflation
- No Child Left Behind Act: Is it working?
- Home schooling
- Standardized tests
- Are children smarter (or more socialized) because of the Internet?
- Should the federal government be allowed to regulate information on the internet?
- How has the music industry been affected by the internet and digital downloading?
- How does a search engine work?
- What are the effects of prolonged steroid use on the human body?
- What are the benefits and hazards of medical marijuana?
- How does tobacco use affect the human body?
- Do the benefits of vaccination outweigh the risks?
- What are some common sleep disorders and how are they treated?
- What are the risks of artificial tanning or prolonged exposure to the sun?
- Should thin people have to pay Medicare and other health costs for the health problems of obese people? Should obese people have higher premiums?
- Low carbohydrate vs. low fat diets
- Benefits of weight training vs. aerobics
- How much weekly exercise is needed to achieve lasting health benefits
- Health websites give too much information
- Psychological disorders, such as cutting and self-harm, eating disorders, Autism, Tourette Syndrome, ADHD, ADD, Asperger Syndrome
- Are we taking it too far by blaming fast food restaurants for obesity? When is it individual responsibility and when is it appropriate to place blame?
- Should companies allow employees to exercise on work time?
- Steroids, Antibiotics, Sprays; Are food manufacturers killing us?
- Alternative medicine
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Causes of eating disorders, society’s portrayal of women
- Eating disorders statistics
- Down’s syndrome
- Birth control
- Dietary supplements
- Exercise and fitness
- Heart disease
- In vitro fertilization
- Attention deficit disorder
- Investigate the history and authenticity of ADHD and ADD.
- Organic foods
- Prescription drugs
- Learning disabilities
- Coma recovery: techniques, successes, new strategies.
- What are the primary types of cancer, and in what ways are they related?
- Investigate the success ratio of holistic and non-medical cancer treatments.
- Is Alzheimer’s inevitable? Examine theories regarding its prevention.
- What forms of physical degeneracy are seen as linked to aging?
- Investigate the connections between emotional stability and physical well-being, and provide evidence as to how the two may be related.
- Investigate differences in rates of injury recovery and overcoming illness based on cultural parameters.
- Examine the modern history of viral epidemics, researching what is known about the emergence of deadly viruses.
- Examine how congenital heart disease may be treated, and how it differs from other forms of heart disease.
- Is occasional depression a natural state to an extent, and is society too eager to treat this as a disorder?
- Investigate Sociopathy, determine biological and psychological roots, typical patterns, and potentials of treatment.
- How are compulsive behaviors determined as such? Explore examples of anal retention and expulsion, OCD, etc., as offering accepted criteria.
- Research and analyze the nature of codependency as both a normal state of relations and as an unhealthy extreme.
- Investigate the history and practice of electroshock, analyzing how and why this extreme treatment came to be widely used.
- Hoarding: symptoms and treatments, causes, types of hoarding
- Limits on extraordinary, costly treatments vs. doing everything possible
- Nutritional/alternative therapy vs. mainstream medical treatment insurance coverage for alternative treatment?
- Government grants for alternative treatment research?
- Health superiority of alternative treatments?
- Assisted suicide vs. preservation of life
- Governmental insurance requirements
- Should there be a national database to track controlled substances (i.e., OXYCODONE) or should it be a state issue?
- Should parents avoid vaccinating their children?
- Decline of communication due to technology
- Online social networks and their influence
- Impact of texting and cell phones
- How do men and women communicate differently using body language, and why does it matter (in dating, the workplace, and social circles)?
- Limitations of the media
- Marketing to children
- Sexual innuendos in marketing
- Global marketing trends
- Should certain kinds of ads be banned in the interest of health/morality/annoyance – alcohol, cigarettes, prescription meds, etc…?
- Children’s programming and advertising
- Most controversial political ads
- Media response and public outcry to political ads
- Campaign funds and their relation to political advertising
- Domestic policy
- Separation of church and state
- Judge nominations and make up of supreme court
- Congressional opposition to presidential nominees/filibusters
- Affirmative action
- Erosion of civil liberties vs. protection against terrorism
- Patriot Act One and Two
- Most developed nations have universal health coverage. Why doesn’t the U.S., the wealthiest nation, have it?
- Tax cut as economic stimulation
- Needs of the states vs. needs of the individuals
- Budget deficits and deficit spending
- Rich vs. poor
- Protection of victims vs. freedom of speech/rights of the accused
- How to improve race relations
- Women still earn only 75 cents for every $1 a man earns. Explain why.
- Discrimination in the workplace: analyzing issues for today’s corporations.
- Gender discrimination
- Interracial marriage
- Should government impose restrictions on what kinds of foods can be served in school cafeterias?
- Pros and cons of school uniforms.
- Do children learn better in boys-only and girls-only schools?
- Charter schools
- Prayer in schools
- Rights of the individual vs. community safety (or campus safety)
- Funding for research
- U.S. obligation to third world countries
- Manufacturing of generic drugs vs. U.S. pharmaceutical companies
- How contagious diseases “jump” from animal hosts to human
- What treatments are available to people infected with HIV and are they effective?
- Right to privacy of a child with AIDS vs. safety of other children
- Limits for campus safety vs. personal freedom
- Implications on violence and crime
- Issues with binge drinking
- Should the U.S. lower the drinking age to 18?
- Leniency because of condition vs. community safety
- Revoking drivers license vs. being able to attend classes and work
- Age discrimination of violators
- Animal rights vs. medical research
- Should it be illegal to use animals for sports and entertainment?
- Humane treatment of animals vs. factory farms
- Animal welfare in slaughter houses
- Animal protection vs. business, employment interests
- School prestige vs. academic standards
- Should shoe companies be able to give away free shoes and equipment to high school athletes?
- Should college athletes be paid?
- Doping in sports
- What are the effects on children whose parents push them in sports?
- Steroids: Should they be legalized?
- Title IX: Has it helped women’s sports? Has it harmed men’s sports?
- Social effects of team sports
- Needed in public school library/curriculum?
- Needed in entertainment industry?
- Needed on the Internet?
- Should parents censor textbooks and other literature for children in schools?
- Parental filters on the Internet. Does censorship actually increase curiosity and use of pornography?
- How is internet censorship used in China and around the world?
- How has United States censorship changed over the decades?
- Democratic kingmaker, influence on political succession
- Impact of global initiative
- Influence on fundraising
- Influence as Secretary of State
- Foreign policies
- Influence on women
- ACT or SAT score requirements
- Promotional techniques, such as 1st time scholarships
- 4 year vs. 2 year colleges
- College admission policies
- College tuition planning
- Distance education
- Diploma mills
- Online porn vs. freedom of speech
- Stalking, invasion of privacy vs. reasonable access
- Hacking crimes–workable solutions?
- What are the latest ways to steal identity and money?
- From where does spam email come and can we stop it?
- How do computer viruses spread and in what ways do they affect computers?
- Cyber security
- Securing Internet commerce: is it possible in today’s arms’ race of hackers and evolving technology?
- Is downloading of media (music, videos, software) infringing on the rights of media producers and causing economic hardships on media creators?
- Should media producers prosecute students and individuals that they suspect of downloading copyrighted materials?
- Programs such as SPOTIFY and PANDORA
- Copyright Law
- Age limitations on surgery
- Addiction to surgery
- Demand for beauty by society
- The dangers of breast implants for teenagers
- The cost of cosmetic surgery
- Plastic surgery
- Weight loss surgery
- Are surgeons “scissor happy,” and are surgeries widely unnecessarily
- Negative texting, instant messaging, email
- Is cyber-bullying as bad as face-to-face?
- Kinds of punishment for cyber-bullying
- Media response
- Should the state or federal government put laws into place to prevent bullying?
- Is homosexuality a choice, or are people born gay?
- Evolution vs. Creationism.
- Should “under God” remain in the Pledge of Allegiance?
- Is healthcare a right or a privilege?
- Fossil fuels vs. alternative energy.
- Transgender bathroom policies.
- Capitalism vs. socialism.
- Should parents be allowed to spank their children?
- Should sanctuary cities lose their federal funding?
- The pros and cons of gun control.
- Should the U.S. continue drone strikes in foreign countries?
- Was the U.S. justified in going to war with Iraq?
- How to solve the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
- The pros and cons of animal testing.
- Do pro athletes have the right to sit during the national anthem?
- Incarceration rates in the U.S.
- Technology and the criminal justice system.
- Police brutality and minorities.
- Should the police wear body cameras?
- In what circumstances should the death penalty be allowed?
- Should we have stiffer penalties for drunk driving?
- Should those who text while driving be put in jail?
- White-collar crime and punishment.
- Criminalizing protests and activism.
- The rise of wrongful convictions.
- Mutual consent vs. exploitation
- Campuses with “no touch” policy
- Drugs associated to Date Rape
- Violence and Rape
- Government support vs. parental financing
- Benefits vs. harmful effects
- Trump’s unconventional presidential campaign.
- The psychology of Donald Trump.
- Who is behind Trump’s political rise?
- Donald Trump and evangelical voters.
- Donald Trump the businessman.
- Trump’s war on the press (aka “fake news”).
- The Trump Organization and conflicts of interest.
- The border wall and illegal immigration policy.
- Global warming and climate change policy.
- Trump-Russia collusion.
- The rapid rise of “The Resistance.”
- Trump’s legislative agenda; e.g., health care, tax policy, deregulation, etc.
- Trump’s “America First” trade and foreign policy.
- The case for (or against) the Trump presidency.
- Punishment vs. treatment
- Family reactions
- Social acceptance
- Community safety vs. legalization
- United States military involvement in Colombian drug trade?
- Drug legalization
- Abstinence Program: Do they work?
- Should the federal government legalize the use of marijuana?
- What is the true key to happiness?
- What is the cause of America’s obesity crisis?
- Why sleep is necessary.
- Are plastic bottles really bad for you?
- How to encourage people to recycle more.
- How 3D printers benefit everyone.
- How do GPS systems on smartphones work?
- How have oil spills impacted the environment?
- Verbal vs. nonverbal communication.
- The accuracy of lie detector tests.
- How Bill Gates and Steve Jobs changed the world.
- The pros and cons of hitchhiking.
- The PC vs. the Mac.
- What causes tornadoes?
- Pollution, air, and water
- Endangered species
- What are the risks of climate change and global warming?
- Rain forests
- Alternative energy
- Alternative fuel/hybrid vehicles
- Greenhouse effect
- Marine pollution
- How have oil spills affected the planet and what steps are being taken to prevent them?
- Sustainability of buildings
- Recycling programs
- Cost of “green” programs
- Wind turbines
- Landfill issues
- Renewable fuels
- Radioactive waste disposal
- Soil pollution
- Wildlife conservation: what efforts are being taken to protect endangered wildlife?
- Excessive burden on industries?
- Drilling for oil in Alaska’s ANWR (Arctic National Wildlife Refuge)
- Gasoline consumption vs. SUV’s popularity
- Wildlife protection vs. rights of developers
- Clean air and water standards–weakened vs. strengthened
- What are the dangers of scuba diving and underwater exploration?
- Should the use of coal be subjected to stricter environmental regulations than other fuels?
- Is global warming a hoax? Is it being exaggerated?
- How much is too much noise? What, if anything, should we do to curb it?
- Protecting victims vs. rights of the accused
- Women who kill abusive husbands vs. punishment for murder
- Marital rape?
- How to protect children vs. respect for parental rights
- Children who kill abusive parents
- Child abuse–workable solutions?
- Child abuse
- Domestic abuse
- Organic farming vs. mainline use of chemical sprays
- How to best protect the environment; conservation
- Family vs. corporate farms
- Food production costs
- Third world debt and World Bank/International Monetary Fund
- Military support vs. economic development of third world countries
- Human rights violations
- European Union in competition with the U.S.
- Relevance of the United Nations
- Neocon role in foreign policy
- Christian right influence on foreign policy
- Pentagon vs. State Department
- Nation building as a policy
- Arms control
- Obama’s National Strategy for Counterterrorism
- Control of al Qaeda
- Drawdown of U.S. Armed Forces in the Middle East
- Cats vs. dogs: which makes the better pet?
- My pet can live forever: why I love animal clones.
- According to my social media profile, my life is perfect.
- Football vs. baseball: which sport is America’s favorite pastime?
- Starbucks vs. Caribou: whose coffee is better?
- What does your dog really think of you?
- Why millennials deserve lower pay.
- What makes people end up with so many mismatched socks?
- How to become a research paper master.
- How reading Tuesdays with Morrie can make you wiser.
- Easy way to earn revenues vs. social damage
- Individual freedom vs. social damage
- Do lotteries actually benefit education or is it a scam?
- Can gamblers ever acquire a statistical advantage over the house in casino games?
- Should there be a constitutional amendment that allows gays and lesbians to legally marry?
- Adoption rights?
- Need special rights for protection?
- College campus response
- Gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgender
- Gay parenting
- Elderly to share in the tax burden vs. government support of elderly
- Future of social security
- Job discrimination
- Child rearing
- Employment issues
- Generational differences
- Community and police safety vs. unrestricted right to bear arms
- NRA (National Rifle Association)
- 2nd Amendment
- Do states that allow citizens to carry guns have higher or lower crime rates?
- Community safety vs. freedom of Speech
- Punishment inequities
- Persecution of alternative lifestyles
- Church Arson: Hate crime?
- Prevention of hazing
- Greek organizations and rituals of hazing
- Statistics of death or injury due to Hazing
- High Schools and Hazing
- What happened during the Salem witch trials?
- How did trains and railroads change life in America?
- What may have occurred during the Roswell UFO incident of 1947?
- What Olympic events were practiced in ancient Greece?
- How did Cleopatra come to power in Egypt? What did she accomplish during her reign?
- What are the origins of the conflict in Darfur?
- What was the women’s suffrage movement and how did it change America?
- How was the assassination of Abraham Lincoln plotted and executed?
- How did Cold War tension affect the US and the world?
- What happened to the lost settlers at Roanoke?
- How did Julius Caesar affect Rome?
- How did the Freedom Riders change society?
- What was the code of the Bushido and how did it affect samurai warriors?
- How did Joan of Arc change history?
- What dangers and hardships did Lewis and Clark face when exploring the Midwest?
- How are the Great Depression and the Great Recession similar and different?
- What was the Manhattan Project and what impact did it have on the world?
- Why did Marin Luther protest against the Catholic Church?
- How did the Roman Empire fall?
- How did the black plague affect Europe?
- How did Genghis Khan conquer Persia?
- How did journalists influence US war efforts in Vietnam?
- Who is Vlad the Impaler and what is his connection to Count Dracula?
- Who was a greater inventor, Leonardo di Vinci or Thomas Edison?
- What was the role of African Americans during the Revolutionary War?
- What was Britain’s view of India during British rule?
- What were the factors in the China-Tibet conflict?
- Research and analyze the emergence of the Catholic Church as a political force following the collapse of the Roman Empire.
- Investigate Dr. Eileen Powers’ claim that the Roman Empire was lost primarily due to an inability to perceive itself as subject to the change inevitable to all governments, or her “force of nature” theory.
- Explore and discuss the actual cooperation occurring through the centuries of Barbarian conquest of Rome.
- Examine the differences and similarities between Western and Eastern concepts and practices of kingship.
- Investigate and explain the trajectory of ALEXANDER THE GREAT’s empire, with minimal emphasis on personal leadership.
- To what extent did commerce first link Eastern and Western cultures, and how did this influence early international relations?
- Research and analyze how Japan moved from a feudalistic to a modern state, and how geographic isolation played a role in the process.
- Analyze the process and effects of Romanization on the Celtic people of ancient England: benefits, conflicts, influences.
- Overview of British dominance of Ireland, Wales, and Scotland! How was this justified in each case, and what motivated the attempts over centuries of rebellion and failure?
- Investigate the known consequences of Guttenberg’s printing press within the first 30 years of its invention, and only in regard to the interaction between European nations.
- Identify and analyze the point at which the Reformation became fused with European politics and nationalist agendas.
- To what extent did Henry VIII promote the Reformation, despite his vigorous persecution of heretics in England?
- Trace and discuss the uses of papal power as a military and political device in the 14th and 15th centuries.
- Research the city/state of Florence from the 13th to the 16th centuries, discussing how and why it evolved as so fiercely republican.
- Compare and contrast the Russian Czarism of Peter, Elizabeth, and Catherine with the monarchies of England and France in the 18th and 19th centuries.
- Investigate the enormous significance of Catholic Orthodoxy as the dominant faith in Russia, and its meaning and influence in an empire populated by a minimal aristocracy and predominant serfdom.
- To what extent did Philip II’s religious convictions shape European policy and conflict in the 16th century?
- Trace the path leading to the convocation of the Estates in France in the late 18th century, leading to the Revolution. Assess political and social errors responsible.
- What eventually ended serfdom in Russia, and why were numerous attempts to end it by the Czars in power consistently unsuccessful?
- Research and report on how England was transformed in the 19th century by the industrial revolution and the advent of the railroad.
- Compare and contrast the consequences of the industrial revolutions in England and America in terms of urbanization.
- What were the circumstances leading to World War I, and how might the war have been averted?
- Assess the Cold War of the 20th century in an historical context: can any parallels be made between this conflict and other ongoing tensions between major powers in earlier centuries?
- Analyze Roosevelt’s decisions in implementing the New Deal, beginning with the closing of the banks. Suggest alternative strategies, or reinforce the rationale of the actions.
- What architectural marvels were found in Tenochtitlan, capital of the Aztec Empire?
- What was the cultural significance of the first moon landing?
- Food programs
- Welfare reform
- Governmental supplementation
- Homeless: urban restrictions vs. needs of the destitute
- Workable solutions?
- Realistic limits vs. openness toward people in need
- English as official language vs. respect for diversity
- Should illegal immigrants be made legal citizens?
- Access to public school and public programs for Illegal Aliens
- Policing borders–workable solutions?
- Employment and/or taxation for Illegal Aliens
- International trade
- “Shock and awe”
- U.S. occupation vs. liberation
- Iraqi run vs. U.S. puppet state
- Oil and Gas prices-Control of resources
- Effective self-government
- War on Terrorism
- Is America winning or losing the War? What is the measurement of success? Have the benefits outweighed the costs?
- Parental leave for both parents
- FMLA (Family Medical Leave Act)
- Bonding time
- Preemptive strike policy
- Precision weapons
- Intelligence reliability
- Afghanistan – a success or stalemate
- Should the U.S. have mandatory military conscriptions? For whom?
- Governmental support
- School emergency plans
- Community warning systems
- Damage costs
- U.S. presidential elections should be decided by the popular vote, rather than the Electoral College.
- The minimum wage should be increased to provide a “livable” wage for working families.
- There should be stiffer penalties for those who commit animal cruelty.
- School vouchers increase competition and create better quality schools.
- The corporate tax rate should be lowered to create more jobs.
- Social Security should be privatized.
- Human torture should be banned in all circumstances.
- Affirmative action is still needed to ensure racial and gender equality.
- The U.S. dollar should go back on the gold standard.
- Euthanasia and assisted suicide should be outlawed.
- Police brutality vs. dangers that police face
- Racially motivated brutality?
- Politician’s right to privacy vs. the public’s right to know
- Amount of money going into presidential campaigns
- Views on abortion, gay marriage, and other controversial topics
- Political debates throughout history
- Third-party candidates at presidential debates
- Rights of religious citizens vs. freedom from imposition (e.g. prayer in schools)
- Religious motivation for political involvement vs. cultural pluralism
- Christian Right’s influence on foreign policy
- How serious? Causes? Workable solutions?
- Funding abortion as a form of birth control in third world countries?
- What would happen globally if the demand for natural resources is greater than the supply?
- Limitation of social deterioration vs. freedom of speech
- Definition of Pornography
- Child Pornography
- Building prisons vs. alternative sentencing
- Adjusted sentencing for lesser crimes
- Community service
- Diversion Programs for inmates
- How does the prison population in America compare to other nations?
- Prostitution laws in the US and abroad
- Benefits and drawbacks to legalizing prostitution
- Psychological effect on prostitutes and former prostitutes
- Sex slavery, buying and selling
- Should the government be allowed to wire tap without permission?
- What limitations, if any, should be applied to the paparazzi?
- What medical information should be confidential? Who, if anybody, should have access to medical records?
- Does the public have a right to know about a public figure’s private life?
- Privacy rights
- Do harsher punishments mean fewer convictions?
- Date rape: consent vs. exploitation
- Drugs-Rohypnol, GHB, KETAMINE
- Legalization of Date Rape Drugs
- Recently, a 17-year-old boy was sentenced to 10 years in prison for having consensual oral sex with a 15-year-old girl. Are statutory rape laws patronizing to girls and discriminatory to boys?
- Acquaintance rape
- Is there one true religion?
- Freedom of religion
- Offer distinct reasons why the Bible should be studied as literature, removed from religious significance.
- From Hollywood to the White House: the political rise of Ronald Reagan.
- The Great Communicator: how Reagan captured the hearts of Americans.
- 1981 assassination attempt: bullet wound leaves Reagan inches away from death.
- Reagan appoints the first female Supreme Court justice.
- The PATCO breakup and decline of the labor unions.
- Tax cuts and “Reaganomics.”
- The “Iran-Contra” scandal.
- Reagan, Gorbachev, and the end of the Cold War.
- The final act: Reagan’s Alzheimer’s disease diagnosis and long goodbye.
- How has airport security intensified since September 11th, 2001?
- Identity theft
- Homeland Security: Are we safer since the creation of this department?
- Should the government use invasive pat-downs and body scans to ensure passenger safety or are there better methods?
- Is arming Pilots a good idea?
- What responsibilities do secret service agents have?
- Student loan scams
- How to avoid student loan debt
- Managing student loan debt
- Driverless cars and the future of transportation.
- Breaking the glass ceiling: the impact of the women’s rights movement.
- How seniors contribute to societal well-being.
- How disabled individuals are viewed by society.
- The modern-day civil rights movement.
- Has technology made us more detached from society?
- The role of religion in society.
- In today’s society, are we better off or worse off than previous generations?
- Popular music and its impact on the culture.
- Class and geographical segregation.
- The differences between life in the city, suburbs, and/or rural areas.
- Should parents be able to create designer babies?
- Should microchips be implanted inside humans for better tracking and security?
- Will smart watches eventually replace cell phones?
- The pros and cons of being a global citizen.
- Progressive vs. flat tax
- Excessive taxes vs. worthwhile programs
- Is text messaging contributing to teen illiteracy?
- How eating disorders impact teens.
- Tablets vs. textbooks.
- Do standardized tests improve teen education?
- Are violent video games contributing to juvenile delinquency?
- Is English literature relevant for today’s teens?
- Should the HPV vaccine be required for teen girls?
- Do teachers inflate grades so students can pass?
- Should advertisers be allowed to target teens?
- How to encourage teens to stop smoking.
- The causes and effects of teen alcohol and drug abuse.
- How to prevent teen pregnancy.
- Osama Bin Laden
- World Trade Center and Pentagon bombings
- September 11, 2001
- War on terrorism
- Al Qaida: Has U.S. policy actually spread terrorism rather than contained it? Will it get better or worse? Why and how?
- Can terrorism ever be justified?
- What kind of person becomes a suicide bomber?
- What were the circumstances surrounding the death of Osama Bin Laden?
- Has the Patriot Act prevented or stopped terrorist acts in America?
- How is text messaging affecting teen literacy?
- Cell Phones: How have they changed us socially?
- Does the Information Age mean we are losing important historical information?
- Where did hip-hop music originate?
- A day in the life of a Buddhist monk.
- How does the brain store and retrieve memories?
- What life is like inside an ant colony.
- The case for and against the existence of UFOs.
- Can virtual reality adequately substitute for actual reality?
- Are dreams hidden messages or just hot air?
- Why do people collect the most ridiculous things?
- When is it time to get out of an abusive relationship?
- The art of pretending to care.
- Public attitudes toward veterans
- Health issues caused by service time
- Organizations for veterans
- Governmental support for veterans
- What programs are available to help war veterans get back into society?
- Iraq War Vets: Are they being cheated on medical benefits?
- Is there a glass ceiling?
- Obstacles to women running for political office?
- Should women be priests, pastors, ministers, and rabbis?
- What differences, if any, are there in children who are raised by stay-at-home moms and working moms? Does society today still discriminate against working mothers who wish to have flexible work schedules?
- Should stay-at-home moms get a salary from the government?
- Why do we sleep?
- How do GPS systems work?
- Who was the first person to reach the North Pole?
- Did anybody ever escape Alcatraz?
- What was life like for a gladiator?
- Are there any effective means of repelling insects?
- How is bulletproof clothing made?
- How was the skateboard invented and how has it changed over the years?
- What is life like inside of a beehive?
- Where did hip hop originate and who were its founders?
- What makes the platypus a unique and interesting mammal?
- What is daily life like for a Buddhist monk?
- How did gunpowder change warfare?
- How were cats and dogs domesticated and for what purposes?
- What do historians know about ninjas?
- Are humans still evolving?
- What is the curse of the pharaohs?
- Why was Socrates executed?
- How did ancient sailors navigate the globe?
- How are black holes formed?
- How do submarines work?
- Do lie detector tests accurately determine truthful statements?
- How does a hybrid car save energy?
- What ingredients can be found in a hotdog?
- How does a shark hunt?
- How does the human brain store and retrieve memories?
- How does stealth technology shield aircraft from radar?
- What causes tornados?
- How does night vision work?
- What causes desert mirages, and how do they affect wanderers?
- What are sinkholes, and how are they formed?
- What are the major theories explaining the disappearance of the dinosaurs?
- Should we reform laws to make it harder to get a divorce?
- Divorce rates
- Family relationships
- Family values
- Race relations
- Marriage and Divorce
- A view of home life and its effect on child development
- How 4 generations in the workplace can work together.
- Building positive employee relationships
- Modern work environments
- Business leadership
- Workforce regulations
- Small business and taxation
- Corporate law
- Issues in modern Human Resources: Are today’s corporations patronizing employees or being more responsible for them?
- Cultural conflict in globalization: Strategies for successfully establishing a presence in a foreign culture
- Corporate abuse: How can executives so successfully manipulate corporations criminally?
- Identifying stakeholders in non-public companies: is the corporate responsibility the same as for public offerings?
- Devise a new model of leadership for business today, incorporating elements of existing leadership models and theories.
- Examine the actual impact of social media as a business promotion instrument.
- Devise a scenario in which traditionally unethical business practices may be justified.
- Should newspaper reporters be required to reveal their sources?
- Do the media (both print and broadcast) report fairly? Do they ever cross the line between reporting the news and creating the news?
- Does news coverage favor whites?
- What steps are involved in creating a movie or television show?
- How have the film and music industries dealt with piracy?
- Media conglomerates/ownership
- Minorities in mass media
- Portrayal of women
- Reality television
- Television violence
- Media portrayals
- Sensationalized media
- Examine the issues of responsibility in pharmaceutical companies’ promotion of drugs in the media.
- Forensic science technology
- What are the current capabilities and future goals of genetic engineers?
- What obstacles faced scientists in breaking the sound barrier?
- What is alchemy and how has it been attempted?
- What technologies are available to home owners to help them conserve energy?
- Nuclear energy
- Clean energy resources
- Wind energy: Is wind energy really that inexpensive? Is it effective? Is it practical?
- What are the dangers and hazards of using nuclear power?
- Investigate Freud’s contributions to psychology as they exist today: what value remains?
- Are there gender foundations to psychology and behavior that are removed from cultural considerations? To what extent does gender actually dictate thought process?
- To what extent is sexual orientation dictated by culture, and is there an orientation not subject to social and cultural influences?
- Investigate the psychological process in group dynamics with regard to the emergence of leaders and the compliance of others.
- Compare and contrast Jung, Freud, and Adler: explore distinctions and commonalities.
- What is “normal,” and to what extent is psychology reliant on culture to define this?
- Research and assess the effectiveness of radical psychotherapies and unconventional treatments.
- Research the concept of human will as both a component of individual psychology and a process or element removed from it.
- To what extent is self-image influenced by culture in regard to eating disorders? Are external factors entirely to blame?
- How do centuries-old beliefs of madness and dementia relate to modern conceptions of mental illness?
- Is psychology itself inevitably a non-science in that virtually any theory may be substantiated, or is there a foundation of science to the subject to which all theorists must conform?
- Examine Euripides and gender psychology: what do the Trojan Women and Medea reveal?
- Using three characters, explore Chaucer’s insight into human behavior in The Canterbury Tales.
- Identify the true relationship between Dante and Virgil in The Divine Comedy, emphasizing Dante’s reliance on the poet.
- Research and discuss the English fascination for euphemism and ornate narratives in the 16th century, beginning with John Lyly.
- Examine any existing controversies regarding Shakespearean authorship, citing arguments on both sides.
- Analyze similarities and differences between Marlowe and Shakespeare in regard to Tamburlaine and Titus Andronicus.
- Defend or support Bloom’s assertion of Shakespeare as the “inventor of the human being.”
- To what degree are Shakespeare’s plays influenced by, or reflective, of the Elizabethan era? Identify specific cultural and national events linked to at least 3 plays.
- Analyze the unusual construction of A Winter’s Tale in regard to transition from comedy to drama. Is this valid? Does the transition benefit or harm the play?
- Support the belief that Shakespeare is representing himself as Prospero through evidence, or similarly refute the belief.
- Why was extreme violence so popular in English Reformation drama? Cite Marlowe, Kyd, Webster, and Shakespeare.
- Analyze the metaphysical in Donne’s poetry: is it spiritual, existential, or both?
- What is Shelley seeking to say in Frankenstein? Support your answer with passages from the novel.
- Compare and contrast Tolstoy’s Anna Karenina with Flaubert’s Madame Bovary, noting the characters of the heroines.
- It is argued that Dickens failed when he turned to serious, romantic narrative in his novels. Using Copperfield, Great Expectations, and Dombey and Son, defend or refute this claim.
- Assess Dickens’ stance as a moralist in Bleak House and Hard Times: to what extent does he seek reform, and to what does he comment on the human condition?
- Was the Harry Potter phenomenon warranted by quality of storytelling or more a matter of public receptivity at the time combined with media exposure?
Top 10 Microphone Isolation Shield Reflectors + Buyer’s Guide 2021
Best Microphones for Streaming, Gaming and Live Chats in 2022
20 thoughts on “717 Good Research Paper Topics”
How has music evolved? How has music effected history? Music of the past vs music of the present. How has the music industry effected the music’s quality?
Do you think abortion is legal? Why they do abortion?
Why are people instinctively afraid of animals that are not mammals?
Should abortion be legalized? Should domestic abuse and child abuse victims be granted clemency for killing their abuser?
Jewish holocaust and its contribution to European History, specifically Germany
What is the most popular college in the United States?
The Black Knight: Space Waste or Alien Satellite? The Moon Landing: Real or Hollywood Hoax? Have We Become Too Politically Correct? Paranormal Research: Real? Fake? Should it be offered in college? Who really was Jack the Ripper? Can a zombie apocalypse truly occur? Who is the best or worst president of the USA? The Men in Black: real or hoax?
Why Marching Band is a sport.
Marching band is not a sport
how did aids start?
Topic : Alternative medicine Research question : Does the alternative medicine is safe and standardized Hypothesis : analyse the quality controle of alternative medicine formulations
Does our nostalgic music/childhood songs affect our present lifestyle, and in what ways?
reverse discriminations is still discrimination so there’s no such thing as that. like reverse racism isn’t a thing because that is still racism
Men on birth control and not women.
You forget the topic Islamophobia 😉
You should add a music section. Is Muzio Clementi overshadowed by Mozart? The Toccata and Fugue in D- really wasn’t written by Bach The use of the “Dies Irae” in cinema Why is modern music so repetitive and simple compared to classical music?
I want to do a research project on Education
I want to research but not get a perfect topic help me give me a best topic about current affairs
Topic: History. Are the Crusades oversimplified? where they justified? If so, how? Topic: Current affairs. Is the term “conspiracy theory” used to discredit any non-mainstream, controversial opinions. Topic: Gun control. Does limiting magazine capacity for firearms have any effect on gun crime? Are high-capacity magazines ever necessary for self-defense? Topic: Economics. Are minimum wage laws necessary to guarantee “decent”, or do the laws of supply and demand automatically ensure that?
Are women funny?
Leave a Comment
Reach out to us for sponsorship opportunities
Vivamus integer non suscipit taciti mus etiam at primis tempor sagittis euismod libero facilisi.
© 2023 My Speech Class
Find the best tips and advice to improve your writing. Or, have a top expert write your paper.
221 Awesome Literary Research Paper Topics To Choose From
Are you looking for the best literary research paper topic or wondering how to choose a topic for a literary research paper? You are at the right place. The hardest part of doing research is getting an ideal topic. Once, you get a great topic you are good to go.
We have a great number of best-rated expert writers that can provide well-done professional papers. As students in college, we understand that high payment rates can be frustrating, that’s why we offer cheap prices for high-quality work. We offer the best help with research papers to get top grades. Browse through this variety of topics to find the best fit for you.
Literature Research Topics
Getting an ideal literature research paper topic can consume a lot of time. In this category, you will get some of the best literature research topics.
- Discuss the American dream in literature.
- How do religion and literature correlate?
- Discuss the “stream of consciousness” style of literature.
- Examine artificial languages in literature.
- How is mythology termed in literature?
- Discuss why Harry Potter became that popular.
- Is it advisable for literature to be gendered?
- Evaluate between utopian and dystopian literature.
- Discuss the work of Shakespeare.
- How can you rate the feminist literature – does it have a ground?
- Evaluate the impact of the work of Shakespeare.
- Can fan fiction be considered an independent part of literature?
- How do clichés work in literature
- How are the Byronic characters in literature?
- Discuss the good and evil of studying literature.
- The literary work during WWI
- Evaluate the portrayal of war and peace by George Orwell.
Interesting Literature Topics
Did you know that there are interesting literature topics? They deal with the evolution of literature and how it has grown till the present time. Thinking of literature topics for research paper is challenging, so here are some more options.
- How can you term irony and sarcasm in literature?
- How can literature be termed as an instrument of propaganda?
- Discuss madness in literature.
- The influence of trickster characters in literature.
- Discuss travel writing in the 20 th century.
- Evaluate narrative nature and verse since 1900.
- How has city living changed since 1900?
- Evaluate literature as part of modern culture.
- How are social issues exposed in literature?
- The relation between literature and psychology.
- The influence of European culture in the Midwest literature.
- The differences between the literature of different countries.
- The effect of European culture on modern literature.
- The impact of feminism on modern culture.
- Evaluate Japanese literature in the 20 th century.
Literature Topics for a Research Paper
In this category, you will get a wide variety of literature topics that you can use for your research. A well-written research paper will help you get top grades.
- What can you term as the cultural production of Latina writers?
- Discuss the representation of Ethics in literature.
- Evaluate the famous work of Ernest Hemingway.
- Expound on the invented languages in literature.
- Why do you think “Harry Potter” has become so popular?
- How is the Image of death represented as a character in literature?
- The impact of literature on kids.
- Is there an appropriate gender in literature?
- Evaluate the Victorian literature.
- Elaborate on the complete work of William Shakespeare.
- Discuss whether fanfiction is independent literature.
- Which are the Byronic characters in literature.
- Elaborate irony versus sarcasm in literature.
- How can literature be used as an instrument of propaganda?
Literature Research Paper Topics
In this category of research paper topics, you get to relate one phenomenon with the other. They are also based on some well-known novels. When thinking of literary topics for research paper, consider your scope of knowledge and interest in the topic.
- The correlation between psychology and literature.
- How is the construction of social identity?
- How can you describe the settler nationhood and the wilderness in North American poetry?
- Why does place matters to a poet?
- Evaluate travel writing in the 20 th century and 21 st century.
- The influence of animals in children’s literature.
- Evaluate the importance of humor in children’s literature.
- Discuss the best children’s novels from 1900.
- How does young adult literature represent disability?
- How to read to under five years old children to develop relationships and imaginations?
- Evaluate the modern novel and psychology.
- Define the cross-disciplinary boundaries between archaeology and English literature.
- Evaluate the 19 th -century novel and science.
- Evaluate how history is important in deciphering modern literature.
- How is philosophy important to literature.
English Literature Research Paper Topics
In English literature, it focuses on how various novels, classics, or books are written to explain a certain phenomenon. Here are some literature topics that you can start with:
- Evaluate the methods of teaching English literature.
- Investigate modern Indian literature in English translation.
- Evaluate women writers and the survey of English literature.
- Investigate the impact of the Bible on English literature.
- Evaluate the impact of the Classics on Literature.
- Define the scope of English literature in Educating people.
- Explain the influence of Darwin on Literature.
- Explain medieval English literature.
- Examine Women studies and Feminism in India.
- Evaluate the short history of the Norton Anthology of the English language.
- Evaluate the English Renaissance study.
- Investigate medieval feminism in middle English Studies.
- Evaluate women in Indian English Literature.
- Discuss feminism and modern Indian literature.
- Discuss the evolution of English in North America.
Topics in Literature
Literature requires full concentration to get to the bottom of a certain phenomenon. We have simplified the topics to make it easier for you to do your assignment in college.
- Discuss Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet based on Male melodrama.
- How as black lives matter movement influenced black literature?
- Evaluate the contemporary refuge literature.
- Investigate post-colonialism and climate change in literature.
- Discuss tradition and modernity through the lens of Tagore Gora.
- Investigate the relation between pre-independence and post-independence in Indian literature.
- The role of African literary responses to Racism.
- The literature on homosexuality.
- The significance of Literature in the modern world.
- Feminism growth in the twentieth century.
- The effects of fairy tales perceptions in the modern era.
- Correlation between pre-independence and post-independence Indian literature.
- Discuss the novel, “To kill a Mockingbird from 1960”.
- The significance of Shakespeare in the world of Literature.
- How did the artistry of writing novels start?
- The character analysis of Emy and Rebecca in Vanity Fair.
- The Depiction of vampires in the 19 th and 21 st -century literature.
Research Topics in English Literature
In this category, there are comparison topics that you can analyze for your research. These are based on well-known books and novels in English.
- Evaluate the diversity of Chaucer’s genres in tales of Canterbury.
- The accuracy of historical novels in the document happenings.
- How has the role of a woman changed in twentieth-century literature?
- What effect does Milton’s paradise lost have on 17 th -century literature?
- How have James Joyce and William Burroughs done their novels?
- What is our modern perspective about 19 th -century novels and the general public and similar perspectives when they were first published?
- Evaluate the less-known work of well-known writers.
- Examine why adults find Lord of the Rings appealing.
- How does the work of Maya Angelou play a role in African literary responses to racism?
- Recognizing the unconscious in modernist literature.
- Evaluate the representation of Hindu and Buddhist thought in Modern Literature.
- The representation of abortion in British Literature.
- Profess poetry in terms of style and faith in Hopkins.
- Evaluate the evolution of literature in the twentieth century.
- Describe the writing nature in the age of chemical countryside.
Literature Topics for Research Papers
These are some of the best literature topics for research papers. They require minimal effort to submit a well-written research paper.
- The roles of gender in modern literature.
- The importance of having animals in children’s literature.
- Analysis of the first world war.
- How accurate is History as described in historical novels?
- The difference between literature in the US and Great Britain.
- Analyze the 19 th -century poetic imagination.
- Examine the 19 th -century poetic imagination based on astronomy.
- How is quantum physics applied in literature?
- What is the most important work written by William Shakespeare?
- The Female masculinities in old English Literature.
- The difference between modernism and realism.
- Critical analysis of First World War poetry.
- The analysis of the meaning of fairy tales in literature.
- The influence on literature during the renaissance era.
- The historical analysis of children’s literature.
- The idea of death in Renaissance literature.
- The historical background of Duma’s novels.
Literary Topics for a Research Paper
Literary topics are diverse. This can make it hectic to choose an appropriate one for your research paper.
- Discuss the most important work of Shakespeare.
- Describe the gothic novel’s gender representation.
- The effect of social media language on learners.
- The travails of the African woman.
- The utilization of language activities in teaching and learning of English Language.
- Discuss women in nation-building and influence on literature.
- The relevance of folktale in the learning of literature.
- The significance of drama and poetry in literature.
- Factors affecting the choice of language in a multilingual society.
- Comparative study of morphological processes in English.
- Comparative study of Achebe’s “Things fall apart”.
- The significance of proverbs in literature.
- The influence of politics in the building of literary texts.
- The analysis of speech in literature.
- The analysis of threat in literature.
Research Topics in Literature
These research topics are based on various societal aspects and impacts on the world. They also deal with people’s emotions and behaviors in different contexts.
- The nativization of English in African literary texts.
- An analysis of the Asian theatre and influence on modern literature.
- The examination of leadership in literature.
- The relevance of literature in the world.
- What is the need to study literature?
- Evaluate the evolution of literature from the start till now.
- Analyze the methods used in creating styles in the literature.
- What are some of the feminist criticism of some selected Feminist works?
- The importance of fiction in literature.
- The relevance of emotion and narration in novel writing in literature.
- Discuss how conflicts are brought out in literary novels.
- What is the effect of language diversity on the development of a country?
- Discuss the relevance of music and revolution.
- The challenges of language on national development.
- What is the communication medium used in literature?
Literature Paper Topics
Here are some of the best literature paper topics that you can use for your research. As long as you narrow down the research topic, getting relevant information will be easy.
- The difference between linguistic and grammatical theories.
- The problems related to tenses in literature.
- The evaluation of word formation in literature.
- The significance of poems in literature.
- The evolution and levels of modern literature.
- The personal happiness versus societal norms in Victorian literature.
- The sentence structure of English literature.
- Does the native language of a person influence adoption of a second language?
- An analysis of problems associated with learning a second language.
- The manifestation of non-standard usage of English among University Students.
- The influence of rituals, music, songs, and dances in literature.
- The poetic language and influence on the expression.
- How can literature be termed as the vehicle for social change?
- The syntactic problems associated with English usage.
- The influence of society on students’ performance in literature.
- Teaching and learning strengths in literature.
American Literature Research Paper Topics
Finding an ideal research paper topic in America’s context can consume a lot of time. Here you will find simplified topics for your research paper.
- Discuss contemporary American Literature.
- The African Realism and influence in Literature.
- How did colonization influence modern literature?
- Define 20 th -century Latin American literature.
- Evaluate African Americans and their fight for equality in American Literature.
- Define realism, naturalism, and modernism in African American literature.
- Evaluate Allen Ginsberg and American Protest literature.
- Examine American literature and society.
- Analyze American literature in Post-World War II.
- American Literature in the 20 th and 21 st century.
- American literature and religious ideologies.
- Anne Bradstreet’s contribution to American Literature.
- The influence of Asian American literature.
- Evaluate the color interpretations in the great Gatsby.
- The common themes in American Literature.
Literature Research Paper Topics for College Students
Are you a college student looking for an ideal literature research paper? Here are some topics for you!
- Provide your understanding of censorship in American Literature.
- Evaluate black American women writers and their influence on the world.
- Architectural imagery in 20 th century African American literature.
- How do characters lose their innocence in literature?
- The different modes of communication in literature.
- The conversation of American Sign Language in literature.
- How are dialects and death shown in literature?
- How does Literature portray American culture?
- How does self-verification occur in African American Literature?
- The generational divide and impact on modern literature.
- The establishment of traditional excellence.
- Explore the modern literature.
- How can you define masculinity in literature?
- The impact of World War I on American literature.
- The significance of African American literature addressing the black experience.
- The male and female characters in Beowulf.
- The relationship between mother and daughter in Beloved.
Literature Review Topics Examples
Do you know how to do a literature review on various topics? Try any of this and see your proficiency in the sector.
- A literature review on rational and rationality.
- A literature review on dependence and development.
- A literature review on resource scarcity in the modern world.
- A literature review on pop culture.
- A literature review on Feminist international relations.
- A literature review on complex organizations and regimes.
- A literature review on censorship in TV shows.
- A literature review on global warming and its influence on mankind.
- Literature review on why children’s books are popular.
- A literature review on how authors choose writing styles.
- The use of artificial language in literature.
- How education affects literature per era.
- The most effective villains in literature.
- How does Shakespeare inspire modern authors?
- Propaganda and literature in the modern world.
- Toni Morrison’s views on the civil way
- The concept of war in the book; a fable by Faulkner.
Don’t Want To Spend Time Writing a Literary Paper?
Are you looking for the best research paper writing service online? We are here for you! We can even provide samples of previously done work for reference. You may want to get research paper help because of your tight schedule and we understand that. The prices are affordable for college and university students, and you get the best rated, high quality help with research paper there is! Explore through the wide variety of topics to see which suits you best and we will do the work for you.
Make PhD experience your own
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
As Putin continues killing civilians, bombing kindergartens, and threatening WWIII, Ukraine fights for the world's peaceful future.
- Academic writers
- Buying a custom essay Top 5 research paper topics 10 great essay writing prompts How to write a comparative paper Academic English writing How to write an introduction Choosing a topic in Nursing Research paper writing tips Getting custom writing help Example on corporate entities Essay example on genetics testing Preparing a reflective essay Example on premenstrual syndrome Ideological critique essay example Make your essay flowing Three general parts of essay Capstone project examples Essay summary writing Getting help from online services Selecting college-level paper topics Hiring a writing service How to use essay samples Writing an A+ evaluation essay Writing an MLA paper Is it hard to write a thesis statement? Essays on legal drinking age
- Essay help Hints on the format: the APA style The structure of synthesis essays Paper writing help: organizing research High school technology essay ideas Hybrid vs. Electric Cars Long essay prompts on Business Expository essay definitions Writing death penalty essays Finding the best essay writers Professional writing help free of charge French coursework help Summary essay examples Basic essay structure Essay example on economics Getting started writing an essay Hiring an academic writer Online Essay Writing Service Getting help for moderate prices How to avoid plagiarism How to hire a writing service How to purchase a project risk-free Fresh ideas for an argumentative essay Example 3-paragraph persuasive essays MBA essay services My health problems: sample paper
- Write my paper Avoiding common grammar mistakes Buy a term paper Applying paper writer online Essay on animal farm Commencing argumentative paper
Professional essay, research paper, midterm writing help
20 easy research paper topics for english.
Most students have to produce papers on the English language or literature at some point, but few are passionate enough about these subjects to pick a deep and complicated one to explore. If you are looking for a topic that is easy to write and rich in material, here are twenty ideas:
- Origins of the English language. The assimilation of Anglo-Saxon dialects into those of early British tribes. The Roman influence; similarities and differences with continental Germanic languages.
- Old English. The effects of Viking raids on its development.
- Middle English. The impact of the Norman Conquest.
- Early Modern English. The influence of the Industrial Revolution. The history of London’s dialect being accepted as the standard.
- Cross-cultural influences of the English language. The origins and development of a particular English dialect: American, Afro-American, Creole, Aboriginal, Indian, or Asian.
- Gender controversy in modern English. The correct use of nouns and pronouns in situations where gender is unclear. Gender-sensitive words. The relationship between the increasing role of women in the public sphere and gender changes in the English language.
- Challenges of learning English as a second language (ESL). This topic may especially appeal to you if English is actually your second language.
- Shakespeare’s contribution to English literature. This is one of the most obvious choices, but you can still produce an interesting paper about Shakespeare’s work or a character that you are really passionate about.
- Victorian literature.
- The imagist movement in English literature.
- American literature. The differences between literature of the North and the South.
- Afro-American literature.
- Contributions made to English literature by Indian writers.
- Female writers in English literature.
- Scottish writers in English literature.
- Irish writers in English literature.
- An author’s life story. Investigate the impact of the author’s biography on the style, topics, and characters of his or her books – for example, what made Upton Sinclair write “The Jungle.” Such papers are always interesting to read, and they do not take much effort to write.
- Presentation of women in literature. Compare and contrast female characters in old and new books, or conduct a case study on a famous female character.
- The sociological and political impact of a particular book.
- A banned book. Explore the story of a famous book that has been banned from school libraries, e. g. The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn or Harry Potter. Identify and evaluate the reasons for its removal. Such a controversial topic will arouse the interests of readers.
Professional custom writing services are writing essays since 2004.
- Five-paragraph essay examples
- The single parent: a sample abstract
- Concluding a persuasive essay right
- 5 advantages of hiring expert writers
- Workplace Violence: sample paper
- How to avoid buying plagiarized essays
- Some reasons to use writing services
- PPT presentation hints
- Hiring an essay helper
- Oedipus the King: an essay sample
- The Great Gatsby essay topics
- Picking descriptive paper topics
- Writing a math term paper
- Custom writing help online
- Math research papers: making your contribution
- Pinpoint the main ideas in a summary
- Writing a persuasive essay
- 20 English paper topics
- Writing on sports: topic ideas
- The best thesis statement definition
- Pros for buying an essay
- Sample essay on sociology
- Writing an essay on Farewell To Arms
- Selecting term paper topics
- Media research papers hints
- Understanding the MLA style
Сustom essay papers writing
If you have a suggestion, want to join our editorial team or have a guest post offer, feel free to email us at [email protected]
- College paper editing
- Homework online
- Free essay help
- Article critique writing
- Essay services
© 2007 - 2023 Pen Dragon Society
100 Good English Research Paper Topics & Ideas to Make Successful Submission
Working in the English language always creates a compelling experience in your learning. It will allow you to explore the language and its interesting features. Surprisingly, more than 1.35 billion people speak English globally. According to Statista 2021 findings, English is the most spoken language worldwide. Consider the facts in your mind while working on your English research papers. For that reason, pick the interesting English research paper topics and unbox your understanding smartly.
To make your learning more presentable, you should understand the significance of the English paper topics. If you pick a good topic for drafting your English research papers, you can easily advance your learning. It makes your academic writing more productive and credible. So, browse the suggestions for selecting the easy research paper topics for English projects.
Table of Contents
Educational English Research Paper Topics
To make your work more engaging, you should focus on topic selection. Go through the list of numerous topics for English research papers to expand your learning of the language.
- Present a study on various credible sources of learning the English language.
- Impact of grammatical mistakes on English writing skills.
- Understanding of the English language for non-native speakers.
- Difficulties faced by non-American students in English communication.
- Role of poetry in learning English literature.
- Reflects the interpretation of Shakespeare’s work.
- Discuss mythology as literature.
- How to correlate literature with psychology?
- Discuss stream of consciousness writing style.
- Is there any relation between literature and religion?
- Glorification of romance in literature.
- Feminist perspective in English literature.
- Modern American English Literature.
- Impact of language in society development.
- Verbal English communication for teaching moral values.
- Importance of imagination in poetry writing.
- Fiction Vs Nonfiction: which one is keeping more interesting appeal.
- Poetry work of Samuel Taylor Coleridge and William Wordsworth.
- Romantic philosophy in Walt Whitman’s poetry.
- Impact of counselling and guidance on scholars’ academic performance.
- How to boost students’ interest in academic literature?
- Creativity analysis on poetry composition.
- Today’s communication language barrier.
- Obstacles in modern English literature .
- Explore easy poetic techniques for beginners.
Interesting English Research Paper Topics
Make your English research paper writing more interesting by picking an interesting topic. Unload your thoughts precisely and make your work more worthy to read. Consider good research paper topics for drafting good English projects.
- Significance of distance education.
- How to address learning disabilities in a college education?
- Importance of sex education in college scholars.
- Methods to discrimination in educational administration.
- Effective college administration for successful placement.
- Same-sex Vs mixed-sex education: which one is better?
- Pensive analysis on No Child Left Behind Act.
- Effectiveness of the federal education system as compared to other countries’ education systems.
- Strong methodology to lower bullying in schools.
- Online education Vs physical education: which one is more effective?
- Analysis of the grading system on students’ learning.
- Discuss Montessori Method of Education.
- Examine Intensive English Programs (IEPs) in the US,
- Discuss the role of postsecondary educational institutions in American literacy.
- Legal consequences of plagiarism in academic writing.
- Impact of tuition fees for home students.
- Is student engagement with social media affecting their studies?
- Methods to control sleeping disorders.
- How to develop positivity in college students?
- Role of leadership for handling real-life problems.
- Psychology impacts of COVID on students.
- Role of family relationship on students’ mental abilities.
- Career prospects of literature students.
- How to boost English communication skills for international students?
Research Paper Ideas For English Topics Related to Technology
Unimaginable changes are brought by technical advancement and it is hard to ignore. Capturing the advancement in your research topics for English papers allows you to expand your knowledge. So, think pensively on the following topic ideas.
- Impact of over-used computers on students’ health.
- Role of digital communication in learning the English language.
- Stress management to advance learning abilities.
- Technical barriers in oral and written communication in the English language.
- Digital tools to advance English fluency.
- Future of electric-vehicle.
- Methods to improve speaking attributes.
- Role of online classes in knowledge enhancement.
- The credibility of digital certification.
- How to search for credible resources for writing English papers?
- Role of kinesics in communication.
- Impact of technology exposure on students’ learning skills.
- Importance of technical advancement in advancing academic progress.
- Advantages as well as disadvantages of e-learning.
- International Vs national learning: Pros and cons.
- Scope of digital marketing for small businesses.
- Use of modern technology to improve the quality of education.
- Is social media increasing suicidal thoughts on students’ minds?
- Role of mobile applications in advancing English verbal communication.
- Is digital technology altering consumer attitudes?
- Use of online assignment help in writing a good essay.
- Impact of online tutoring in students’ knowledge enhancement.
- Role of artificial intelligence in educational advancement.
- Efficacy of digital tools to check plagiarism.
- Future aspects of machine learning in the education sector.
English Research Paper Topics For Mini Projects
When you do not need to write lengthy papers, pick the easiest topic for your projects. So, modify your research for selecting appropriate topics for English research papers. It will help to prepare your mini projects and meet the deadlines.
- Interpretation of American English Drama.
- Role of English communication in business management.
- Impact of the internet in students’ psychology.
- Teaching methodology for the English language.
- Significance of soft skills.
- Differentiate between modern vs traditional classrooms.
- Examine active listening techniques.
- Impact of reading in English communication.
- Effect of mother tongue on learning the English language.
- How to control people management and leadership?
- Socio-ideological values of television programs.
- Role of functional English in daily routine.
- Techniques to develop speaking attributes.
- Ways to improve writing skills.
- Tips to compose strong descriptive paragraphs.
- How does pronunciation vary in different learning cultures?
- How to develop interview skills?
- Impact of audiobooks in enhancing learning abilities.
- How to develop a positive mindset?
- Ways to learn time management skills.
- Influence of standardized tests for knowledge evaluation.
- A key motivation for students’ knowledge enhancement.
- Is it practicable to make college education free?
- Positivity learning techniques.
- How to prepare health management for students?
Also, Read: 100+ Compelling Linguistics Research Topics
Tips To Pick the Right Research Topics For English Papers
When it is about sharing your ideas on your research topics, you should be attentive. Your research writing reflects your critical thinking, writing abilities, and creative mindset. Therefore, you must concentrate on research paper ideas for the English projects. For that, go through the following tips to pick the English papers topics.
- Understand your area of interest. If you pick the right topic according to interest, it will be easy for you to project your learning.
- Do not jump straight to any research topic for English papers. Make sure to brainstorm the idea deeply so that you can unlayer your understanding properly.
- Good research topics for English papers reflect your knowledge and time management skills. Choose the topic according to your project submission deadline.
- Paying utmost attention to a particular idea while writing your papers can limit your creativity. So, absorb the other aspects of topics for writing compelling English research papers.
- Before finalizing any English papers topic, make sure to look around. It means you need to write according to your audiences’ interests. Otherwise, you would fail to create a good impression.
Still In Doubts? Turn Your Attention To Expert’s Suggestion!
Are you feeling puzzled while selecting the English research paper topics? Holding your research paper for longer can hurt your performance. So, search for the solutions instead of creating tension in your mind. If you cannot focus on your English research paper writing, ask for experts’ help. Use our noteworthy paper help and share your concerns with our English writers. Their interpretation and proficiency in the English language will help you out. Under their guidance, you will find the right research.
By Alex Brown
I'm an ambitious, seasoned, and versatile author. I am experienced in proposing, outlining, and writing engaging assignments. Developing contagious academic work is always my top priority. I have a keen eye for detail and diligence in producing exceptional academic writing work. I work hard daily to help students with their assignments and projects. Experimenting with creative writing styles while maintaining a solid and informative voice is what I enjoy the most.
Resources for First-Year Writing
A TLTC Blog
Topics For Literature Based Research Paper
1. Tragedies of Ancient Greece
Sophocles� Oedipus Rex :
� The Concept of the �Divine Right of Kings� in Oedipus and in America (see various presidential speeches which invoke God or speak of divine sanction for an administration�s actions � ex. See inaugurals of Harry Truman and 2nd speech of George W. Bush.)
� Community: Private lives of heroes and their effect on the community in Oedipus and in modern America
� The Plague of Thebes: Punishing the city to punish the King (discuss how it operates in Oedipus and perhaps in the Bible or in our lives as citizens today)
� The Role of Advisors to the Leader then and now: in Oedipus and in modern politics
� The Truth Teller (�soothsayer�) and the Leader: Speaking Truth to Power in Oedipus and in modern politics
� Punishment of the Leader in Oedipus and in American politics
� Fathers and Sons: Sins of the Father (explore the concept from the Greek perspective); also, see topic under Fences.
Sophocles� Antigone :
� Polarities: Explore one or two of the contrasts in the play ( i.e., youth vs. age, gods vs. humans, pride vs. wisdom, freedom vs. bondage). Discuss them as public issues.
� Gender Conflicts: (choose one)
o woman vs. man = the family vs. the state
o woman vs. man = divine law vs. human law
o woman vs. man = conscience/morality/religion vs. pride/power
� Civil Disobedience (bringing in Thoreau�s essay as well)
� Antigone as a Feminist play: women vs. patriarchal power
� Antigone as a play that speaks to homosexuals (their feelings of marginalization)
� Antigone and modern politics: (choose one and connect to a situation in America or elsewhere)
o Concept of unchallenged/unquestioned political forces vs. our own freedom
o Polarization: �You�re either with us or you�re with the terrorists� mentality (do research on current political rhetoric)
� Desecration vs. Burial: (for various possible way to look at this, see class notes in Course Documents; concerning religious/spirituals beliefs about death and the dead). Research the value of burial ceremonies for the grieving family and for society.
2. Concerning Cultural Myths About Women �
Eavan Boland�s “Anorexic”:
� Anorexia and Eve�s Sin: How myth shapes culture (take a feminist view of the Adam and Eve story and include explication of the poem in these terms)
� Misogyny in Organized Religion: using the poem as a jumping off point, look at how religion (you can limit it to Christianity or include other faiths as well) has or has not contributed to the oppression of women over the centuries
� Look at the poem as an expression of the societal effect of the story of Eve. Discuss the illness of anorexia, as portrayed in the poem, as a disease created by a society based on a patriarchal religious construct.
Charlotte Perkins Gilman�s “The Yellow Wallpaper”:
� Using the story as a jumping off point, explore the medical community�s approach to treatment of �women�s illnesses� in the late 1800�s early 1900�s (include information about the infamous �rest cure�)
� Research what life was like for women in the late 1800�s. Explore the image of the woman behind the wallpaper as symbol of women�s position in society then and now (or just then, of you wish)
� Use the story to help you explore women and depression in turn of the century America. Do research into the prevalence of the disease, society�s attitude toward those afflicted and the treatments used.
� Gilman�s story and the struggle of women writers in late 19th century America
� The concept of the wandering uterus (originated in ancient Greek medicine and persisted into the 19th century)
3. Concerning Cultural Stereotypes of Women
Susan Glaspell�s Trifles (also includes various other pieces on syllabus):
� Women in �turn of the century� America (note: before they obtained the right to vote) � choose one
o How does the play reflect the realities of their lives as women, as wives?
o Homesteading: what was life like for homesteading women and how does that affect our understanding of the women in the play, of Minnie Wright?
o What was it like to be a wife in rural, turn of the century America? Connect that to the characters and plot of the play.
� Being a Wife � Through a comparative literary analysis look at whether or not the power of women in public and private life grows stronger in modern times? (address issues of relationships with husbands, position in marriage, duties/responsibilities, societal expectations, or hidden resentments) — choose one of the following —
o Compare the wives in Trifles and one of the following: Fences, �Story of an Hour,� or �Woman Hollering Creek.�
o Husbands: compare how the husband is characterized in Trifles and one of the following: Fences, �Story of an Hour,� or �Woman Hollering Creek.�
� How does either Trifles or Fences illustrate playwright Henrik Ibsen�s idea of �two kinds of conscience, one in man and another in woman� as defined in his �Notes for the Modern Tragedy� (Di Yanni p. 2123). Note that this excerpt refers specifically to his play A Doll�s House, but the non-specific statements can be applied to Trifles or Fences as well.
Sandra Cisneros� “Woman Hollering Creek”:
� Women and Ethnic Beliefs: Using the story as a jumping off point, explore the Mexican Legend of La Llorona and what it says about the public perception of women and marriage.
� Explore how Cisneros creates a modern re-working of the Legend of La Llorona in the story.
Sandra Cisneros� “Pumpkin Eater”:
� Discuss the poem in terms of the children�s rhyme that inspired it. Research the old English nursery rhyme of �Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater� and look at it from a feminist perspective. What did the rhyme say about women�s place in public life and what is Cisneros saying about the nature of male-female romantic relationships today?
� Do research into the images and these used in both poems. Compare the image of women in Cisneros� poem and Marge Piercy�s poem �A Work of Artifice�. How do they reflect the public perception of women in society, in relationships?
Marge Piercy�s “A Work of Artifice”:
� How does the metaphor of the bonsai tree work to explain how patriarchal society has historically treated women?
� Discuss the poem�s references to how women are �shaped� and how male-dominated society imposes its will on women�s physical selves.
� Compare the concepts in this poem to Cisneros� �Pumpkin Eater� or �Woman Hollering Creek,� or to Gilman�s �the Yellow Wallpaper,� or Boland�s �Anorexia,� or Chopin�s �Story of an Hour�.
Kate Chopin�s “Story of an Hour”:
� Explore the story and the typical life of the American wife of the late 1800�s. How is Louise Mallard�s marital experience typical of her time?
� Discuss marital life in the turn of the century in terms of this story and Gilman�s �The Yellow Wallpaper�.
� Point of View: What is unusual about Louise Mallard�s response to the news about her husband? How did or might the reading public respond to such a view of marriage? Discuss typical public expectations about marriage and about women in the late 1800�s.
4. Faith and the Human Spirit:
� Compare �Ecclesiastes� (Di Yanni p. 792) to the writing of Lao Tzu (AWOI p. 24). Do some research into the influence of eastern religious thought on western Christianity.
� Explore the concept of the Christian and Muslim believer�s need to �Battle with God� through an explication of John Donne�s �Batter my heart, three-personed God� and Chairil Anwar�s �At the Mosque�. Include references to specific beliefs the two faiths have about man�s relation to God.
� Discuss the Victorian Age�s battle between faith and science using Matthew Arnold�s �Dover Beach� to frame the discussion.
� Use Arnold�s poem �Dover Beach� as a jumping off point to address the idea that the violence created an unhealed wound in Victorian society. Discuss how the crimes of Jack the Ripper, for example, affected the public psyche of England at that time.
� Discuss William Butler Yeats� poem, �The Second Coming,� in terms of the biblical passage that discusses the coming of the Antichrist (see Matthew 24 and I John 2: 18-25 of the Book of Revelations). Are there beliefs in the public forum that correspond to this concept of the dawning of a new age, or of the end of times?
Re. August Wilson�s Fences:
� Explore the biblical references in the play and discuss how they are used in characterization. How do the characters use them to understand where they fit in in society, in their families?
� Explore the �Sins of the Fathers� theme in biblical terms and in terms of this play (you could also include Oedipus, if you wish). Sometimes the following inscription is printed with the play:
When the sins of our fathers visit us.
We do not have to play host.
We can banish them with forgiveness
As God, in His Largeness and Laws.
How does this poem (written by Wilson) affect your understanding of the play? Does this play seem to be about foregiveness?
� Discuss how we each use faith differently, focusing on Troy and Rose and how faith plays into their lives. You can consider applying this to some present day public figure and discuss similarities or differences in the way her or his faith is a public issue.
� At the end of the play Wilson seems to contend that Christianity, the faith of the white man, does not serve African Americans well? Consider this idea in terms of the way African slaves were �brought to� Christianity in America? Research the intentions of white society to Christianize them.
(Note the following topics do not pertain to faith, per se.)
� Use the play as a jumping off point to discuss common perceptions (misconceptions) about marriage or infidelity or parenthood in the African-American community. Do research into studies that have been done on the subject.
� On Athletic Scholarships: Are they exploitative? In the play Troy refuses to let his son Cory accept a football scholarship. Wilson once said in an interview that athletic scholarships are often exploitative. Athletes �were not getting educated,� he said, they �were taking courses in basket weaving. Some could barely read.� Universities, he continued, �made a lot of money off of athletes.� Do you agree or disagree? Do research to find data that enables you to answer this question.
Flannery O�Connor�s “A Good Man is Hard to Find”:
� Explore O�Connor�s Catholicity in terms of one of the following aspects of the story :
o �Redemption through Catastrophe�
o �Grace� � her perception of how it comes to mankind
o The Public Enemy and Salvation
o Social Standing: blood lineage and the aristocracy of the American south
o Christian Culture�s paradigm of �the good man� � many are Christian but few are Christ-like. How does this pertain to the story?
o The Misfit: agent of God or the Devil? Look into the origins of Christianity�s beliefs about their relationship and relate it to the role of The Misfit.
o Contrast the Grandmother (as symbol of superficial belief) vs. The Misfit (as symbol of profound, but unconventional, belief)
� Discuss the family in the story as representative of a typical (Godless) American family. Are they a bleak depiction of the family that has lost touch with God, belief, the value system of religion?
5. American Culture: Its Roots in Racism
John Edgar Wideman�s “Damballah”:
� How is this story about the person caught between American slave culture and African roots pertinent to African American�s today? What aspects of African American culture that are strongly connected to African heritage have become part of mainstream culture?
� Using the story as a jumping off point, discuss the African American�s struggle to retain some of his African identity in our culture today.
� Discuss the story�s theme of the values of the slaveholder vs. the values of the slave and connect it to the life of Gandhi or some other important figure in public life.
Ralph Ellison�s “Battle Royal”:
� Use the story to discuss the difficulties of the African Male as he comes of age in America. Discuss what sociologists, psychologists, or other scholars say about the challenges they face
� Discuss the exploitation of the African Male in our society, beginning with the scenario set up in the story and then extending to life in America today. Do research to find information that enables you to respond.
� Beginning with the story and expanding the discussion to the public sphere, discuss how racism and sexism go hand in hand in America.
� Is the type of racism we see in the story typical of the southern response to the Civil Rights Movement of the 60�s? Look into how culture and politics worked to make the American Dream a fleeting thing for African Americans.
Research Paper Guide
Research Paper Topics
Last updated on: Feb 14, 2023
Good Research Paper Topics & Ideas for Students
By: Nathan D.
22 min read
Reviewed By: Chris H.
Published on: May 28, 2019
Research paper writing is an essential part of education. It is necessary because it helps the students to develop a critical view of different issues of life and society. In addition to that, research writing enables students to develop their argumentative and persuasive skills.
The foremost step of the research paper writing process is selecting the topic. Teachers do not provide research topics to students and give them the freedom to go with something that interests them.
The purpose is that teachers want to assess the student’s ability from their writing. This can be done without forcing a difficult topic for research on them. While selecting the topics, students must ensure not to opt for a topic they can easily find information on. But with something for which you can craft an interesting and debatable thesis statement.
Selecting a perfect topic seems like a problem to almost all students. Every other topic seems interesting at first glance. However, that same topic becomes too difficult when the students research the details and existing information about it.
Don’t worry. We have compiled a great list of research topics that you can use for your help.
So get ready to explore some interesting examples of research topics for your paper.
On this Page
Research Paper Topics for Different Education Levels
We have categorized topics for different education levels to cater to the needs of all students. So let’s have a look at our research topics for students…
Middle School Research Paper Topics
- How can we protect our environment?
- How is instant messaging affecting literacy?
- Effective ways of achieving your academic goals.
- A movie that influenced its generation.
- Always choose a good idea or topic to write about.
- Standardized tests aren’t a useful measure to judge a student’s capabilities.
- Pros and cons of going completely vegan.
- What is the impact of diversity on a society’s development and progress?
- What is the role of music in soothing someone?
- How to choose an easy research paper topic?
- Significance of learning different languages.
- Importance of physical activities.
- Bullying and its effects on mental health.
- How do learning techniques influence learning behavior?
- Pros and cons of distant learning.
High School Research Paper Topics
Looking for interesting research topics for high school students? Here you go, select one of these best topics and ace your grades...
- Should school students choose a controversial topic?
- Should prayer be a part of high school?
- Do kids focus better in same-sex schools?
- Should the government control what is served in school cafeterias?
- Does anyone ever use math formulas in real life?
- Should high schools make their students undergo leadership training?
- The high school curriculum should include subjects related to real life. Discuss.
- Examine the jail system of China.
- Discuss Plato’s philosophy regarding maths and how did he contribute to it?
- What are the psychological effects of the Holocaust on the survivors?
- Writing a research paper and improving your skills.
- Media coverage of the Vietnam War Vs. War on Terror.
- Significance of Industrial Revolution.
- Significance of being Nuclear Power in the world.
- How can poverty be eradicated in underdeveloped countries?
College Research Paper Topics
This list provide some engaging research topic for college students. So, if you’re stuck on deciding your research topic, then have a look at the topics below:
- 4-year college degree vs. 2-year degree.
- Distance learning and its usefulness.
- How should students plan for college tuition?
- How does substance abuse affect the performance of college students?
- Can an average person become a politician, and how?
- IELTS Vs. TOEFL.
- Children should choose those subjects that interest them. Agreed?
- Colleges should have education consultants to help students.
- College dropouts are more likely to become billionaires. Do you agree?
- The College curriculum should include specific classes for boys and girls.
- Physical punishments and their impact on children.
- Importance of getting a degree in professional life.
- How to be successful in life?
- Emerging graduate programs.
- The flawed education system of the United States.
Don’t give up reading here because this list has plenty more interesting and easy research topic ideas. So continue reading to explore them all now….
Research Paper Topics for 2023
Are you looking for the latest research topic ideas for different fields? The following list created by the professional writers of 5StarEssays.com will be helpful.
History Research Paper Topics
- How did the Civil War impact the history of the United States of America?
- What were the prominent features of the Roman Empire?
- Explain the havoc caused by World War II.
- How did the depression era contribute to the change in the ideology of the general population?
- Was Martin Luther King really a reformist?
- Is racial discrimination still a part of American society?
- Compare and contrast between the Neolithic period and the stone age.
- Discuss the French Revolution in detail.
- What is Hippie culture? Trace and explain its origins and influences.
- What is the significance of the Battle of Hastings in the history of England?
- History and origin of Feminism.
- Political events that fueled up WWII.
- The use of propaganda by Hitler.
- The similarities and differences in the literature of the 18th and 19th centuries.
- Causes and effects of the War on Terror.
You can also get more history research topics here for your academic assignment.
Paper Due? Why Suffer? That's our Job!
Art Research Paper Topics
- Differentiate between the achievements of the Northern Renaissance and the Italian Renaissance.
- Is the media portrayal of minorities realistic?
- How did Rap music become a part of American society?
- How did the music brought by the slave community become dominant in modern American society?
- How is racism being highlighted by the media?
- What is the history of ice sculpting? Explain with reference to popular ice sculptures.
- Discuss the symbolism in Da Vinci’s paintings.
- Discuss the origin of Salsa and other types of dances.
- What is the significance of the ancient stone drawings?
- How do different movements impact the culture and art of that era?
- Significance of Hitler’s artwork.
- William Blake’s contribution to literature.
- Depiction of beauty in Shakespeare’s plays.
- Romance and the portrayal of a relationship in the novels of the 19th century.
- Different techniques are used in painting landscapes.
Criminal Justice Research Paper Topics
- Should the government allow any relaxation in Capital punishment?
- Why should the minimum legal drinking age be kept at eighteen years?
- Does drug legalization contribute to the increased crime rate?
- Should the constitutional amendment regarding gun control be amended again?
- Does police brutality contribute to the onset of hate crimes?
- Should abortion be counted as a crime? Defend your answer with solid arguments and proof.
- What are the main reasons behind human trafficking? How can it be controlled?
- How does child abuse lead to the making of criminals?
- What role do sociology and psychology play in criminal justice?
- How can social institutions contribute towards minimizing the crime rate?
- Causes and effects of mercy killing.
- Significance of death penalties.
- Reasons why bullying should be considered a crime.
- Should minors be treated as adult criminals for murders?
- Different techniques to interrogate crimes.
Business Research Paper Topics
- How has cyber-security emerged as a new business endeavor?
- Is e-business more profitable than traditional business?
- Do you think small business retailers compromise on business ethics?
- Pros and cons of online retail.
- Role of government organizations in white-collar crimes.
- Should the minimum wage rate be increased?
- What are the main causes behind the rise of entrepreneurial culture?
- Owning a business is the only way to total financial security. Agreed?
- Describe the different types of business models and ways to implement them successfully.
- Propose some profitable small business ideas.
- Should successful businessmen be helping new people in the market?
- The relation of demand in supply in the market.
- How do the political instabilities of the country influence businesses?
- Trending business ideas.
- How do different marketing techniques boost business?
Ethics Research Paper Topics
- Should gun control laws be revised?
- Pros and cons of Euthanasia
- Should recreational marijuana be legalized?
- Animal testing is against animal rights. Discuss.
- Do violent video games promote aggressiveness among children?
- How to minimize bullying in school?
- What are the reasons for a rise in plastic surgery trends in teenagers?
- Ethical implications in case someone sees their friend cheating on the exam.
- What are the consequences of merging religion with politics
- How to minimize ethnic hostility in college and university?
- Ways to minimize gun-related deaths in America.
- Causes and effects of the increase in the divorce rate.
- Significance of affirmative actions in the workplace.
- Should mercy killing be legal?
- Influence of stem cell research on medicine.
Health Research Paper Topics
- What are the health complications caused by abortion?
- Does drug abuse contribute to mental health issues?
- Is there any cure for Alzheimer's disease?
- Is obesity the main reason behind the onset of other chronic illnesses?
- Should teenagers be allowed to buy medication without a prescription?
- Discuss the negative effects of cosmetic surgery.
- What are the health disasters of crash diets?
- Anorexia in College Girls: Reasons and Ways to Minimize It
- Are health supplements necessary to maintain a healthy lifestyle?
- What vitamins are necessary for a healthy lifestyle and living?
- Causes and effects of obesity.
- How to treat PTSD?
- Similarities and differences between a panic attack and an anxiety attack.
- Natural way to treat bipolar disorder.
- How can sleep disorders lead to other mental problems?
Government Policy Research Paper Topics
- Should the government reform the policy regarding Juvenile Punishment?
- How is US airport security contributing to counterterrorism measures?
- Should the United States of America reform its Immigration policies?
- Is legalizing recreational marijuana providing any benefit to government organizations?
- Can prison reforms contribute to the low crime rate in the United States of America?
- What factors play a role in forming government policies?
- What are some of the new developments in the government policies of the US?
- What are the policy reforms that took place in Obama’s presidential era?
- What are the pros and cons of Obama’s Healthcare Act?
- How is Donald Trump working on the healthcare of the US?
- Barack Obama’s domestic policy.
- Effectiveness of country’s protection against terrorism policies.
- Comparison of Patriot Act One and Two.
- How do the needs of individuals contradict the needs of the state?
- The illegal immigration policy of the United States.
Tough Essay Due? Hire Tough Writers!
Environment Research Paper Topics
- How is human activity contributing to acid rain?
- Is deforestation contributing to global warming?
- Can hybrid vehicles ensure the control of pollution in the atmosphere?
- How can global warming be controlled?
- What are the main sources of marine pollution?
- How is the Greenhouse effect contributing to global warming?
- Discuss the role of Fauna and Flora in impacting the rainfall.
- Global warming is the key reason behind the increased rate of water disasters. Discuss.
- How to recycle waste to minimize global warming?
- Using degradable plastic helps minimize the hazards of plastic. Agreed?
- Climate change and global warming policy.
- Impact of oil spills on the environment.
- Causes and effects of water pollution.
- Effects of deforestation on climate.
- Significance of wildlife protection.
US History Research Paper Topics
- What was the cause of the great depression?
- American colonial era.
- Importance of Voting Act Rights for the blacks.
- Discuss the cause of the Civil war.
- Martin Luther King.
- Women’s suffrage movement.
- What are the main eras in US history?
- Discuss the effects of motivational speeches in influencing the US masses.
- Discuss Abraham Lincoln as a US President and the reasons behind his assassination.
- Describe the Battle of Chancellorsville and its impact.
- A critical analysis of “I Have a Dream” by Martin Luther King Jr.
- Cold War and its effects on the United States.
- US journalism during the Vietnam War.
- The American history of relationship with North Korea.
- The history of terrorist attacks in the United States.
Sociological Research Paper Topics
- How does divorce affect children?
- Interracial marriage.
- Gender inequality in a professional environment.
- Cause and effect of bullying.
- Does social media make individuals feel alone?
- Discuss the pros and cons of the nuclear family system.
- Are women molested more than men? Argue with solid facts.
- What effects do homosexuals have on modern society?
- What is feminism, and how is it affecting the modern family and society?
- What are the reasons behind the rising rate of divorce?
- Driverless cars and the evolution of transportation.
- The significance and impact of the women’s rights movement.
- Significance of religion in society.
- Traditional music Vs. modern music.
- Life in rural Vs. Urban areas.
Get more sociology research topics and choose the one that you find interesting.
Sports Research Paper Topics
Selecting topics on sports can help you explore different aspects of sports and provide an interesting read. Here are some topics that you can consider for your paper…
- Importance of physical exercise in school.
- Mind Vs. Body. What is more important for sports?
- Is cheerleading a sport?
- Should trans women play against men or women?
- Do sports influence an individual’s emotional well-being?
- Football vs. hockey, which sport do you prefer and why?
- What are the reasons behind the steroid culture in professional wrestlers?
- Should athletes consume steroids and other medicine to improve their performance?
- How do sports help us in sharpening our minds and doing better in our studies?
- Sports should be essential for every student. Discuss the reasons.
- The use of animals in sports.
- Doping in sports.
- Team sports and its effects on society.
- Cricket Vs. Hockey.
- Extreme sports of the world.
English Linguistics Research Paper Topics
Here is a list of some interesting research paper topics for English literature and linguistics students…
- Discuss the theme of narcissism in the character of Dorian Gray.
- Discuss the elements of the literature in different eras.
- Discuss the theme of Carpe Diem in different poems.
- Describe why the poets and writers use similes and symbols in their works.
- Evaluate symbolism in two novels or plays.
- Compare Shakespeare and Marlowe as contemporaries.
- How has Kafka hinted at his strained relationship with his father in his works?
- It is said that literature is the true mirror of any era. How true is it?
- How does literature teach and inform about the different aspects of society?
- Discuss Milton and Blake as mystics.
- The usage of literary devices in famous pieces of literature.
- The depiction of beauty standards in the artwork of the 18th century.
- The portrayal of women in the literature of the 20th century.
- Romance in Shakespeare's play Romeo and Juliet.
- Literature during the first World War Vs. the second.
Education Research Paper Topics
- Homeschooling is better than traditional schooling. Discuss.
- Physical education must be made mandatory in schools.
- Setting up a virtual education system will help increase the literacy rate.
- College dropouts are more likely to end up nowhere. Justify the claim.
- Education opportunities for girls are less than those for boys. Discuss the claim.
- Education among girls should be promoted.
- Government should give free education up to the university level. Discuss.
- How can we revolutionize education?
- What is the role of AI in developing the educational sector?
- Education should be made paperless. Discuss its pros and cons.
- How has Covid-19 influenced education?
- Education system of the underdeveloped countries.
- How to eradicate poverty through education?
- Right to education.
- Women's right to education in third world countries.
Don’t stop reading, explore some more topics….
World History Research Paper Topics
- State and discuss the reasons behind the Rwandan genocide.
- Discuss Cleopatra as the most influential Egyptian queen.
- Discuss the rise and fall of Hitler.
- Who was Nero? What caused his downfall and demise?
- What was the significance of Arenas in the Roman Empire?
- Discuss Holocaust as one of the greatest tragedies in history.
- What is the role of women in the Industrial Revolution?
- How did Pompeii destroy? Discuss the causes of the destruction.
- What are the Stonehenges?
- Discuss some of the prehistoric fossils.
- The history of using nuclear weapons.
- Origin and formation of the world bank.
- The Cold War and its effects on the world.
- War on Terror and its effects on the world.
- How did the 9/11 incident change the politics of the world?
Social Media Research Paper Topics
Social Media is a trending topic for writing a great paper. It can help you assess the impact that social media has on society and how its usage influences people’s lives. Here are some great topics to consider for your research paper:
- Is blogging becoming a legit profession?
- Does social media affect our relationships?
- Has social media brought people closer or distanced and disrupted them and their relationships?
- Should everyone in the world have the same access to social media?
- Should social media sites be banned in schools?
- How does social media impact our daily life?
- Is social media an end-to-end solution for small businesses?
- How do companies use different social platforms to find and hire talent?
- Social media is a necessity of life. How true is this statement?
- Social media is the new future of technology. Discuss.
- Is social media the source of spreading fake news?
- The use of social media for promoting businesses.
- How can social media accounts help judge people more accurately?
- How has social media affected the physical connections between people?
- The portrayal of minorities on different media platforms.
Computer Science Research Paper Topics
- Robotics and artificial intelligence
- The importance of open source software
- Robotic manipulation modeling
- Biomedical informatics and computational biology
- Artificial intelligence in computer vision
- What is the future of quantum computing?
- The role of antivirus/firewall solutions
- What are the major emerging technologies in computer science?
- Knowledge Processing
- Network anomaly detection in Cloud and IoT.
- Discuss how convex optimization is used in signal processing
- The internet of things and its impact on human life
- Do digital tools make us more or less productive at work?
- Natural language processing real-life applications
- Environments and programming languages
Zoology Research Paper Topics
- Man-eating animals
- Biodiversity of estuarine and fluvial fish
- Understanding animal behavior among predators.
- Dopamine modulation of honey bees
- An Asian elephant imitates human speech
- Human impact on red panda populations
- How do vaccines strengthen the immune response?
- Dogs, their talents and abilities
- Cooperative behavior in ant colonies
- Why do sharks get a bad reputation?
- The social movement of animal rights
- Animal habitats conservation
- Ethical treatment of animals
- Characteristics of Florida alligators
- What makes Shark attacks?
These are some interesting research paper topics in zoology, now let’s move to the next section that highlight more vast ideas.
Psychology Research Paper Topics
- How does child abuse impact the adulthood of an individual?
- Should Depression be treated as a mental health issue?
- Are Dreams related to reality?
- What is the condition that gives rise to Learning disabilities?
- Does Schizophrenia give rise to other mental health issues?
- Child abuse can give rise to various psychological problems.
- Psychological problems are directly related to the environment. Discuss.
- Psychopaths are the products of society's injustice.
- Psychological Problems and Superstition: Why do people still believe in it?
- Childhood counseling is the best way to ward off any mental illnesses.
- Freud’s contribution to the field of psychology.
- Chaucer’s insight into human behavior.
- Gender psychology.
- Traditional Vs. Modern conceptions of mental illness.
- How do self-image and culture relate to each other?
Here are some additional psychology research topics for your paper if you want more ideas.
Good Research Paper Topics
Below are some interesting yet impactful research paper topic ideas that make your topic selection process easy.
Argumentative Research Paper Topics
- Should handguns be banned?
- Should parents monitor their child’s social media?
- Should prisoners have the right to vote?
- Has social media decreased our creativity?
- Money can’t buy happiness. True or false?
- 90% of the reasons behind divorce are from women. Discuss.
- Women and men are not given equal rights.
- Humans can live without food. Explain the breatharian trend.
- Consuming meat is a selfish act. Do you agree?
- A vegan diet is more healthy than a meat-based diet. How far is the statement true?
- Analysis of the most controversial ad campaigns.
- Is homosexuality a choice?
- Creationism Vs. Evolution
- Should children be spanked by their parents?
- Pros of animal testing.
Persuasive Research Paper Topics
- Hunting should be tagged as immoral and should be banned.
- Animals should not be used in checking beauty and medical products.
- What is microchipping? Are microchipping pets an ethical and legal act?
- Euthanizing Pet Dogs: Pet dogs should be sent to sleep if they develop any biting tendencies. Discuss.
- Moving from the countryside to the city is essential for -personal growth and development. Discuss.
- Dogs are better pets than cats. Is it true?
- Habits are inbuilt and cannot be learned over time. Agreed?
- AI is essential for a better educational system. Discuss.
- Newspapers are more propaganda now, Agreed?
- Women should be allowed to work from home after having a baby. Discuss.
- Privatization of social security.
- Human torture in the name of interrogation should be banned.
- Euthanasia should be outlawed.
- Affirmative action is essential to ensure gender and racial equality
- The minimum labor wage should be increased.
Best Research paper Topics
- Difference between a man’s and a woman’s heart?
- Do some religions oppress women?
- Ozone Layer in coming years.
- Future Of endangered species in America.
- Can we deal with plastic pollution wisely?
- Social media is essential in our daily lives. Discuss the pros and cons.
- Cow's milk is healthier than packaged milk. How true is this statement?
- Strict mothers have well-mannered kids.
- Body Sprays are hazardous to the environment.
- Kids should be allowed to play in the mud. Prove your point.
- Significance of recycling.
- Importance of career counseling of the students.
- Effectiveness of color therapy.
- Different cultures of the world.
- Significance of following the writing conventions.
Interesting Research Paper Topics
- Is our future in the hands of AI?
- Will Self Determination Theory ever be implied on robots?
- Is the Socratic method helpful for people with cognitive disabilities?
- When is the nearest supernova expected?
- Can the world come together to fight racism?
- Discuss the trend of surrogate mothers and the pros and cons of having them
- Homosexual couples should not be allowed to adopt children. Agreed?
- What are the key reasons behind people not wanting to get married now?
- Kids should be left untamed and given a chance to discover their own ways.
- Minimalist living is a leap towards a more satisfied and clutter-free life.
- Treating mental illnesses through emotional support of animals.
- Why is platypus a unique mammal?
- History and origination of hip hop.
- The routine of a Buddhist monk.
- Reasons for the domestication of cats and dogs.
Controversial Research Paper Topics
- Surrogate mothers and societal worldview
- Is obesity the new norm?
- Animal rights
- Children should not be allowed to use mobile phones.
- Is the death penalty efficient?
- Are Montessori schools a threat to public education?
- Is water fluoridation necessary?
- A life without store-bought toys: the benefits.
- What are the benefits and hazards of medical marijuana?
- Equality is part of lawmaking, but does it work in practice?
- The distorted body image on social media.
- Native American sovereignty issues.
- The perks of fee-for-service medicine.
- Aging is actually super cool.
Tips for Choosing a Good Research Paper Topic
The following tips will help you find a good research topic for your next paper assignment.
Explore Your Interest
Students have the freedom to choose the topics of their interest. So, the foremost step is to narrow down the field you are interested in. There are several research topics in subjects like:
- Government policy
- Culture and arts
- Psychology, etc.
Choose the one that interests you and is relevant to your field of study.
Once you have chosen the research question, find the perfect topic for your paper. For a start, shortlist some topics related to famous subjects and works.
For example, you can write about Harry Potter, for the subject of literature studies. And explore how the series added value to literary studies.
Most of the time, the instructors demand that the students pick the topic according to their subject. If such guidelines are shared, the business students should not choose history topics.
Moreover, before submitting research paper, it is necessary to check that it adheres to provided guidelines.
If you are still unsure about your interest, you can select some good research paper topics from the above mentioned ideas.
Here is also a helpful video for you on how to select your research paper topic;
The above-presented topics are great if you are in writer’s block. If you are doubtful about your ability to craft a research paper, get help from the expert essay writers of 5StarEssays.com .
Our team of experienced writers can help you with any “ write me an essay ” request.
We are here 24/7 to talk to you and help you with your papers. Simply ask our writing service to ‘ write my essay ’ and get all your academic assignments written in no time.
Place your order now at the most reasonable prices and get the best work.
Nathan completed his Ph.D. in journalism and has been writing articles for well-respected publications for many years now. His work is carefully researched and insightful, showing a true passion for the written word. Nathan's clients appreciate his expertise, deep understanding of the process, and ability to communicate difficult concepts clearly.
Was This Blog Helpful?
- How to Write a Research Paper - Writing Guide & Examples
- 20+ Thesis Statement Examples for Research Papers
- Learn How to Write an Abstract - Steps & Examples
- How to Write a Literature Review: Steps and Outline
- How to Start a Research Paper - 9 Simple Steps
- Psychology Research Topics - 170+ Ideas for Your Paper
- How to Write a Hypothesis - A Step-by-Step Guide
- Writing a Research Proposal - Outline, Format, and Examples
- Good History Research Paper Topics For Your Help
- How to Cite a Research Paper with the Help of Examples
- How to Write a Research Methodology in 10 Simple Steps
- Research Paper Outline - Basic Format & Sample
- Research Paper Example: Samples to Write a Research Paper
- Great Sociology Research Topics & Ideas (2022-2023)
People Also Read
- debate topics
- evaluation essay
- analytical essay topics
- dissertation writing
- obesity essay writing topics
Burdened With Assignments?
© 2023 - All rights reserved
2000+ SATISFIED STUDENTS
95% Satisfaction RATE
30 Days Money-back GUARANTEE
95% Success RATE
© 2022 5StarEssays.com. All rights reserved.
LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
SIGN UP TO YOUR ACCOUNT
- Your phone no.
- Password Password must be minimum 8 characters.
- Confirm Password
- SEND PASSWORD
- Services Paper editing services Paper proofreading Business papers Philosophy papers Write my paper Term papers for sale Term paper help Academic term papers Buy research papers College writing services Paper writing help Student papers Original term papers Research paper help Nursing papers for sale Psychology papers Economics papers Medical papers Blog
144+ Research Topics in Linguistics For Successful Paper
There is a wide variety of research topics in linguistics. You can use these topics in your thesis, essay, dissertation, project, proposal, or assignment. The English language is diverse and needs enough research to get the evolution and the diversity of all its elements.
English has been translated to different languages and vice versa due to its widespread reach. When searching for a topic you should consult your professor to get the best guidance. Are you in need of linguistic essay writing? We are here to help.
Our expert writers are proficient in most languages and will help you achieve high grades at school. Not only does it apply to assignments but also all types of essays. We have cheap pricing even with the high-quality work that we offer.
Your work will be delivered fast to ensure we meet your deadline. We will choose an interesting topic, do the research and provide professional work for you. We will make the whole process easier for you.
Sociolinguistic Research Topics
Are you looking for a sociolinguistic research topic that will allow you to remain at the top? Sociolinguistic research topics deal with how language affects people socially. These are some of the best:
- How do social tension, racism, media, and popular entertainment affect the use of language by people?
- Why do certain listeners think of one language as better than the other?
- How does language change happen and for what reasons?
- The effect of the generation gap on language.
- Does social class affect language?
- The influence of social media, media, power, and identity on language.
- Compare linguistic practices between women and men.
- Examine the various attitudes to language.
- Analyze the sociological variations to languages.
- Examine Bilingual Education and Language Maintenance in the world.
- Examine dialect variations in people using British English in the world.
- Determine sources of micro temporal clustering in sociolinguistic sequences.
- How are the immigrant dialects and language maintenance in Australia?
- Examine linguistic variation on language loyalty
- Explain the effect of mixing two languages to make a new one.
Interesting Linguistics Topics
These linguistic topics can help you to do research that will provide top grades for you in the university. These are interesting topics that will make you think deeper about various issues related to language. If you are looking to get challenged, these are the best topics to start with.
- Examine written versus spoken language.
- How does ambiguity occur during language translation?
- What are the factors that contribute to language shift and variation?
- The effect of language support and teaching.
- The best persuasive language techniques and terminologies.
- How do sentences relate to each other in language?
- Importance of trending technologies on translation.
- Influence of language apps on the spread of different language dialects.
- The importance of audio-visual translation.
- What are the causes of receptive language disorder in different age groups?
- Problems related to sentence and word flow.
- How does brain development have an impact on language?
- The importance of learning more than two languages
- How does one’s mother tongue interfere with punctuation
- Why are some languages difficult than others?
Linguistics Research Paper Topics
Do you need a linguistic topic that is not controversial? These are some of the best that will provide the best grades in linguistics. They are simple and you can get your research answers fast on the internet and get high grades.
- How have text messages created a linguistic subculture?
- The influence of computers on modern language.
- The effectiveness of non-verbal and verbal communication to displaying emotions.
- Is verbal communication more effective than verbal communication?
- Communication of individuals without a shared language.
- Do you think elementary schools should teach students more than one language?
- The acquisition of language in different growth stages.
- The influence of technology on communication.
- The impact of music in language evolution.
- The influence of language on gender differences.
- Social change evolution through sociolinguistics.
- Analysis of the impact of body language.
- How words are used to master legal settings in the world.
- Language review in an informal and formal setting.
- Detailed evaluation of research methods on linguistics.
Language Research Topics
Searching online for language research topics can be a bit hectic. However, we made that easier for you. These topics are easy to research and workaround.
- How does language influence cultural identity?
- The impact of language on gender and power.
- Does media affect the diversity of language?
- How is technology making a positive or negative impact on language?
- The influence of offensive language and free speech.
- How to differentiate between standard and non-standard English.
- The influence of diversity of language in the community.
- How does language influence the behavior of people in workplaces?
- How can you determine whether someone is talking the truth or lies through language?
- How does the use of certain language influence advertising?
- What is the relationship between minor and major languages?
- The influence of printed communication media on purchasing levels of customers.
- The best communication media for different age groups.
- The influence of language on interpersonal relations and social interaction.
- How do social media and politics affect language?
Linguistics Essay Topics
Finding an ideal topic can be hectic. However, with the right idea in mind, you can never go wrong in linguistics. They are broad and easy to articulate.
- What makes it easy for people to differentiate languages and translate?
- How does language influence gender differences?
- The influence of language on creating bonds between different communities
- How does language influence perception and the connection?
- The influence of bilingualism on different societies.
- The use of English in different professional settings.
- Relation between multilingualism and bilingualism.
- The factors that affect language learning abilities in society.
- Which are the linguistic communication barriers and stereotypes.
- The history of linguistic and its internationalization.
- Modern linguistic and influence on the evolution of human language.
- The pioneers of linguistic and their impact.
- The challenge of linguistic and cultural diversity in Education
- The relation between class, language, and ideology during the revolution
- The methods used in the preservation of linguistic diversity in the world
English Research Topics
English is diverse and getting the right research topics can be a bit hectic. English language is globally spoken and has a great impact on the general society. Hence, here are some English research topics you can start with:
- Psychological factors that influence customer purchasing power through language.
- How can the genetic link to optimism shape attitudes?
- Evaluate how students from wealthier backgrounds score higher on standardized tests.
- What impact do mandatory physical education classes have on student’s health?
- The strategies for improving low academic performance in the English language.
- The impact of the mother tongue on students’ performance in English.
- The impact of mother tongue on grammar and sentence structure.
- The study of English literature and its impact on language growth.
- English common spelling errors.
- The importance of supervision in primary education development.
- The correlation between the English language and literature.
- The effect of truancy on academic performance in students.
- Factors affecting language choice in a multilingual society
- How can poetry be used as an expression of anger?
- Language attitudes among teenagers.
Linguistics Project Ideas
Are you in the university and wondering where you can get the best linguistic project ideas? Finding a topic should not be a hard task. These topics are straightforward and will help you get top grades.
- The analysis of the use of sentence stress on college students.
- A sociolinguistic analysis of code-switching and code-mixing in educational institutions.
- The importance of motivation in the acquisition of phonetic sounds.
- The social Language variation about gender.
- The influence of language in racism expression.
- The cultural influence on the language.
- An analysis of language on newspaper advertisement.
- The ecology of acquisition of language in adults.
- The major principles of metamorphosis on language.
- Communication diversity in the health care system.
- Communication in a multicultural workplace.
- The linguistic features of legal language.
- The study of advertisement language.
- The inhibitions of English language proficiency.
- Class stratification, poverty, and social injustice influence language.
List of Research Topics in English Language
English as a language has evolved. Hence, the need to understand its evolution. The English language is just like any other diverse language like Chinese, Russian or French. Here are some top-notch topics that you can use for your research.
- The origin of the English language and its assimilation with other languages.
- The difference between North America and South America Literature.
- The various Irish writers in English literature.
- The contribution of Indian writers on evolving of the English language.
- The major contribution of Shakespeare to the English language.
- The impact of female writers on English literature.
- The major challenges of learning English as a second language.
- Is there any gender controversy in the modern English language?
- The influence of the industrial evolution of modern English.
- The effect of professional qualification of English teachers in school-going students.
- The problems experienced while teaching the English language in school.
- The implementation and policy of success and failure in English.
- The influence of extensive reading in promoting communication in school.
- Investigation of special language needs in workplaces.
- The strategies used for improving low academic performance in the English language.
Easy Research Paper Topics for English
Are you wondering where to get the best English research paper topics for college students? People prefer doing easy research projects to hard ones that may take them a huge amount of time. These are some topics that you can start with:
- The cross-cultural influences of the English language.
- Analyze the gender controversy in modern English and its evolution.
- The representation of women in literature and the impact.
- The imagist movement in the English Language.
- A linguistic style analysis of gender variations in television news reporting.
- The influence of children’s literature on cultural integration in the world.
- The language behavior and its effect on a multilingual setting.
- A sociolinguistic study of non-standard English word use formally.
- The influence of love poetry in embracing love in the world.
- A linguistic analysis of the language of humor.
- An investigation of the auxiliary verb acquisition problem.
- The impact of self-directed learning strategies on written English.
- A comparative analysis of word-formation processes in English.
- The process of inferencing in Language.
- The major barriers to second language acquisition of English.
Linguistics Research Topics
These linguistics research topics deal with investigating the influence of language on diversity, evolution, and society. Linguistics started long before and society has a different perception of it. In these topics, you will argue out the influence of Linguistic in various dynamics.
- How does society alter some word meanings?
- How do genders perceive politeness via language use?
- English assessment as a second language.
- What makes some languages to be endangered and what causes that?
- A forensic assessment of linguistic diversity.
- Is language an essential element of human life?
- Can the task-based language teaching perception be measured?
- Analyze the performance measures for speech recognition.
- The characterization of linguistic dimensions in multidimensional analysis.
- Is applied linguistic important in the digitalized world?
Are You Having Problems With Your Linguistics Paper?
Are you tired of having to research a topic and write on your own? Are you in need of professional writing? We will make the process easy for you. We offer the best research paper writing service that you could ever think of.
No more worries about where to get the best writing help. We have ENL writers that are good at English to ensure everything works out as it should. They will provide custom essays, proposals, projects, thesis, and dissertations just for you.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Copyright © 2013-2023 MyPaperDone.com
As Putin continues killing civilians, bombing kindergartens, and threatening WWIII, Ukraine fights for the world's peaceful future.
Ukraine Live Updates
What was the life of a Sparta warrior? Should plastic surgery businesses be banned? The pros and cons of playing video games at work. Can
Impressive English Research Paper Topics · Should we legalize all illegal immigrants? · How efficient are police borders? · How are activism and
Do you need some help with brainstorming for topics? Some common research paper topics include abortion, birth control, child abuse, gun control
Literature Research Paper Topics · The correlation between psychology and literature. · How is the construction of social identity? · How can you describe the
Topics for English Literature Research Essays ... How are the roles of men and women portrayed in the novel? Are they distinctly different? Do
20 Easy Research Paper Topics for English · Origins of the English language. · Old English. · Middle English. · Early Modern English. · Cross-cultural influences of
English Research Paper Topics For Mini Projects · Interpretation of American English Drama. · Role of English communication in business management
Topics For Literature Based Research Paper · 1. Tragedies of Ancient Greece. Sophocles Oedipus Rex: · 2. Concerning Cultural Myths About Women . Eavan Boland s
Should school students choose a controversial topic? Should prayer be a part of high school? Do kids focus better in same-sex schools? Should
English Research Topics · Psychological factors that influence customer purchasing power through language. · How can the genetic link to optimism shape attitudes?